What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone remember overgrow

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I've been there recently as well. I liked it but they seem to attract a much younger crowd.
............. alla the older folks are here, which is nice!:biggrin:

From my perusing you are right. Younger – with lots of drama - run for profit by a guy in the Czech Republic. They have an elaborate trust system that rewards post whores, with members running near-continuous ‘server fund’ seed sales and pollen chucker seed giveaways to the worthy.

Cuddles

Do a search of richard hratch baghdadlian, there's a lot of interesting stuff on the history of OG and what happened.

As far as I know RC just 'disappeared', never made a statement or nuthin'.

I had a seed order in at the time but was too nervous to send payment and address details as you could just feel the bust about to happen, HS was a good company and I got a lot of seeds from them in the past, no regrets there!:biggrin:

thanks, one of the first google entries that showed up was wiki! :biglaugh:

Yes, I agree - HS was very reliable. I never had any issues. The only trouble was my impatience as it was always a pretty long wait ;)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loved Heavens Stairway & dealing with “poppy” remember her? I got the original C 99 and also super silver haze through them..I really do miss those days everything seemed so special at the time , it’s amazing how the scenes changed nobody really gives a fuck anymore

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Loved Heavens Stairway & dealing with “poppy” remember her? I got the original C 99 and also super silver haze through them..I really do miss those days everything seemed so special at the time , it’s amazing how the scenes changed nobody really gives a fuck anymore

So, just out of dumb blind curiosity, did the original C99 and super silver haze live up to the hype? :joint:

EV3R

I was amazed when I joined way back when. People were doing things with stealth cabinet grows I hadn't even considered. I was like a kid in a candy store with those threads. I drifted to IC after the shutdown like many others here.

Cuddles

Everybody seemed to be growing C99 back then, it was really popular. Can´t remember the breeder though ?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was original F1 C99 circa 1999
CB3358B8-3E2D-4354-9EB8-9727A2C9AF7B.jpeg
1E5F9C79-880A-4011-8D42-3BAA06FCAB19.jpeg

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Mr Nice SSH circa 2003 … I’ve lots of pics of several pheno expressions of the SSH
Click image for larger version  Name:	6ABC252C-DA90-4712-9CC4-063A3DEF2D54.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	207.6 KB ID:	17968072

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Everybody seemed to be growing C99 back then, it was really popular. Can´t remember the breeder though ?

Interestingly my first and only full grow diary on this web site back in 2006 was some C99 that Gypsy gave to me but it wasn't the original Bothers Grimm version it was the feminized version from FemaleSeeds.nl. Below is a picture of one of the nicer buds from that grow.
C-99-10-Harvest-Budshot3.jpg
It doesn't really show in this picture but the thing I liked most about this C99 was the copious amounts of resin one could get dry sifting the buds.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
OG yeah the old school and a good table to meet with the right ppl

Cuddles

Interestingly my first and only full grow diary on this web site back in 2006 was some C99 that Gypsy gave to me but it wasn't the original Bothers Grimm version it was the feminized version from FemaleSeeds.nl. Below is a picture of one of the nicer buds from that grow.

It doesn't really show in this picture but the thing I liked most about this C99 was the copious amounts of resin one could get dry sifting the buds.

Great pic! The jar looks a good size :)

BudToaster

Veteran
does "C99" refer to Cinderella 99? i found a seed in a dispensary 1/8 and it grew, up about 30" now, going into the flower cab in a couple of weeks. took some cuttings that haven't sprouted roots yet, but also not dead, my usual outcome for cuttings.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
does "C99" refer to Cinderella 99? i found a seed in a dispensary 1/8 and it grew, up about 30" now, going into the flower cab in a couple of weeks. took some cuttings that haven't sprouted roots yet, but also not dead, my usual outcome for cuttings.

Yes usually C99 means Cinderella 99 although it's always good to ask because you never know these days with so many abbreviations going around. Anyway when I say C99 I am indeed talking about Cinderella 99 which is a fairly decent hybrid that leans a bit more to the sativa side in terms of effect and it generally has decent yields for it's size. Now there is a pheno of C99 out there that has a pineapple scent/taste called the "pineapple pheno" and if you're luck enough to get that you can expect it to be even better then the regular c99 buds.