What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plus one on great thread.
Found our some interesting tit bits
( you guys might say 'tid bits')
And cool storys too.

Didn't know you couldn't sell bho.

Have you had people trying to vend it as co2 made?

Yup there are ppl that try to say it isn't BHO but it's pretty easy to tell the difference, most growers can't afford the co2 machines so it's going to pretty easy to see who is making what.

It's pretty funny how different this industry is, no where else that I know of you can walk into a business and get something for free?!?
And the attitudes that come with it, almost like they are entitled to it. Had a new couple sign up and they bought some meds and I put in a cpl of pre rolls for coming in. The guy asks when we are done, did you put some compassion in our bag? I said no, you got a cpl of doobies for joining up, compassion is for some one that has no money or meds?!?!
It blows my mind lol

I'm sure if prop 64 passes we will get sooooo many ppl thinking it will be recreational the next day lol can't wait for that hahaha

Have a great weekend peeps!!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I think people are going to need extra medication today... thank you for being there, and being here!!! Much love and respect to you Mrs. B!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think people are going to need extra medication today... thank you for being there, and being here!!! Much love and respect to you Mrs. B!

Thank you so much Payaso, that's really sweet, I love this site and all my stoner friends!!
:thank you:
lol no doubt!! I've been medicating since I woke up hehehe the next 4 years should be interesting to see how it all plays out :biggrin:

Aota1

I've had a barrage of outdoor vendors coming in for the past week or so. Everyone is finally getting their test results back. I've seen some very good flower and some really subpar stuff. I have a great seed vendor story to share but I need to get ready for work. Later.....

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing too funny, just a lot of calls and ppl coming in thinking they can buy rec no huge lines in the morning when we opened but the day it does go rec, ohhhh my it's going to be nutso!!

Have a great day everyone!! Thanks for all the awesome posts

vta

Veteran
Hopefully they will let clubs sell rec until they get the licensing system up and running. Would be a great boost and help the clubs better prepare for the next chapter.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have a patient I'll call Joe, he was a regular coming in a few times a week getting small amounts(5 to 10 dollar or compassion if he was broke) and I don't want to talk bad about ppl but he was pretty bad, drooling and wearing the same cloths, no one really likes waiting on him lol

He has since moved about an hour away so he doesn't come in any more but still calls us to say hi or what ever....he called the other day to tell us his girlfriend swallowed a chicken bone and was in the hospital, I would never wish any bad shit on ppl but that had me almost to tears when my co worker was telling us about the call...he was doing the best imitation of his voice and sounded just like him....how the fuck do you swallow a chicken bone??? lol

I sure wish we could be rec now, sucks have to wait so long for it to happen

Green Squall

That's sad, but people like that tend to be the most interesting to talk to lol. Do you know what condition this Joe guy had a recommendation for?

I once sat next to a schizophrenic guy on the train. At first I was like "oh god, just my luck." But once we started talking, he turned out to be one of the most fascinating people I've ever met.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Mrs B....

So it'll be another year before you can sell rec cannabis legally?

How much busier do you reckon that the shop will be, once you can?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GS....I'm not sure it could be a number of things

Gypsy....if the city would allow it we could sell rec right now, but it's going to be so crazy here when it does I can't even imagine the crowds we will have. Have to hire more budtenders I can tell your that, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Aota1

Okay I finally put down a quick version of this crazy seed vendor's sales trip to the store. It's been insanely busy lately and looks like we may open a second location in town. Here goes:
Haha!! Yup. I had a salesman in my shop and it was insane. After spilling dirt on the bud sample tables from two clones he had to show genetics (as customers were trying to maneuver around him to see our bud), he snapped when I told him I wasn't interested. He was wearing mirrored aviators the whole time while it was cloudy and rainy outside. He then asked me to trade him some hash and flower for some packs or the two clones. I was walking back to my office after telling him I wasn't interested one final time and told him to take care. He must've thought I'd said something smart because he started walking quickly over asking me what I'd said! I thought we were going to rock! I told him what I'd said and he walked out bitching loudly the whole time yelling we had Schwag when he hit the door. Lol. Then he put a crazy Leafly review up that I had to email them about. Haha. Wingnut Central

Last edited:

Bwanabud

he called the other day to tell us his girlfriend swallowed a chicken bone and was in the hospital, I would never wish any bad shit on ppl but that had me almost to tears when my co worker was telling us about the call...he was doing the best imitation of his voice and sounded just like him....how the fuck do you swallow a chicken bone??? lol

CORRECTING THE RECORD: Mama Cass Elliot did NOT choke to death on a chicken bone in London in 1974. Cause of death was heart failure.

Remember that myth Mrs.B ? :tiphat:

Bwanabud

I thought it was supposedly a ham sandwich?

You're correct, there were 2 versions of the "story"...chicken bone/ham sandwich, both were fabricated.

It all started from the first doctor on the scene to examine her body, and he saw a sandwich on the table...and stated it looked like she was eating and choked on the food obstructing her airway. The sandwich was actually untouched, and he was a DB...she had heart failure due to obesity, where the "chicken bone" version came from I have no idea...but the story was passed around by rabid fans for years :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea B I do remember that, it's crazy how rumors will start and never go away.

Our local grow store has a sale going on for the month to help ppl start growing their 6 plants they are legally able to grow. I hope a shit load of ppl start growing lol

Getting ready to head to the Emerald Cup this weekend, going to be a blast. Meeting up with lots a like minded ppl is a joy!!

My co worker got a $200 tip yesterday, it would be really cool if the person that gave it to her wasn't a hot mess. She has been hooked on pills for years, her family is wealthy so she gets a bunch of money every month and that leaves her very vulnerable to any scum bag to take advantage of her. It's sad but at the same time she has made her bed and now can't get out. Needless to say my coworker put the money in the safe for now. She was shaking when the patient left lol didn't know what do

Status
Not open for further replies.