What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emerald Cup 2015

HatchBrew

Veteran
I'm counting days down for this, If you do plan to get seeds from a vendor or booth is there a line or just get to the front quick and hope for the best? Also should you bring a backpack or something to hold your gear? Thanks for your time 🙌🙌

Yes there will be lines at some booths. Some others you can walk up and get down to business or just wait for the guy in front of you to be done.

Bookbag? yes you could bring one last year. They search it. So no glass or at least not visible. I had mason jars of bud in my bag last year, was told to take them back to my car. I kept going inside instead.

Flying goat for coffee. Old railroad square.

testymctester

Veteran
Do they have decent parking at the Emerald Cups ?

Yeah, tons of parking. They have really large events at this venue and The Emerald Cup is pretty small in comparison.

I'm counting days down for this, If you do plan to get seeds from a vendor or booth is there a line or just get to the front quick and hope for the best? Also should you bring a backpack or something to hold your gear? Thanks for your time 🙌🙌

As far as seeds, it is going to depend on how much inventory each breeder brings to the event. In my experience, there are not too many early birds to the cup, so get there Saturday morning when it opens and you should be good to go. They will search backpacks, but all is good if you are 215.

There have been more seed vendors than anything else in the past. Well, with the exception of the free dab booths. There will be a few people there with cuts, edibles, flowers, and concentrates but vending those items does not really seem to be the focus of the vendor area. The booths have been more about dispensary marketing, breeder marketing, etc. than actually selling a lot of product.

HatchBrew

Veteran
breakfast: over by the pink flamingo hotel is Jeffery's Hillside Cafe on 4th street. It is the best place for breakfast in the county. another great place is the Fremont diner, but that is a bit of a drive.

There's a great Pupusa right across the street from the fairgrounds by the veterans hall.

Parking. Coming in from the 12, it'll be backed up. I parked up the street by the Chevron.

Doors did not open on time last year. 45 minutes later than scheduled.
Line to get into 215 area, long.

Seeds abundant. Dark heart nursery was there slinging clones last year. Plenty of people to share smokes with.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
parking is fine because they have huge areas set aside for it, but traffic is backed up to the highway.
prepare to wait in traffic, wait in line to get in/get searched, then wait to get in line again for the 215 area.

backpack is fine, good place for seeds, weeds, and pen + notebook. they glanced in my bag and stuck a flashlight in there and didn't even really look through all my things, they aren't too strict. they just want to make sure there are no weapons.

and the seeds are not treated like clone drops where you have to camp from like 6am to get anything, just make sure you are there the first half of the first day.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
anybody local who can pull off the permits and insurance want to share a table or two and have an ICMAG hospitality and seed booth?

I made an @ss load of seeds and I probably won't make it unless somebody can arrange me a booth to sit in, I can pay for it but I can't organize that paperwork.

I want to get my girls spread out in Cali like I did at the MI cup but I'll need some help on that end to make it happen.
plenty of seeds and flowers for you if you can pull that off.:tiphat:

picture.php

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets bump this up on top .... less then a month ... better get your entries in !!

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Babba u going?
were thinking about making the trip...is there another cup early next yr in NorCal say February or March?

testymctester

Veteran
Hell yeah! Was trying to grab a booth with a buddy, but they sold out super quick. Should be a great time :dance013:

I'm local, so let me know if anybody needs advice on dispos, smoke shops, hotels, restaurants, breweries, wineries, etc.

I'm not good at organizing shit with other people, but I'm pretty good at showing up if someone else organizes an ic meetup or something. Need to get my tickets soon, but not sure what advantage the VIP ticket has... $100 more for a t-shirt and VIP access?

Does anyone know what else is included in the VIP sections? Celebrities, samples, etc. :biggrin:

HillBilly1

Veteran
Who rents motorized wheelchair's lol I will be in bad shape
From the road trip. Haha no but will probably be good
For a one day only. But would be cool to meet a few
New folks and put names to faces even if it's our pretend
Names hahaha. I will be the bearded bald guy

Lyfespan

Hell yeah! Was trying to grab a booth with a buddy, but they sold out super quick. Should be a great time :dance013:

I'm local, so let me know if anybody needs advice on dispos, smoke shops, hotels, restaurants, breweries, wineries, etc.

I'm not good at organizing shit with other people, but I'm pretty good at showing up if someone else organizes an ic meetup or something. Need to get my tickets soon, but not sure what advantage the VIP ticket has... $100 more for a t-shirt and VIP access?

Does anyone know what else is included in the VIP sections? Celebrities, samples, etc. :biggrin:

everytime i spring for the vip, theres really nothing much i get any different, but the shirts, hell they didnt even include parking with the vip pass

A$NOB

I just made my reservations, I'm looking too pick up as many legit cuts as I can on this trip, any advice for spots in that area is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time 🙏

testymctester

Veteran
everytime i spring for the vip, theres really nothing much i get any different, but the shirts, hell they didnt even include parking with the vip pass

Thanks Lyfespan. Do you ever spend time in the VIP tents? Anything going on there that is not going on anywhere else?

testymctester

Veteran
I just made my reservations, I'm looking too pick up as many legit cuts as I can on this trip, any advice for spots in that area is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time ��

Harborside and Berkley Patient Group are pretty good in the bay area and Organicann is the best up here. You might get lucky and get some cuts at the Emerald Cup, but that has probably been the least vended item in my previous cups. Good luck!

jefe noche

Who rents motorized wheelchair's lol I will be in bad shape
From the road trip. Haha no but will probably be good
For a one day only. But would be cool to meet a few
New folks and put names to faces even if it's our pretend
Names hahaha. I will be the bearded bald guy

Im down for a smoke session or coffee ect. I am close to the venue so to speak. Got lots of beans for trade. Just cant afford tickets this year.

oldCounty

Hoping to make it out there, need to reup on some norstar genetics. Was also wanting to pick up clones but sounds like that's not big there? Damn, had my hopes up this would be the best con to find them.

theJointedOne

Veteran
That's crazy. Definitely not lacking in ticket sales, ad/booth revenue ect ect...

Money grab, not sure how I feel about that....