What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

St. Phatty

275 cubic kilometers a year average.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

area of sphere etc.

1.33 x 3.14 x R * R

4.1888 * 70% * RR

2.932 * 4000 * 4000

46.9 Million square miles

0.621371 - kilometer-mile conversion

==> .2399

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

275 km cubic = 65.976 cubic miles

so, 66 cubic miles of water, spread over 46.9 call it 47 million square miles.

= 1.404 x 10-6 miles (sea level rise)

63360 inches per mile

88957.44 x 10-6 inches sea level rise,

.089 inches.

Basically 3/32 of an inch.

That's the average annual sea level rise from melting 275 km cubic of glacier water.

White Beard

Not to forget that water expands when it warms, and the seas have been warming for a while: sea level rise is not as simple as melt rates.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Environment Canada – the federal environment agency in Canada – has erased a century’s worth of observed temperature data, claiming its modeled computer projections are more accurate.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/20/environment-canada-destroys-inconvenient-climate-data/

LIST OF DOOMSDAY PREDICTIONS THE CLIMATE ALARMIST GOT WRONG
Here is the source for numbers 1-27. As you will see, the individual sources are not crackpots, but scientific studies and media reports on “expert” predictions. The sources for numbers 28-41 are linked individually.

1. 1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
  2. 1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
  3. 1970: Ice Age By 2000
  4. 1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
  5. 1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
  6. 1972: New Ice Age By 2070
  7. 1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
  8. 1974: Another Ice Age?
  9. 1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life
  10. 1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
  11. 1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes
  12. 1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend
  13. 1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
  14. 1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
  15. 1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
  16. 1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
  17. 1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
  18. 2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
  19. 2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
  20. 2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
  21. 2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
  22. 2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
  23. 2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
  24. 2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
  25. 2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
  26. 2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015
  27. 2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
  28. 1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
  29. 1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
  30. 1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
  31. 1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
  32. 1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 90s
  33. 1980: Peak Oil In 2000
  34. 1996: Peak Oil in 2020
  35. 2002: Peak Oil in 2010
  36. 2006: Super Hurricanes!
  37. 2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
  38. 1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
  39. 1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
  40. 1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
  41. 1970s: Killer Bees
https://www.breitbart.com/environme...rts-are-0-41-with-their-doomsday-predictions/

Top 5 Worst Global Warming Propaganda Efforts on TV

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/c...s/2019/09/20/5-worst-global-warming-scenes-tv

Plausible modulation of solar wind energy flux input on global tropical cyclone activity

Author links open overlay panel
HuiLia ChiWangaf ShengpingHeb HuijunWangbce CuiTud JiyaoXua FeiLie XiaochengGuoa

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2018.01.018Get rights and content
Highlights

•Global tropical cyclone activity is modulated by solar wind energy flux.
•Tropical cyclones are more intense with higher geomagnetic activities.
•A possible mechanism is proposed and some evidences are also presented.

Abstract

Studies on Sun-climate connection have been carried out for several decades, and almost all of them focused on the effects of solar total irradiation energy. As the second major terrestrial energy source from outer space, the solar wind energy flux exhibits more significant long-term variations. However, its link to the global climate change is rarely concerned and remains a mystery. As a fundamental and important aspect of the Earth's weather and climate system, tropical cyclone activity has been causing more and more attentions. Here we investigate the possible modulation of the total energy flux input from the solar wind into the Earth's magnetosphere on the global tropical cyclone activity during 1963–2012. From a global perspective, the accumulated cyclone energy increases gradually since 1963 and starts to decrease after 1994. Compare to the previously frequently used parameters, e.g., the sunspot number, the total solar irradiation, the solar F10.7 irradiation, the tropical sea surface temperature, and the south oscillation index, the total solar wind energy flux input exhibits a better correlation with the global tropical cyclone activity. Furthermore, the tropical cyclones seem to be stronger with more intense geomagnetic activities. A plausible modulation mechanism is thus proposed to link the terrestrial weather phenomenon to the seemingly-unrelated solar wind energy input.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364682617306211

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Please show me the science that supports your argument and I'll look at it. And not from a shoe salesman and amateur or hobby scientist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=769&v=8455KEDitpU

[youtubeif]8455KEDitpU[/youtubeif]

why? you haven't examined any previous without an ad hominem argument.

Tony Heller provides scientific interpretation of the data misused by alarmists. the facts are there regardless of who is providing the interpretation, and these are inconvenient for your argument.

this video addresses many of the claims made in this thread...Warming, melting glaciers, arctic ice, sea level rise, fraud and malfeasance by the 'authorities', and more.

you won't like the content and will brush it off as "he's a shoe salesman"...

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
picture.php

M

moose eater

^^^ Same reason I've never been interested in buying river-front property when a former associate lived on the river, and I rented from him/them. Buying something that is prone to diminishing returns, but for which you pay a premium tax liability, such as river-front (or ocean front) property, where the erosion is often guaranteed, yet the taxes per acre continue rising.

