What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

igrowone

Veteran
Am I in the deep stoner thoughts thread?

indeed, this may need all the deep thinking we can muster
i do follow some of the main stream climate sites/chit chat talk
some of these folks are getting panicky with what they are seeing
change is upon us whether we want it or not

igrowone

Veteran
here's the arctic's current look
several pulses of reduced ice during the freezing season
and for the bulk of January(so far), it's virtually stopped dead from adding ice
adding in other changes such as the very large reduction in multiyear sea ice
and you get a dramatic change visible to most eyes

Attachments

• N_daily_extent.jpg
    N_daily_extent.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 21
  • N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.jpg
    N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 19

Dog Star

Veteran
could be worse, we could be looking at a "nuclear winter".

Or a Carrington effect after Sun hit some X flare in direction of Earth,then 400 Nuclear Plants and their generators for cooling will be unusable and they will not cool reactors any more,it will happend like was happend in Fukushima,but in Fukushima a tsunami is guilty for stoping cooling generators for nuclear reactors..

after Sun burns everything that haves electrical coil inside self
then starts true mayhem... no body will survive or those that will survive will pray for fast death..

so those ice melting is nothing seriouss compared to things that can happend in every moment of our life inside this unsecure but still beautifull Universe.

idiit

Veteran
there is a lot of stuff about the north and south poles recently on the 'net. there are magnetic poles and geographic poles ( different).

https://www.bing.com/search?q=geogr...004AC6F86842AC9D6A43A826EFE3FA&FORM=QBRE&sp=1

earth's poles shift periodically. what was recently the north pole geographically was once in an Africa type environment before the last pole shift: mammoth and mastodon remains have been found in the artic reason with undigested African plains type vegetation in their stomachs.

both magnetic and geographic poles are moving at this very time once again. lots and lots of articles. linked below is just one of many, many articles on pole shifts.

http://www.timelinetothefuture.com/prepare/possible-earth-events/pole-shift-magnetic

the really interesting area in my opinion is what is going on at the antartic. it appears that evidence and remnants of earlier highly advanced non human species have been discovered there:

http://www.vb-tech.co.za/Antartica/myths1.htm

Impending Announcement of Ruins from Futuristic Civilization Found in Antarctica

Written by Dr Michael Salla on December 6, 2016. Posted in archeology, exopolitics research

http://exopolitics.org/impending-an...-futuristic-civilization-found-in-antarctica/

brown_thumb

there is a lot of stuff about the north and south poles recently on the 'net. there are magnetic poles and geographic poles ( different).

https://www.bing.com/search?q=geogr...004AC6F86842AC9D6A43A826EFE3FA&FORM=QBRE&sp=1

earth's poles shift periodically. what was recently the north pole geographically was once in an Africa type environment before the last pole shift: mammoth and mastodon remains have been found in the artic reason with undigested African plains type vegetation in their stomachs.

both magnetic and geographic poles are moving at this very time once again. lots and lots of articles. linked below is just one of many, many articles on pole shifts.

http://www.timelinetothefuture.com/prepare/possible-earth-events/pole-shift-magnetic

the really interesting area in my opinion is what is going on at the antartic. it appears that evidence and remnants of earlier highly advanced non human species have been discovered there:

http://www.vb-tech.co.za/Antartica/myths1.htm

http://exopolitics.org/impending-an...-futuristic-civilization-found-in-antarctica/

Don't forget that the continents shift/move and change. We don't know with absolute certainty how much.

igrowone

Veteran
So what I am I supposed to see, a black hole filled with corporate integrity ?

if that's what you see, i personally don't see that
but differences of opinion are on the table
but if you're referring to lost civilizations in Antarctica, that i have no knowledge of

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Antarctica froze up 37 million years ago, halfway between now and the dinosaur extinction. No mammals yet walked upright at that time, some were fairly large but each one of them walked on all four legs. Just an odd bit of trivia for the 'lost civilizations from before mankind' crowd.

The above image of the current ice...single year ice was mentioned. The map shows the entire Bering Strait as ice covered. This is not true. There are many open water patches the wind blows from place to place. When the open water approaches shore it screws up the weather fiercely. Our transportation is all by airplane in the winter (no roads) so details like that are noticed.

The Arctic Ocean ice has few spots of open water, but it used to have none. This is also a major change playing havoc with the local transportation as well as wildlife.

The entire surface of the Greenland ice sheet has risen above freezing at the same time with lakes forming then draining down into the ice. Similar to the open water in the arctic.

Born 1952, died 2017, spanning the best era in history in the richest country ever to exist.
Never has it been before and never will it be again.

And I lived through the whole thing right up to the beginning of the end.
How cool is that?
I almost want to watch it all fall apart, but the truth of that is suffering and hard deaths, not the romantic and noble ending most seem to imagine. Glad to miss that part.

The last 60 years, 3 generations of unmatched wealth and personal power. Kings could not achieve what I commanded effortlessly. Year round exotic food, a warm draft free home, transportation faster than a horse can run, live children for every couple, the list grows too long to enumerate.

This is not the end, it just won't ever be this good again, 9/10 of the world were slaves to the west to maintain this ruinous lifestyle.
Never again will such wanton waste be tolerated.

igrowone

Veteran
a thoughtful post with some valuable observations on what is happening in the far north Phaeton
i'll hang onto to my optimism to the bitter end i guess, what the hell at this point
and good point on the images i've posted, they're a composite of sea ice data/concentrations, which don't necessarily match up with visual observations

igrowone

Veteran
many are reluctant to clink on links, so i will provide a synopsis i found in the wiki for Ivar Giever, who is the subject of the video

Giaever has said man-made global warming is a "new religion." In the minority report released by the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in March 2009, Giaever said, "I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion."

