What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Squall

Only hay i have ever smelled is real HAY lol talking about pot business i used to make more in pounds selling family pack which was half pound bag
was a mixture of M-39 bubba gum Blue berry , purple kush and reg Afghanistan kush talk about bag appeal and all it was, lol was B grade buds larf and underdeveloped lower plant produce ,,
Now i am looking at online thai stick varieties imagine variety thai stick with all types of strains from couple gram joints to 2 0z party poppers :) you can pass that joint around for 8 hrs lol

Isn't M-39 just beasters from canada grown by asian gangs? Shame on you if you were selling that garbage.

Bwanabud

Very cool job Mrs.B, it must be nice to be in a legal state :tiphat:

And it's fine to tell work stories, as long as the names & faces are protected...and you've been discreet in your thread, ignore the haters and whiners.

Best wishes,
Bwana

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
it was real easy to make big money back when there was little or no competition due to prohibition

The days of getting prepaid 5200 a pack before you harvest are gone but they existed for some time.

Key word being prepaid.

But hey we all got stories don't we?

Maybe we can hear some about dispensary bud tender experiences and not growers ego.

Bwanabud

Let's not turn Mrs.B's thread into a pissing battle, this is HER thread about HER stories and experiences....I'm looking forward to the updates and posts, not the chest puffing and bickering....like Weird said, we all have stories good & bad...these are Mrs.B's.

If you don't like the content or subject move on, if you're looking for an argument go throw eggs at your neighbors house :)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow up fan boy. Why are you talking about drinking at 8am ? That seems counterproductive. You cant have a thread like this and promote no negativity allowed at the same time.

Why does have to be negative ? I just thought it would be nice to share some of the crazy funny very awesome people that come in to the shop.
My boss tipped me and the other budtender 50 bucks yesterday! She is the best, took us on a spa weekend a month or so ago, never had a boss do anything like that before.
It will be interesting to see what happens when we vote next month. If it passes we will deffently be expanding!!

Bwanabud

You cant have a thread like this and promote no negativity allowed at the same time.

I didn't see any negativity until members started taking shots at each over BS, the thread was intended to be "A day in the life of Mrs.Babba" (soon coming to a theater near you)....

and instead has turned into "My Dad can beat the shit out of your Dad" (found in most Redboxes near you, in the .99 cent special section) :tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Cool thread Mrs. Babba!

Come on people, let's not ruin another thread. I want to read the stories, not some nonsensical bullshit from the clowns. Go troll the rks thread or something.

Mrs. Babba, what's the best bud you have in that place currently? I would like to hear about what sells well and such!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool thread Mrs. Babba!

Come on people, let's not ruin another thread. I want to read the stories, not some nonsensical bullshit from the clowns. Go troll the rks thread or something.

Mrs. Babba, what's the best bud you have in that place currently? I would like to hear about what sells well and such!

Thanks Lester, good question.....

It's the buds that have the most fragrant buds that sell the most whether it's a sativa or Indica it's the smell test. The density and look of the bud seems to be next, if it's small larfy buds or trimmed kinda funky they don't like it.

We had a lucky bubble jar a while back that was so colorful that ppl just said wow every time they saw it. I tried it it was good the taste didn't hold up after about half the joint was smoked. Oh and purple buds, damn ppl like those, grape ape is a huge seller when we have it.

A lot of peeps are using vape pens these days so the cartridges are a huge seller. Lots of different kinds and brands. Most are strain specific and have the testing on them, I don't care for them too much they have a weird after taste to me,not sure what they do but very popular for most ppl.

And the edibles are endless, from some with no THC to 1000 mg brownie!! I hear all the time, I eat one little piece of the brownie and sleep all night long, we pass out samples all the time, it's great! We have medicated coffee, tea, drinks, water, sugar, honey, cookies the list goes on and on! heheh

Have a great day and I'll be back!! Have to check on the garden :peacock:

B

Baron Greenback

Could I ask what the prices are? I went to LA once (from Europe, where we have nothing like it at all) and ended up paying $85 for an 1/8th of Blueberry, it was quite nice, somewhat over manicured though. definitely not worth the price.
Do you carry the 20 week plus sativas or is it just not commercially viable?
If someone did offer them to you, would they have to be a registered supplier or could just anyone supply you? Is there any grey area where you get the excess of someone's personal grow who is growing something really rare?
Sorry for all the questions (and slightly off topic too), but this is quite interesting for me.

MrBungle

I like the thread topic as well.. Never had the privilege to walk into a dispensary, so reading the stories is like chicken soup for the stoner soul...lol

I think folks like the cartridges cause they are so discrete.. no lingering odor, and you can blend in with the nicotine vape community.. not to mention they last for a good while... I'm not a huge fan personally, but I can see it being handy in certain situations :)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could I ask what the prices are? I went to LA once (from Europe, where we have nothing like it at all) and ended up paying $85 for an 1/8th of Blueberry, it was quite nice, somewhat over manicured though. definitely not worth the price.
Do you carry the 20 week plus sativas or is it just not commercially viable?
If someone did offer them to you, would they have to be a registered supplier or could just anyone supply you? Is there any grey area where you get the excess of someone's personal grow who is growing something really rare?
Sorry for all the questions (and slightly off topic too), but this is quite interesting for me.

Not off topic at all BG, thanks
I don't want to get into specifics like that, sorry but I can tell you it's a lot less then So Cal or even the Bay Area...
We have sativas and they are really popular, there is a strain now we have Malawi wowie that is flying off the shelves.
Any member can bring in medicine for donation and get compensated, but it doesn't mean it will pass the boss test lol but she has a few venders that are pretty regular suppliers

Slipnot

probably be the last place i would want to walk into Dispensaries although i never been in one is probably 90 percent BS sales and 10 percent truth ..
pretty much like any sales man or pitch . if we look at some of the threads on MJ forums with claims like pouring hot water to flush plants or ice water one can clearly see people that are stoned can come up with some of the funniest things

Green Squall

Why does have to be negative ? I just thought it would be nice to share some of the crazy funny very awesome people that come in to the shop.
My boss tipped me and the other budtender 50 bucks yesterday! She is the best, took us on a spa weekend a month or so ago, never had a boss do anything like that before.
It will be interesting to see what happens when we vote next month. If it passes we will deffently be expanding!!

Life is good when you have a cool boss! Nothing is worse than working for someone who doesn't appreciate you.

Bwanabud

Life is good when you have a cool boss! Nothing is worse than working for someone who doesn't appreciate you.

Enjoying your job and the atmosphere of work place, makes all the difference in the world,,,I've gotten paid big bucks to work in places that I hated to walk into every day, it sucks big time.

Congrats to Mrs.B for working in a place with harmony and good vibes :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the thread topic as well.. Never had the privilege to walk into a dispensary, so reading the stories is like chicken soup for the stoner soul...lol

I think folks like the cartridges cause they are so discrete.. no lingering odor, and you can blend in with the nicotine vape community.. not to mention they last for a good while... I'm not a huge fan personally, but I can see it being handy in certain situations :)

Very true MrB it's very discreet to smoke those in public, I use mine all the time, it's wonderful I love it!!
It's hard to tell the difference between the e cig vape pens to the oil rigs.
We get a lot of people that want to check out the club that don't have a 215, from all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts