What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...pretty much just have trimming to deal with today...maybe some pot washing if i'm feeling saucy,there's only a couple dozen of them plus cups,and all smaller pots so easy enough to do in the sink...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
white truffle

IMG_20240415_121305419.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🐦 back from a store run...good to see the hummingbirds are back along with a dozen species of bees i see in the yard,and the butterflies as well...one of these days i need to make it down to the farmers market and grab some more ice plants to fill in some blank spots in the yard...they fill space quickly and bloom nearly year round...
time to make the trim-nuts!

Akss

Nicest day so far this year.. got up to around 72.. only bad part is the grass is starting to grow.. gonna have to trim that soon..don't enjoy trimming that kind either..

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
...i got a 50,000 dollar education in cooking in 6 months,and i was only allowed to use a cookbook in french for reference,and that was written in chef shorthand...that on top of the chef teaching me doing a lot of yelling and throwing anything not perfect away...
yikes! where did you study??? which cookbook you talking about?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yikes! where did you study??? which cookbook you talking about?
i didn't go to chef school,i was taught on the job by a chef you went to culinary institute of america,he taught me the basics of technique and how to pick my next jobs to further my education...so i went from dishwasher to sous chef in about 16 months total...the book was "le repitior de la cuisine" by escophie,the god of french cuisine...and i probably mangled the french there

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Up to 118 miles in 8 days. Rode the rail trail tonight. 9.5 miles in 37 minutes one way and 41 minutes back and I stopped to say hello to an old buddy. Hoping to be able to make the round trip in an hour or less soon on the single speed and work up to doing it twice in 2 hours in a month or so.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
✂️ gettin it done...not quickly by any means,but getting done...4 more plants to go in this round,then just waiting for the next batch to finish drying