What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dystopian future

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I think a better discussion would be about Cheetos. Normal original Cheetos, not your weird flavoured hard crap. Original. I have noticed something insidious lately. They have 2 manufacturing processes for Cheetos. The original - just the right hit of cheese & perfect texture. Now this new one - a new cheaper process perhaps? - is being introduced or a new facility is making them - I am not sure. But they are slightly less diameter and almost perfect half moon size. And they are slightly harder and there appears to be less cheese. I can clearly gauge it when my cat licks one every night. With me holding it of course. Anyways, this is the sure sign of the decline of the Western World.

St. Phatty

I like the scene in Breaking Bad when Jesse says, "Funyuns are Awesome".

I don't usually go for product placements, but I'm willing to try Funyuns.

Maybe they'll make Cannabis Funyuns.

St. Phatty

I feel like Geoff goldblumm in independence day

I think if he had shot the alien with just a 45 ACP, it would have just pissed it off.

How many people cheered when the White House blew up ?

adjective
  1. relating to or denoting an imagined state or society where there is great suffering or injustice.
    "the dystopian future of a society bereft of reason"
noun
  1. a person who imagines or foresees a state or society where there is great suffering or injustice.
    "a lot of things those dystopians feared did not come true"
So it's kind of the opposite of Eutopia.

buzzmobile

Veteran
etymology.jpg
Etymology rocks.

St. Phatty

Krogers has a "private reserve" spicy southern B-B-Cue that is excellent!

Getting your Barbecue Fix from a Potato Chip ... seems a little like getting romantic with a He-She. Just ain't the same !

Though what is Barbecue really ... liquid Smoke and some ketchup and some extra sugar.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Getting your Barbecue Fix from a Potato Chip ... seems a little like getting romantic with a He-She. Just ain't the same !

Though what is Barbecue really ... liquid Smoke and some ketchup and some extra sugar.

my fixes come in slabs of ribs. we were discussing potato chips. i don't know anything about being romantic with a he/she. i'll yield to your experience in the matter...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think a better discussion would be about Cheetos. Normal original Cheetos, not your weird flavoured hard crap. Original. I have noticed something insidious lately. They have 2 manufacturing processes for Cheetos. The original - just the right hit of cheese & perfect texture. Now this new one - a new cheaper process perhaps? - is being introduced or a new facility is making them - I am not sure. But they are slightly less diameter and almost perfect half moon size. And they are slightly harder and there appears to be less cheese. I can clearly gauge it when my cat licks one every night. With me holding it of course. Anyways, this is the sure sign of the decline of the Western World.

Northern Wheat is late to mature, so they spray it with Round-up (Glyphosate) si the plant will die and the grain cure. It goes straight to the mill, General Mill. Enjoy your woke cancer from eating them.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
At my age, with the amount of toxins that I have already consumed, I have little to worry about from a bag of Cheetos. And besides, most of Canada has banned a lot of the chemicals you guys can use in ag & for home use. For example: In Canada, the humble dandelion now appears to be a nationally protected plant, since there is nothing that I can buy that will kill it.

St. Phatty

my fixes come in slabs of ribs. we were discussing potato chips. i don't know anything about being romantic with a he/she. i'll yield to your experience in the matter...

One of the Medical Cannabis guys at the local coffee shop - a non user of Cannabis who tried to use Med Can to make some extra $$, had an interesting yearly schedule.

He would sit in the cafe and voice chat with his girlfriends in the Philippines. And THEN he would talk with people in the cafe.

Then he would go and vacation there for 6 weeks and hook up.

He was full of stories about He-She's (men who transitioned to look like women).

From his description ... it's hard to tell in some cases, so you have to do a Groin Exam (on a first date).

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
When the poor get desperate, the rich become more powerful. When the people are at each other's throats, the leaders suffer less opposition. When the aim is a unified global market place, it's easier to make wealthy countries poorer than to make poor countries richer.
The problem we face is that the human race covers a lot of ground. Not geographically, but intellectually. Not all men are created equally, some are superior and others inferior. If only that divide was observable by some physical trait.
Some claim it is, some claim colour, others claim sex can be used to determine capability or good/evil. The truth is behaviour is the observable divide. Levels of comprehension can only be observed by behaviour. Intention can only be observed by behaviour. The only ones with the ability to observe everyone, are the ones whose behaviour denotes selfish intent.
Now people are grouping into factions, some display their allegence by changing their hair colour, others use hate speach, like kill whitey, or patriarchal society, or identify only with others of narrow commonality.
Before we can create a decent world, we need to put more emphasis on reporting reality than view points and feelings. We need competence not only popularity. Stupidity seeks company in which they can hide their own ignorance, intelligence seeks a space in which it can be displayed.
Sadly when intelligence speaks out, the group's move in and scream " cancel him" . I understand why the authorities see the people as nothing more than cattle, they can only hear the group's gr voters, of potential customers, not the individuals. Why appease one man, when you can sell to 1000 pink haired loonies, why worry about the truth, even when 25% of witnesses know you're lying if you can get the vote of 70% of those who don't, or don't care.
I don't think there is a good solution. The trend we have followed, leads to disaster, economically, socially and personally. They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I realise there was some good will behind the concept of political correctness, but this is where it leads.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
......... The truth is behaviour is the observable divide. Levels of comprehension can only be observed by behaviour. Intention can only be observed by behaviour. The only ones with the ability to observe everyone, are the ones whose behaviour denotes selfish intent..................

I agree except for the "Intention can only be observed by behaviour" part.

I don't believe the true, ultimate, underlying intention can ever be known by anyone except for the person exhibiting the behavior or someone one who know them well over a long period of time.

Behavior can have many different causes. :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmmm, well there is of course the problem of mental illness. People can do all sorts of horrible things with the intention of improving the world, people who think God tells them to kill the immoral etc. but I wasn't talking about that. I was leaning more towards for example the cop who stops for a friendly chat and asks for name, where you're from etc, anyone can say anything, hence the saying words are cheap, but to put oneself in harm's way, to put yourself out for someone else, to go without so a loved one doesn't have to, these are the only way we get any insight into intent. But yes, some are playing the long game I suppose. But let me think there are still a few honourable, a few good people left around please. I normally prefer reality to illusions, but if that is also an illusion, it's one I need to keep lol.

ion

and what 'reality' is it that you seem to refer to? consensus reality. junk we all 'agree' upon but dont know anything about.....ya know like life, time, space.....consciousness. as for the premise of this thread, the pandemic covid thing is/was your intro into that very future. been coming for awhile, but they can get away with anything now, and will.

on the bright side, what a show it'll be!

EV3R

A big part of what's going on in society right now is explained very well in this video. I'm trying to live more in the real world these days. I get out. I get some sunshine. I want to spend time in real life with real people, but that's not always easy in your 40's when you and all your friends have families and careers and you have to schedule things a month in advance.

Latest posts

Latest posts