What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

mudballs

Screenshot_20240424-041740_Chrome.jpg

Your little shock value click bait graphs dont mean shit now...do they? ...i never said we weren't doing damage. It's just not the emergency you and others want it to be.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
View attachment 18992606
Your little shock value click bait graphs dont mean shit now...do they? ...i never said we weren't doing damage. It's just not the emergency you and others want it to be.
You're a trip.

So it's not an emergency. What data has led you to that conclusion? If it's just how you feel intuitively you can say that, because the data and projections made by people far more informed, experienced and intelligent than I all lead to the conclusion that it is an emergency the magnitude of which has not been seen on Earth since humans first evolved.

When the future of collective life on planet Earth is what's on the line, it's worth it to me to take the time and present information the best way that I can, even if it only causes one person to decide to work towards fixing this issue.

I looked at the information that you suggested as being somehow against the idea that this is an emergency, and I found that all of the data points to the fact that the climactic changes present in the epoch that you suggested were all explainable by natural phenomenon, which took.... dozens of millions of years to complete at the extreme scale, and around 100,000 years on the orbital scale, which then corrects itself and swings us back in the opposite direction. There is no cycle present which will correct the changes that we are seeing now, and they have taken around 150 years to accomplish what would have taken 100,000 years if the orbital cycle were to blame. My shock clickbait was suggested by you.

Last edited:

mudballs

The changes you flap your peacock plume feathers over, are but a mere blip on your precious earth...all of the earths systems will continue as tho humans were never here. Just as it rotated and fluxed before we got here and budged the needle in what could be argued as statistically insignificant...a p-value below 0.05
You are not even a trip...ur an annoyance

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
You act as though 1.5 degrees is so significant...it's a return to the mean for Gaia...but you refuse to acknowledge that cuz ur stuck in ur narrow minded human comfort perspective.
if it was a nice neat 1.5C, that would be great and the world is saved
the fear is we're going past that quickly
and that the current models are a gross under estimation
there are a number of credible(i.e. they have formal training) climatologists that are waving that red flag

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Red flag for what? It will be uncomfortable for humans in certain areas? The whole world will cook all life off the planet?
We will die. Is that easier to understand? Humans have never been present on this planet when it had a temperature of over 1.5 - 2 degrees above pre-industrial levels. We are set to surpass that within 20-40 years, and because this is part of no natural cycle, there is no return trip planned. We will continue over that mark and keep going unless changes are made now.

1.5c increase is significant due to the rate at which it is occurring and the fact that it is artificial.

You know those mass-extinction events from the charts? The ones related to temperature increase? That was an increase of 8-10 c which took millions of years. We have reached an increase in 150 years that normally takes 100k years with the orbital cycle, only the orbital cycle had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Porky82

We will die. Is that easier to understand? Humans have never been present on this planet when it had a temperature of over 1.5 - 2 degrees above pre-industrial levels. We are set to surpass that within 20-40 years, and because this is part of no natural cycle, there is no return trip planned. We will continue over that mark and keep going unless changes are made now.

1.5c increase is significant due to the rate at which it is occurring and the fact that it is artificial.

You know those mass-extinction events from the charts? The ones related to temperature increase? That was an increase of 8-10 c which took millions of years. We have reached an increase in 150 years that normally takes 100k years with the orbital cycle, only the orbital cycle had nothing to do with it.
Yeah that sounds very irrational
No it doesn’t.

Latest posts

Latest posts