What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inspired by Julian's Threads?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Julian refrences an indoor thread a few times in his outdoor thread but I cant find it in his post history can anybody link me.

B

buddymate

:tiphat:Julians outdoor is inspirational,hope he is sitting high on the hog somewhere in the sun,his story deserves a happy ending:tiphat:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My most sincere thanks, again, for the oh so very kind words.....and thoughts. I'm honored and humbled to have been of assistance, to any, about anything, at anytime, and thankful able to be.

I do regret though, due to countless factors, often unable to fully address various matters in the detail they should be....

I've actually been drawn heavily into the consulting arena, and, once again, find that limits in many cases what can be shared. (For starters, I couldn't really address too much as it would be in poor taste, in this specific time, and place)

I find it quite fascinating, and think the industry as a whole has hit a miraculous point in time........Most focus on dispensary and cultivation, which I have been addressing, but, not in the same shape and form as it is commonly...

I can say the more I proceed, the more it becomes apparent that the industry, nationwide, where it is, and where it is headed is greatly misunderstood by the majority. (Again, most focusing on dispensary and cultivation). Then you have the secondary group(s), which are addressing the most obvious related opportunities, yet still leaving the absolute widest range of matters and the future directions and opportunities unaddressed...:smoke:

I can say, again, that I sincerely appreciate the thoughts and wishes....I value all, and everything shared, now and in the past, and in many ways hope all are aware of the true resource of where we currently sit (here), and what it all has done, and meant to all.....The knowledge, the relationships, the exchanges......what has been drawn, what has been established.....especially when addressing ones position, or future position in the industry, nationwide....

While cultivation does, and always will capture my attention, a passion which I am sure I will never lose :smoke:, the range of other projects which constantly arise...more and more day by day, week by week fascinate.....I far to often find myself addressing specific matters with groups possessing immeasurably far greater education than I (MBA's, PhD's, etc), yet find it of great interest to be the one presenting the opportunities and directions they seek, but cannot identify themselves....so would add that, so that some might not be discouraged about future roles in industry....A testament to ones involvement during the evolution of it...We have the benefit of both, in some cases over decades....which applies and is of more value in many areas than some realize, specifically psychology (of the market and industry, and members within), marketing (to the very same), and possible future of it as a whole....(which, Mark my words; The surface has not even been scratched yet). Many current proposed projects are the "first to" etc...I tend to enjoy most operations, new endeavors, creative solutions to existing, etc..

I'm still around, stop now and then.....and plan to continue, and, look forward to more such exchanges, and of the above.....I enjoy such...few aware how much I myself have always drawn from such exchanges....

I was in a discussion yesterday with several about "inspiration".......creativity...problem solving.......creative ability(ies)....(of any, all, in general)....

Most walk through life with their predefined set of assumptions and knowledge base, which automatically limit them in their exchanges with the world as they pass through it each day...

The exchange with someone in line at the store.....the few moments to research something out of a spur of the moment curiosity........a leaf falling to the ground :smoke:...

All nod their head and agree that "no one knows everything".......but few aware of their own limitations, and actively seek daily to overcome/eliminate the very same (so which is it? :smoke:)

The very same nod and display their wisdom while using the phrases "outside the box", when the reality is, now, and always has been; There is no box. It is an illusion, pushed upon us when young by those who did not know there wasn't :smoke:

My thank you, as always for the very kind words.....and thoughts.....and the ability to offer anything of assistance....

I do know, firsthand......there is never a shortage of answers to whatever is presented to us in life.....but then we enter an entirely different class of issues, which often are not as readily accessible...

My best wishes to all......

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
I find it quite fascinating, and think the industry as a whole has hit a miraculous point in time........Most focus on dispensary and cultivation, which I have been addressing, but, not in the same shape and form as it is commonly...

I can say the more I proceed, the more it becomes apparent that the industry, nationwide, where it is, and where it is headed is greatly misunderstood by the majority. (Again, most focusing on dispensary and cultivation). Then you have the secondary group(s), which are addressing the most obvious related opportunities, yet still leaving the absolute widest range of matters and the future directions and opportunities unaddressed...:smoke:

^^^^ this. I was one of the people focused on just the growing. I have a friend that showed me another way of looking at the show. While it was obscure to me the importance I found in his outlook allowed me to realize there was a much bigger picture that I had overlooked. We are not fighting the establishment to the degree we once were. Sometime new ideas come from outside our bubble of the grower mentality. Educating myself was key to gaining an understanding into that world. Everyday my eyes open wider, fascinated by what i see in this new landscape...so many opportunities...I no longer feel as if my trade has been stolen from me with legalization. Doing things i never thought to try before...how I still fit in, carving me a nitch that works for me...and all still having to do with the same nurturing of the plant that has bless us all. All of us have a chance to embrace and be a part of it....we have a choice...room enough for everyone.