In a featured story in Norway's largest newspaper, Aftenposten, 26 June 2011, Giaever stated, "It is amazing how stable temperature has been over the last 150 years."

On 13 September 2011, Giaever resigned from the American Physical Society over its official position. The APS Fellow noted: "In the APS it is ok to discuss whether the mass of the proton changes over time and how a multi-universe behaves, but the evidence of global warming is incontrovertible?"

As part of the 62nd Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, Giaever referred to agreement with the evidence of climate change as a "religion" and commented on the significance of the apparent rise in temperature when he stated, "What does it mean that the temperature has gone up 0.8 degrees Kelvin, Probably nothing." Referring to the selection of evidence in his presentation, Giaever stated "I pick and choose when I give this talk just the way the previous speaker (Mario Molina) picked and chose when he gave his talk." Giaever concluded his presentation with a pronouncement: "Is climate change pseudoscience? If I’m going to answer the question, the answer is: absolutely."

Giaever repeated his claims in a speech at the same place in 2015, referring to data on global average temperature published amongst others by NASA that show global average surface temperature has risen less than 1K in 140 years, and not risen at all for the years from 2000 - 2014.

A main point of his speech was discussing reliability of the statistical calculation of this temperature with respect to the quite inhomogeneous spatial distribution of measurement locations over the globe, especially the poor coverage in the southern hemisphere. He highlighted the fact evident from the dataset used by NASA for the calculations that there have been only 8 measurement locations on the entire Antarctic continent, which holds the greatest and currently further increasing mass of ice found on earth. He claimed that these facts erode the credibility of accuracy usually attached to these data, notwithstanding that established statistical procedures have been used to cope with that lack of data statistical independence and hence data quality.

Another main point was that observed significant change in atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations in a magnitude of 40% during the last 250 years of the industrial age does in no way correlate with the observed temperature change in that time, thus experimentally rendering invalid the claim that rising concentrations of CO2 are the cause of global warming, as stated by the UN led Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and leading climatologists from different countries in a vast amount of publications, and widely believed as a fact in scientific as well as political discussions worldwide.

Giaever, on the base of the facts presented, urged the scientific community to rethink and to reject these claims as baseless or at least not properly founded, and to redirect the immense funds invested in technologies aiming to reduce CO2 emissions to the real problems of humanity. To give balance, the vast majority of scientists working in the field disagree with Giaever. Giaever's field of expertise is not climatology, and indeed he has never published a peer-reviewed paper on the subject. As he admits in his speech to Nobel Laureates mentioned above, he spent a day and a half on Google researching the subject.

Giaever is currently a science advisor at the libertarian lobbyist group The Heartland Institute.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
reality check-in 1908, there were hundreds (maybe) of cars. in 2015, how many billion world-wide? percentages don't mean diddly in this regard. in 1908, the air in China was clear, look at recent pix of large cities there now. couldn't be all of the coal they are burning in their attempt at becoming an economic/military powerhouse, nope, must be something else. meanwhile, OUR air is cleaner as a result of EPA regulations over the last few decades. i am NOT a "climate change" panic button pusher. glaciers etc the world over ARE shrinking, the world IS getting warmer. BUT...i remain unconvinced that humans can reverse it, or that we are the main cause of it. the world has gotten colder/warmer for millions of years when we were not around. :tiphat:

Gry

The oil industry has continually used the same PR firm the tobacco industry used. That would be Hill and Knowlton. Not about to tell anyone that google is there friend, but ...

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
I wonder what impact could be potentially ascribed to UFOs visiting Earth...instead of mankind?

Pic from the recent video--
2750973-1485428066660484_10.jpg

Watch recent Video of UFO rising from Earth here--http://independent.bbvms.com/view/embed/2750973.html

Watch 2015 Video here (about the 20 second mark you can see the "UFO" arising from Earth)--http://independent.bbvms.com/view/embed/2471113.html

Assuming these videos are true...then I say, hmmmmmm! (as I stroke my chin).

Then we have the theory that Antarctica is/was a UFO base...lol. So, let's compare the South Pole with the North Pole satellite pics (if our Governments will release them). What is that big circle?

065c991b703b.png

Last edited:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Imagine that, evolution needs 1ooos of years normaly, now the animals in the antarctica or northern arctic areas should do that in 3 or 4,5 human generations. Or less. Do or die.

Streitlotse-Streitatlas-Koerpersprache-deuten_01.jpg

igrowone

Veteran
there was this hunter a couple of years back up around the canadian arctic
a bear charged him and shot it dead, figured it was a grizzly/brown bear which are closely related
but the bear looked different, upon closer inspection had a very light coat, polar bear?
polar bears being a protected species and the canadian game officials had the bear body
they called it a polar bear, and the hunter was facing some serious charges
dna testing to the rescue, turns out it was grizzly/polar bear hybrid!
so evolution is churning along, polar bears may not be as white but might survive albeit in a changed form

kakaman

Alaska pine forests are looking weird. Salmon are gone now more violet purple and neon blue fish with coral.

uM5hUzt.jpg

isleofpines.jpg

Dog Star

Veteran
Salmon and other Alaskan species are affected by Fukushima radioactive plume,

trees and plants,shrooms can show this much faster...

am sorry for bad news in a morning but that radiactivity that spreading is so much
ignored overthere,much much more than Global Warming thingy..

and a Global Warming is not a close in effects to what happened in Fukushima,
anyway people look in wrong direction like this will save them from a effects
of a radiation.

Latest posts

Latest posts