What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I blew off the idea yours might be different. I will look them up.
Our swan's all go down south, in a rather local migration.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.7fXi9O-Xk57IOoi-fEEOsgHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1.jpg

I see yours is quite different.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.rIQuITja6UcecT4hHvMmjgHaFI%26pid%3DApi&f=1.jpg

Very different birds

Three Berries

I have early bird robins that come and eat the juniper berries, usually in February. But then they move on and the regulars show up for the summer, they usually nest tin the same spot for about 5 years. This year there was a foot of snow on the ground when they got here.

VenerableHippie

She just came in from the back yard to say the White Winged Choughs (Chuffs) are foraging just outside our fence. They're very welcome. (Sorry too lazy to put up a pic.)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I blew off the idea yours might be different. I will look them up.
Our swan's all go down south, in a rather local migration.

i think yours are prettier. do they make a point of shitting on your car windows like ours do? maybe we could swap a few dozen if not...😃 damn birds LOVE pokeweed berries. leaves big purple splotches on everything left outside. 😒

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
i think yours are prettier. do they make a point of shitting on your car windows like ours do? maybe we could swap a few dozen if not...😃 damn birds LOVE pokeweed berries. leaves big purple splotches on everything left outside. 😒

They are not big enough for a any real coverage. Not like the geese that cluster bomb from altitude. I had half my car peppered recently. It looked like a cow had flown over. They can really ruin your day.

I think I have been hit twice.

buzzmobile

Veteran
She just came in from the back yard to say the White Winged Choughs (Chuffs) are foraging just outside our fence. They're very welcome. (Sorry too lazy to put up a pic.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	chuff.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	18089438

Cedar Waxwings have bombed the house, shed, car, roof and sundry horizontal surfaces over the years.
822.JPG

824.JPG

826.JPG

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i try to catch as many old acts as i can. most of the shows i go to are smaller up and coming bands live music scene fun i always have good time

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Cedar Waxwings have bombed the house, shed, car, roof and sundry horizontal surfaces over the years.

the "chuffs" or choughs, are cool looking birds. the cedar waxwings look like Northern Cardinals with neater paint jobs. don't see them often, but when i do, there is a BUNCH of them...👍

VenerableHippie

Thanks!

These are highly social intelligent creatures. They live in family groups and like to listen to me whistling excerpts from Mozart during our morning walk. (Well, I assume they're listening. They fall silent and stare down at us as we walk by. When we were new in the environment they would screech and fly away.)

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
one time out coyote hunting at night as i was walking into woods i had whole flock of turkeys take off from trees above me i thought the world was coming down on me scared the shit out of me at first