Thanks for the ride Julian

EDIT I will always grow, just that it won't be my sole focus

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
growsjoe1 said:
^^^^ this. I was one of the people focused on just the growing. I have a friend that showed me another way of looking at the show. While it was obscure to me the importance I found in his outlook allowed me to realize there was a much bigger picture that I had overlooked.
And, most likely, you continue to (overlook)... :smoke:. (Addressing that since such has been awakened, an alternate view developed. Such will most likely continue to, ideally, wider and wider as time proceeds...

There would be nothing wrong with a singular focus, of course. This is what most do in life. This is also one of the greatest problems in life :smoke:

Most, as lightly touched on farther above, focus on their interests, their goals, (all fine)...but, in the process, fail to realize or see that by absorbing all around us that is not, that in itself may be the very key to that which they seek......

I'm tempted to offer some mental "exercises" I us when training people in various things.....(can be used for any situation, any segment, even any industry.....)

The above (A broader view and different perspective) would also apply to time (the industry)...

Many have been in it, but have they actually been "in", and more importantly, paid attention....

(On that note......how many have noted it's been about 10 years now since another site disappeared and closed...(I believe I arrived here maybe.....05'?)

What has occurred in the last 10 years?.....in which states, affecting which segments? How have certain segments changed, what has grown, what has changed?.....

What about the last 5?.....How about the last 20?........30?

Now......how about the last 12 months?....

And then we move forwards....

I address all the time.....yes, cultivation, yes, dispensary. Okay, what else? (I''m speaking now of individuals, and specific opportunities, applicable actually across the board....

100 individuals.....100 similar skill sets...100 with similar knowledge......

How would that decision be made?...(Having just established all candidates basically equal skill set and knowledge...include experience also to make it even across the board......)

There are countless ways (this is not within that pesky little box btw) to determine such....most would probably choose the typical ways, which in themselves would most likely yield the wrong candidates.....

(We can leave that for one to ponder......)

We are not fighting the establishment to the degree we once were.
No......we're not....but we continue to fight ourselves/others just as much as we always did :smoke:...(correction...probably more than ever......)

(I had to throw that in.....)
Sometime new ideas come from outside our bubble of the grower mentality. Educating myself was key to gaining an understanding into that world. Everyday my eyes open wider, fascinated by what i see in this new landscape...so many opportunities...I no longer feel as if my trade has been stolen from me with legalization.
I was addressing legalization potential opportunities pre CA Prop 19(?).....none of the scenarios presented, and that which were not only obvious, but came to textbook execution were what most saw.....CA handed that shot right over to CO...(and WA)

Further interesting analysis: What would it look like now if CA had been first?...would the overview be different?...would the products and opportunities and following politics of such be different?...(Most likely.......quite the exercise to analyze that one....)

(God it's a PITA limiting my wink's.....insert another here....)

Your eyes open wider, and your fascinated because, also, your paying attention. Half the battle......everything else comes quite easily if one can get past that little hurdle....the rest falls into play and dependent upon countless variables of individual(s) skill sets, interests, characteristics, etc....
Doing things i never thought to try before...how I still fit in, carving me a niche that works for me...and all still having to do with the same nurturing of the plant that has bless us all. All of us have a chance to embrace and be a part of it....we have a choice...room enough for everyone.
There is, as all other industries, quite a bit of room, per se, but assuming all of the above.......the key being (quite insightful btw), "what works for you"...which is another aspect many overlook, and, depending upon ones psyche and spirituality, etc.....one of the most valuable positions there are...

I found myself walking on the beach one day.....(work).....walking the shoreline....waves over my feet.....looked up, and saw a rainbow....

At that moment I realized.....if I had 500 million...that would be what I would be wish(ing) for.....

What's right for one.......happiness.....doing what one loves?....that's the payoff....(insert like....3 more winks and smiley here)...

EDIT I will always grow, just that it won't be my sole focus
How could one not.........it's not an act.....it's an art.

An artist creates.....it's in their soul.....to deny one of such?....tortures the same.....and by extension, the mind and body as well....
Thanks for the ride Julian
Ehhhh, no problem....I was going that way anyway :smoke:...

Manstien

If you run outdoor....I kind of grew up with ICMAG. Julian is a Guerrilla idol among our troops...

The sheer amount of information he can type is crazy too, I remember years back reading his thread and some guys like "man wtf? how do you type so much?!" and he has a explanation for it all....LoL! Fuckin' guy!

Going to be another glorious season...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm part white collar (but not), so, my wpm tend to get up there sometimes...(Throw in time limitations, and it helps also).

To take this somewhere interesting/of use on the discussion(s) above;
I started there, my first....but I've also been on in's on and off same period (started doing larger in's mid 80's). But I'm more operations...I'm not an electrician...nor am I an HVAC guy...nor am I or do I hold a degree in plant sciences...There is no shortage of information (here or elsewhere) on set up wiring, ventilation, nor dietary info....(I do admire and respect all for their abilities and capabilities, and contributions to such topics, always.....)

