What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:gift: crap,i almost forgot...it's xmas time...toys for tots...no ride this year so i forgot....need to buy a star wars toy...haven't missed a toys for tots for years...

I opted out this year. They still gathered and brought toys and the parade was as long as usual. First toy ride I've missed in 25 years.
Now comes the hard part. My club is having the Christmas party this weekend. ( Something else I haven't missed in 25 years) I gotta weasel my way out of that too.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Morning!

For the folks still going old school, what 1000 hps bulbs are you using? I have always used Hortilux, just curious if something else out there works as well.

I had several small Mars LED in my 4x4 and unplugged them and fired up the 1k. There is no replacement for displacement. The results were stunning. I need to get a real Mars light to test, something that covers a 4x4 by itself. Until then the 1k chugs on.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Hey Lester, I use his 600w hps. I’ve used everything from hortilux to the cheapest brands. I can’t honestly see the difference in yield or quality between the brands. With cheaper I tend to replace more often just cuz they’re cheaper though so I can’t really say what’s best.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Don't worry Unc...

One day you will be old enough to stretch it across a board making the job easier.

Bud knows. He'll tell ya.

The downside is dunking the new shiny pair in the toilet when you sit down.

:D

Hey Bud are you old enough to tuck them into different socks? Or just separate pant legs??

:bigeye:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

off to wait in line at wallyworld in a bit...the rides are so not worth it! mr. wally's wild ride sucks! i guess it is nice that once you get in the story is basically empty so i can speed blitz the actual shopping part without all the wal-zombies in the way...but since the don't have many checkers and everyone is buying cartloads of stuff you end up waiting to get out too!!

summer,i keep telling myself summer will have some semblance of normal again...

anywho...pretty much just regular garden chores today,just some sweeping and mopping...got the giant stack of pots washed...i should wipe down the shelves in the potting area since they are empty...also need to remember to take pics of the GMO tent...almost done finally...and another grow store trip to get more #5 pots....and...:D

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

off to wait in line at wallyworld in a bit...the rides are so not worth it! mr. wally's wild ride sucks! i guess it is nice that once you get in the story is basically empty so i can speed blitz the actual shopping part without all the wal-zombies in the way...but since the don't have many checkers and everyone is buying cartloads of stuff you end up waiting to get out too!!

anywho...pretty much just regular garden chores today,just some sweeping and mopping...got the giant stack of pots washed...i should wipe down the shelves in the potting area since they are empty...also need to remember to take pics of the GMO tent...almost done finally...and another grow store trip to get more #5 pots....and...:D

Hey unc how long you take GMO to?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Holy shit, i saw someone post some at like 9 weeks and it had no pistil colors yet. Have some on their first run rn. Pcg website said 10 weeks, was hoping in dwc to get that closer to 9. Sounds like it aint happening. Thanks unc

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Working at the grow store we had a few customers that replaced their hortilux bulbs after every run. They swore it was worth it in yield.

I used to do every 2 runs w 1k hps. Loving the 315 lec cmh bulbs. Better numbers, higher quality and i dont swap bulbs more than once a year now.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
If you are sitting down when you flush at our McDonald's, it will first soak your beanbag, then pull your skeleton out of your ass. They should keep a 2x4 across that fucker!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
in a jar of moonshine in the barn?:D

Naw, your thinking about the pigs and bull's balls out there in the barn.
We call 'em 'Rocky Mountain Oysters" and save 'em for when we have special guests...:D

I'm getting to the age where I think we oughtta put a ban on the months of January, February, July and August...

Any temperatures colder than 45 and hotter than 90 should just be outlawed...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Naw, your thinking about the pigs and bull's balls out there in the barn.
We call 'em 'Rocky Mountain Oysters" and save 'em for when we have special guests...:D

I'm getting to the age where I think we oughtta put a ban on the months of January, February, July and August...

Any temperatures colder than 45 and hotter than 90 should just be outlawed...

i would miss may thru october then!

Latest posts

Latest posts