Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s Easy to be Tricked by a Climate Denier

I was compelled to write this article when my father sent me the book Inconvenient Facts — The Science that Al Gore Doesn’t Want You to Know by Gregory Wrightstone. He said it contained compelling arguments for why climate change is not really a problem and, in fact, demonstrates that we are being misled by a liberal agenda to scare the world into fighting a false threat. My father has an MBA from Harvard, an engineering degree from Cornell, and has been CEO of half a dozen companies. He’s smart, accomplished, and well-read. He’s also an open-minded man willing to adjust his own opinions in light of new information he encounters. Prior to reading this book, he believed that climate change was real, man-made, ...
    [more] - Here’s what to watch out for…
    ---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
    --Socrates

Comment

The earth is flat, duh!

Comment

As soon as civilization is eradicated all will be well. No worries folks, we are on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappi View Post
          The earth is flat, duh!

And getting warmer eh? Same folks believe in both.

Comment

wow at greenland

greenland ice sheet is really melting early this year
            quite impressive if i may use that term
            this is quite an anomaly, expect more dramatic mainstream news if this persists much longer
            Attached Files
            current grow: www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7872194

Comment

Originally posted by stewart169 View Post
              And getting warmer eh? Same folks believe in both.
              Flat & Warm - sounds like a great place for Skateboarding !?
              Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by igrowone View Post
                greenland ice sheet is really melting early this year
                quite impressive if i may use that term
                this is quite an anomaly, expect more dramatic mainstream news if this persists much longer

It's also exposing a shit ton of US nuclear waste from the cold war, from Project Iceworm. I'm pretty sure Denmark has been stuck with the bill on that one too.
                "No Nation has ever benefited
                From a protracted war"
                -Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Nature View Post
                  It's also exposing a shit ton of US nuclear waste from the cold war, from Project Iceworm. I'm pretty sure Denmark has been stuck with the bill on that one too.
                  all kinds of stuff is popping out
                  on everest they're finding old trash and dead bodies from the melting ice
                  also in europe finding ancient human bodies, animals being exposed from melting glaciers
                  archaeology wins from global warming, at least in some spots
                  current grow: www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7872194

Comment

All things are Yin & Yang.

Saw a bumper sticker in Cyrano's Book Store & Theatre in Anchorage about 24 years ago that read, "Alaskans for Global Warming." it was cute, and we chuckled, as it conveyed what many had come to believe about winter; too long and too cold. The owner of the shop was a visionary to some degree, & was disgusted with its presence in his glass case of display & for-sale items in the lobby, and I was told he eventually gave it away.

I don't miss the 3-6 weeks of steady -30 f. to -60 f. in the winter here. Really. My blood circulation in my hands and feet don't miss it, especially.

But if my energy guru acquaintance is right, I suspect I'll miss, as will others, the necessary levels of oxygen in the water that are needed to support fish and other aquatic life.

The occurrence of red tides in the North Pacific is already notably increased, and the old rule about safely eating shell fish in months with an 'R' in them is out the window altogether, it seems.

I'm in the rolling hills, about 100 to 150 ft. above the river's level a short distance from me. My neighbors to my south are maybe 60-70 ft. lower in elevation, and they received a notice from the Borough, advising them to buy flood insurance!!

I told my energy guru acquaintance, "It figures! I finally get a shot at 'stable' water front property, and by the time it gets here, there'll be no fish in the water to catch!!"

Murphy!!!

Comment

mowing here 4 weeks earlier than ever. flowers that normally bloom in june already are. in a normal April/early May we have a snow or two instead of multiple 80 degree plus days. turkey hens already sitting on clutches of eggs, gobbling is over. fucked up shit...
                      smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Bill Nye, the science guy. The planet is on fucking fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFgBFYkBZ6E

Comment

I live up in the mountains and I've noticed the last couple of warm seasons that the bugs are disappearing. Not long ago the windscreen of your car would be covered in dead ones, but no more. We are in the midst of the 6th Great Extinction and I think I finally get it. Nature, life, is adjusting to the changing circumstances on Earth and we won't be immune. Finally admitted to myself that humanity probably won't make it out of this century and this knowledge was kind of liberating. No more hoping for a miracle, just enjoying it while it's here, while I'm here. I'm thinking that Life doesn't have to be perfect to be a blast.

Comment

You should visit here Mick, we got endless bugs, then again we are just having normal weather, no extreme hot or cold,
                            just the normal hot in summer cold in winter shit.

I expect this thread to fire right up soon, its almost summer in the northern hemisphere,
                            i'm sure we will get the usual uneducated scare mongering from ya's, "we are all gonna fry"

hopefully you blokes can put up some real science from real scientists, and not the usual IPCC dribble, some real facts wouldn't go astray either

Last edited by kickarse; 05-15-2019, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by kickarse View Post
                              You should visit here Mick, we got endless bugs, then again we are just having normal weather, no extreme hot or cold,
                              just the normal hot in summer cold in winter shit.

I expect this thread to fire right up soon, its almost summer in the northern hemisphere,
                              i'm sure we will get the usual uneducated scare mongering from ya's, "we are all gonna fry"

hopefully you blokes can put up some real science from real scientists, and not the usual IPCC dribble, some real facts wouldn't go astray either

Hey, it's not just me who's notices the declining insect populations. Google it. There lots of science showing insect populations to be in serious decline world wide and once they go the whole shebang collapses. Main causes seem to be poisons, climate change, urbanisation, etc, which aren't separate issues but part of one overriding one.

Show you some real science you say. If you're not going to listen to what just about all climate scientists say, then nothing I can say will change your mind. Do you ever wonder why you denier guys pick on the science of climate change to go all flat earther on? That's the interesting question imo.

Comment

Poison Oak plants in Southern Oregon are setting their seeds in - May.

Last year I picked some Poison Oak seeds in - October/November.

At this rate I'll have Poison Oak seeds in June/July.

Something has those plants thinking it's summer.

Saw my first major Poison Oak pollen release recently. Kind of pretty.

Most of the areas where I've removed the sort-of mulch (like nature made a Slash pile, tree branches etc.), Poison Oak grows like crazy.
                                Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X