When almost 30, found myself a grown man with no record I ever existed due to such, (including no formal education, resume, credit) and conceived, designed, and launched what became several business's doing a cumulative $100MM gross sales....and for 20 years, read approximately 100+ textbooks annually on virtually every topic (legal, marketing, branding, medical, etc)...while doing the above, started financial and trading, and then began revisiting the ops again :smoke:.....Every time I've been down, have cultivated myself back up again....hence my desiring to share and help those who might benefit from such....our duty, is it not?....Many have accused me of "bragging"...How can/does acknowledging ones mistakes...ones losses....one's "trip and falls" in life is certainly nothing worthy of such....but it is, indeed, of value if ones misfortune can in some way, shape or form benefit another...

And then we get to Guerrilla 101.....what is it?
What you can, where you can, when you can, how you can...

The above being said.....is it exclusive to Guerrilla?, or life? :smoke:...everything...all the time....

Is there any area which cannot be applied to another? (How many growers are aware of the humic and fulvic needs and benefit to/of the human body? :smoke:.....)

Now we're full circle to the above...how knowing and understanding and utilizing any and all information about every aspect of the world around us, at all times, further contributes to ones abilities, capabilities, and performance in our chosen endeavors....whatever those may be...and, in the process, who knows where all of the above combined may take one?...the direction(s)/destination one may find themselves in/on as a result?

One thing is certain;
It can't hurt...

Thanks for the kind words, again.......smh......you fuckin guys....I miss(ed) you...:biglaugh: :smoke:

Edit note: I haven't been around too much, and, posted the above (10 yrs.), and, just noticed IC on 10th birthday....how time flies....

Fully intend to contribute some things in future, including an MICG Part II...(I/My Firm might be undertaking a state/compliant 1000 lighter in near future)

Last edited:
I'm part white collar (but not), so, my wpm tend to get up there sometimes...(Throw in time limitations, and it helps also).

To take this somewhere interesting/of use on the discussion(s) above;
I started there, my first....but I've also been on in's on and off same period (started doing larger in's mid 80's). But I'm more operations...I'm not an electrician...nor am I an HVAC guy...nor am I or do I hold a degree in plant sciences...There is no shortage of information (here or elsewhere) on set up wiring, ventilation, nor dietary info....(I do admire and respect all for their abilities and capabilities, and contributions to such topics, always.....)

When almost 30, found myself a grown man with no record I ever existed due to such, (including no formal education, resume, credit) and conceived, designed, and launched what became several business's doing a cumulative $100MM gross sales....and for 20 years, read approximately 100+ textbooks annually on virtually every topic (legal, marketing, branding, medical, etc)...while doing the above, started financial and trading, and then began revisiting the ops again :smoke:.....Every time I've been down, have cultivated myself back up again....hence my desiring to share and help those who might benefit from such....our duty, is it not?....Many have accused me of "bragging"...How can/does acknowledging ones mistakes...ones losses....one's "trip and falls" in life is certainly nothing worthy of such....but it is, indeed, of value if ones misfortune can in some way, shape or form benefit another...

And then we get to Guerrilla 101.....what is it?
What you can, where you can, when you can, how you can...

The above being said.....is it exclusive to Guerrilla?, or life? :smoke:...everything...all the time....

Is there any area which cannot be applied to another? (How many growers are aware of the humic and fulvic needs and benefit to/of the human body? :smoke:.....)

Now we're full circle to the above...how knowing and understanding and utilizing any and all information about every aspect of the world around us, at all times, further contributes to ones abilities, capabilities, and performance in our chosen endeavors....whatever those may be...and, in the process, who knows where all of the above combined may take one?...the direction(s)/destination one may find themselves in/on as a result?

One thing is certain;
It can't hurt...

Thanks for the kind words, again.......smh......you fuckin guys....I miss(ed) you...:biglaugh: :smoke:

Edit note: I haven't been around too much, and, posted the above (10 yrs.), and, just noticed IC on 10th birthday....how time flies....

Fully intend to contribute some things in future, including an MICG Part II...(I/My Firm might be undertaking a state/compliant 1000 lighter in near future)
It has been almost 2 years since this post, but I still feel obligated to thank you for your contribution to guerilla growing, and urban growing knowledge. You've inspired many, including myself, and most likely saved many from prosecution. I hope all is well in your world, and that you continue to do what you do best. Whether or not you see this, thank you for all of the things you shared to inspire so many people. Also I hope to be walking through a book store one day, and look over to see a book on "$1MM in 60 days"

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very, very kind of you to say.......Truly. I've reflected a lot lately/the past year or two to the many paths life has presented...