I replied to him, "Why engage in such folly, when I can bring a boat to your house if I need to launch it into the river, and not watch my investment slowly (or more quickly) wash away?"

H

hard rain

Trichrider, you are referencing youtube and breitbart. :laughing:

No wonder no one reads your shit.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Trichrider, you are referencing youtube and breitbart. :laughing:

No wonder no one reads your shit.
another *yawn* ad hominem

don't understand why truth is not dependent on the presenter.
you're welcome to give us the facts then...
pretty sure you didn't actually read any of the scientific papers either.
but thanks for pointing out that it is 'my shit'.

St. Phatty

But what will the hand-puppets for the Oligarchy in D.C. do when they can no longer airlift glacial ice for their $200,000 martini parties?

Maybe you could sell the Clown Prince (of Saudi Arabia) some Alaskan ice.

They need fresh water - you have fresh water.

The Saudi royal family has Zero ethics. e.g. they're doing the IPO for Aramco after removing most of the oil. & claiming a value of $2 Trillion ?!

So if you convince them to give you $X Million for some Alaskan ice ... if they get angry ... well there's no shame in ripping them off but you might need somewhere to hide with the newfound riches.

igrowone

Veteran
record low

record low

we seem to have drifted back into record lows
so a 'snooze well' greeting to our resident land lobsters
the warming waters will be so relaxing

Attachments

• N_daily_extent.jpg
    N_daily_extent.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
  • N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
    N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 14
Who cares about climate change? Nonsense. We have aircons!

Qatar now so hot it has started air-conditioning the outdoors
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...mate-change-athletics-world-cup-a9160751.html

edit: When they cool Qatar, why don't cool India? Seems it was pretty warm this summer. No aircons?

India heatwave temperatures pass 50 Celsius
https://www.france24.com/en/20190601-india-heatwave-temperatures-pass-50-celsius

Sweltering cities - Halfway to boiling: the city at 50C
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/aug/13/halfway-boiling-city-50c

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Who cares about climate change? Nonsense. We have aircons!

Qatar now so hot it has started air-conditioning the outdoors
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...mate-change-athletics-world-cup-a9160751.html

edit: When they cool Qatar, why don't cool India? Seems it was pretty warm this summer. No aircons?

India heatwave temperatures pass 50 Celsius
https://www.france24.com/en/20190601-india-heatwave-temperatures-pass-50-celsius

Sweltering cities - Halfway to boiling: the city at 50C
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/aug/13/halfway-boiling-city-50c

You would need a pretty big heat exchanger.

The Earth could share its heat with the moon.

Is there an Obama-care Grant for that ?

St. Phatty

If the warming trends of this last summer hold up for 10 years, parts of Alaska will be like San Diego.

I would want to be above tidal wave level.

If the warming trends of this last summer hold up for 10 years, parts of Alaska will be like San Diego.

I would want to be above tidal wave level.

When the warming trend of the last summers will hold up just for three years, Germany will legalize weed, because the Green Party will be at power and they will legalize. So please keep on buying SUVs and heat your house with brown coal.

St. Phatty

When the warming trend of the last summers will hold up just for three years, Germany will legalize weed, because the Green Party will be at power and they will legalize. So please keep on buying SUVs and heat your house with brown coal.

Cannabis is very popular in Germany.

Sort of surprised they didn't legalize it yet.

I get the impression that they don't have a lot of Cannabis prisoners in their relatively small prison system.

Anybody know ?

Maybe they're better off with Cannabis officially illegal.

If the growers can get 200 Euro's an ounce, or maybe 10 Euro's a gram, on the inter-personal/ artisan market.

igrowone

Veteran
greenland melt end

greenland melt end

and a slow end it has been
matter of fact it's still not done
not large but very persistent
the disturbing part is location, way up on the northern edges
the official report will likely be interesting this year

Attachments

• greenland_daily_melt_tmb.png
    greenland_daily_melt_tmb.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 18
  • greenland_cumulative_melt_tmb.png
    greenland_cumulative_melt_tmb.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 16
M

moose eater

We were told via NWS/NOAA that we should expect warmer than average temps right through December in the Interior of Alaska.

Then we seemed to be getting fairly chilly, contradicting initial predictions, but it was apparently a bit of a false start. We got snow a couple weeks ago, and I was sure it was here to stay, but the ground is mostly frozen brown now, with lows in the mid-20s f. and highs in the mid-to-upper-30s f; the ice is giving me a reprieve to get some things completed for which I don't want hazardous driving conditions.

I'll take it!!!

Meanwhile, my friend in the mountains, a 25 minute plane ride to my south, has 18.5 inches on the ground. My younger son is irritated, wanting to ride his snowmobiles so bad he seems to be grinding his teeth over it. So my friend in the bush calls regularly to tell him about shoveling snow, traveling through snow, piling snow, watching it snow, etc., just to incite my son's already-existing irritation. What are friends for???

Meanwhile I still have time, provided by Mother Nature's warmer fall and early winter, to smoke sausages and brine, glaze, and smoke fish outdoors, once the other necessities are finished.

Latest posts

Latest posts