What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone here from Kentucky?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
just got back from far west KY, visiting relatives. drove all over LBL, saw the Elk & Bison there. fuckloads of deer too, wow. may be moving in next year or two. i would miss the mountains though. notice KY does not have a slot in the states on here, guess McTurtle is holding the state back in spite of the states history as an Eden of cannabis/hemp cultivation. oh Johnny Boone, we need you now more than ever...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Minds_eye is moving there in December but didn't say what part of Kentucky. Is you wife retiring now also aoh? :bigeye:

....... and what happened to moving to legal Virginia right over the state line? :tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Minds_eye is moving there in December but didn't say what part of Kentucky. Is you wife retiring now also aoh? :bigeye:

....... and what happened to moving to legal Virginia right over the state line? :tiphat:

she has her last surviving real kin out there, and she wants us to stay with her to avoid a nursing home...which i don't blame her for. to be honest, i think my wife will have no problem getting another teaching job there, since it is only a mile or two to TN line if she wants to keep her retirement there. therefore, it would be ME doing most of this care. she likes to talk, and i am damn near deaf, so it is a match made in heaven...sort of. Virginia....i wish...you never know what the future holds until it is the past, lol.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
........you never know what the future holds until it is the past, lol.

...... one thing you can count on is that the elderly live a lot longer if they are cared for at home by family. :biggrin: ;)

I did it for 13 yrs. and it woulda been a lot easier (in hindsight!) and less disruptive if Mom had moved into my house rather than me move into hers, just sayin. :whistling:

Sunshineinabag

just got back from far west KY, visiting relatives. drove all over LBL, saw the Elk & Bison there. fuckloads of deer too, wow. may be moving in next year or two. i would miss the mountains though. notice KY does not have a slot in the states on here, guess McTurtle is holding the state back in spite of the states history as an Eden of cannabis/hemp cultivation. oh Johnny Boone, we need you now more than ever...

Kenfolks got elk? Well goddamma

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hahaha, McTurtle, I've never heard that one before, that's some funny stuff right there and I'm being serious and so perfect when you look at the guy and say that name. Thanks for that.

Alas as long as he holds the reigns of power then yeah probably nothing will happen unless maybe he gets sick in a way that nothing else but marijuana can help. Even then though I imagine he would just quietly get it for his own use but keep it illegal for everyone else because that's just how McTurtle rolls. Hopefully he won't be re-elected again and then he passes on not long after, god willing.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Kenfolks got elk? Well goddamma

KY has elk, TN too. plus those in LBL that i referenced in their Elk & Bison Prairie. quite a few elk in eastern KY . drove through there on way home, and for nearly 25 miles we were in a posted "Elk Crossing" zone, lol.
RE McTurtle...i don't want him dead; it would be much more entertaining to watch him squirming while all of his pet projects died on the vine, along with Chumpism. but, stupidity always outlives the stupid...

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Hahaha, McTurtle, I've never heard that one before, that's some funny stuff right there and I'm being serious and so perfect when you look at the guy and say that name. Thanks for that.

Alas as long as he holds the reigns of power then yeah probably nothing will happen unless maybe he gets sick in a way that nothing else but marijuana can help. Even then though I imagine he would just quietly get it for his own use but keep it illegal for everyone else because that's just how McTurtle rolls. Hopefully he won't be re-elected again and then he passes on not long after, god willing.

I've been under his thumb since 1962. He was the county Judge. I was in the 8th grade. :moon: (he ruined a great county police force)

BobChronic6505

From my understanding, KY has HB136 for medical and another rec bill just sitting in limbo that has never even been heard by the state senate or whatever. I think both of these house Bill's have just been sitting for a cpl of years and somehow both Bill's get ignored every session.

The states and the counties are profiting too much from its illegality. You still get taken To jail for crumbs and roaches in this state. Not to mention all the money ksp wastes doing those helicopter flyovers. I heard somewhere its 10k just to start one of those helos.

And the goddamn bottle dope ppl are everywhere. Suboxone clinics everywhere. Ky is the perfect example of the fucked up system with weed

armedoldhippy

Veteran
...... one thing you can count on is that the elderly live a lot longer if they are cared for at home by family. :biggrin: ;)

I did it for 13 yrs. and it woulda been a lot easier (in hindsight!) and less disruptive if Mom had moved into my house rather than me move into hers, just sayin. :whistling:

she wants to stay there, and she wants to leave us the place anyway. live longer? did you try the old "pillow" trick? hurries things right along, i hear. lol....