What I can say is MCOG II has certainly been in the works (in life).. ....and if I look at the above (1,000 lighter)....I laugh at how far things have come :smoke:....(25k sq. ft......hmmmpff........fuckin closet.......:biglaugh:)

We've been working on some things, and hope to present something in the upcoming months that will truly amaze....a project truly unlike any other ever done...(seriously.....ever, anywhere, by anyone)

I have a phrase lately used more and more: "What do you think....We're not playing fucking Yatzee over here" :biglaugh:....

Book above will be in the next thread....:smoke:

Seriously....all I ever wanted to do was offer what I could to help another...."been there, done that".....sometimes just knowing others have been in similar position, their opinions and views and how they overcame situations can be of help......

Just another guy with an interesting set of experiences and a little creativity to problem solving......sometimes that one single idea can change your entire life...so, hey......if I can help another with maybe coming across the above in life?

Fuckin A...ya know?....:smoke:

Definitely MCOG II on the way within months......

Very, very kind of you to say.......Truly. I've reflected a lot lately/the past year or two to the many paths life has presented...

What I can say is MCOG II has certainly been in the works (in life).. ....and if I look at the above (1,000 lighter)....I laugh at how far things have come :smoke:....(25k sq. ft......hmmmpff........fuckin closet.......:biglaugh:)

We've been working on some things, and hope to present something in the upcoming months that will truly amaze....a project truly unlike any other ever done...(seriously.....ever, anywhere, by anyone)

I have a phrase lately used more and more: "What do you think....We're not playing fucking Yatzee over here" :biglaugh:....

Book above will be in the next thread....:smoke:

Seriously....all I ever wanted to do was offer what I could to help another...."been there, done that".....sometimes just knowing others have been in similar position, their opinions and views and how they overcame situations can be of help......

Just another guy with an interesting set of experiences and a little creativity to problem solving......sometimes that one single idea can change your entire life...so, hey......if I can help another with maybe coming across the above in life?

Fuckin A...ya know?....:smoke:

I'm absolutely surprised to say the least, I never expected a reply. Thank you, your wisdom has helped me changed my life for the better, and it has impacted everything, and just overall improved my life. Im looking forward to the new thread, and definitely will be sharing and reading it as much as possible. I owe you so much, and you've truly helped me more than you could imagine. Don't be shy to start that thread any time soon

PHB

I look forward to it sir. The first thread was truly inspiring and I am certain I am not the only one who considers your words to be a foundational guide to follow.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very kind of you to say. Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. Humbled and honored to be of service to anyone really......

Have been a little busy......and really miss everyone here. I've always said what I drew from any/all exchanges was incalculable as well......

On the above notes....some good stuff possibly coming up, and sure to be some interesting stuff to be able to share in the near future :smoke:...(a 90,000+/- sq. ft. indoor, 200,000+/- sq. ft. greenhouse op, dispo's, brokerage (a 70,000 sq. ft. indoor), etc, etc....

We've been staying busy :smoke:

My best wishes to all.......and be back with some fun stuff soon :smoke:

Reibsi

It`s good to see you again and good luck in your up and coming adventure...take care n stay safe.

Very kind of you to say. Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. Humbled and honored to be of service to anyone really......

Have been a little busy......and really miss everyone here. I've always said what I drew from any/all exchanges was incalculable as well......

On the above notes....some good stuff possibly coming up, and sure to be some interesting stuff to be able to share in the near future :smoke:...(a 90,000+/- sq. ft. indoor, 200,000+/- sq. ft. greenhouse op, dispo's, brokerage (a 70,000 sq. ft. indoor), etc, etc....

We've been staying busy :smoke:

My best wishes to all.......and be back with some fun stuff soon :smoke:
Make sure to take lots of photos of everything so you can just do a big photo dump of how the season went :D

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So.......I'm stopping in with a few minutes........and reviewing, and reflecting....

Reflecting on what a place this was/and is.....and what it has offered and given so many of us over the years...(for me, 12 years ago came here first time)....

A place of sharing many things....which many draw different things from....

Thinking about contributing a thread to the community.....and the old adage "If it helps even one person, it was worth it"......

Cause let me tell you, do I got a story to tell :biglaugh:

:smoke:

My best wishes to all.....health, prosperity, happiness......(as well as sweat, mud and blood :smoke:).......and if one does not have such, the wishes and reassurances they will :smoke:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Popcorn at the ready..... 3D glasses on.... phone on silent.... ready for another epic thread here!

Julian you have been, and continue to be, an inspiration.
Can't wait to see more. :)

Hoypare.

Got several thousand plants out this year Julian,your thread lit the fuse,thank you :tiphat:
picture.php

View image in gallery

Appleweedjon

My first post is to thank you Julian! Im more of a listener/reader but you sir are a wealth of knowledge, and felt the need to give credit where credit is due! Thanks a ton man.