What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So your on a spaceship

shithawk420

Veteran
24 hours in a day and that's fixed. Otherwise how are you measuring 6 months? The unit of months being used determines you are still using earth time measurements, therefore the definition of an hour and a day will remain the same too. There is the problem of how fast are you going though. The distance between galaxies is such that to travel between them in 6 months, you must be travelling faster than light speed. Therefore while you have 24 hours in a day, and travel for 6 months, according to Einstein, you will travel backwards in time, arriving before you set off. Which I guess means you don't need to go after all, since you must already be there. Nice paradox you've set up.

This is the correct answer except Einstein was wrong about going backwards in time.time is a manmade measurement.it has nothing to do with quantum and astro physics contrary to what theoretical physicists will try to tell you.its they're job to come up with new and exciting theories cause they can't prove shit except with the Hedron collider and you will never really know what they are doing with those.i used to go by Fermilab everyday and you aren't getting anywhere close.i used to have this idea of trying to go to a coffee shop that the scientist go to but I realized how stupid that would be.just a stoner thought,but stupid

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
shithawk420 I agree that time travel is nonsense, but the faster you go through space, the slower time passes. They have to build adjustments into satellites for that very reason. But if you stand still, and swing your arm around very fast, even though time moves slower for your hand than your eyes, when you stop spinning your arm, your hand is still in the same time period as the rest of you, it hasn't disappeared a fraction of a second into your past, which is what should happen if only those things in the same time frame can interact.

shithawk420

Veteran
shithawk420 I agree that time travel is nonsense, but the faster you go through space, the slower time passes. They have to build adjustments into satellites for that very reason. But if you stand still, and swing your arm around very fast, even though time moves slower for your hand than your eyes, when you stop spinning your arm, your hand is still in the same time period as the rest of you, it hasn't disappeared a fraction of a second into your past, which is what should happen if only those things in the same time frame can interact.

I'm having a slow day.in the end it's all theoretical.and I agree with you.oh boy.now you got me thinking of light and all the tiny wormholes around us.the only people who have clue are the geniuses fucking around with Hedron colliders.i only live an hour and a half from fermilab.they are doing scary stuff there

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hmmm, I don't actually believe in wormholes. There again, no one believed in black holes until hawking told them how to find them. An hour and a half at what speed lol, you could be in New Zealand depending on the speed of travel. :)

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol I've studied enough quantum physics to have a good idea how it works.theoritcly of course.if people could go at the speed of light it would be like going far enough to go in the sea.the compression would crush them.

Oh and wormholes exist.thats what they are doing at Fermi lab with the Hedron colliders.i know secrets! Lol

St. Phatty

Lol I've studied enough quantum physics to have a good idea how it works.theoritcly of course.if people could go at the speed of light it would be like going far enough to go in the sea.the compression would crush them.

Oh and wormholes exist.thats what they are doing at Fermi lab with the Hedron colliders.i know secrets! Lol

You may have what it takes to get a degree in Physics.

It helps to not be intimidated when the formulas get LARGE, like an entire blackboard.

Then, a lot of problem solution is Accounting, and being super methodical.

Like if you had to sort 10,000 bags of Cannabis seeds.

The best engineer I worked with in Silicon Valley had a BS degree in Physics from University of Connecticut.

Mainly he was really good at making things. Better at machining than a lot of machinists.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thank you sir.alas I'm too old to go to college.i remember when my grandfather gave me "the book of physics" definitely something a little kid would not want.but basically the thing.and denensiins are made of shapes, sizes and colored.but for some reson dimensions er
​​​​e is no such thing as color.

Interesting enough before the tv as invented people did normally dream In color

my main down fall is I can't make equations in math.no matter how redundant it see?

Kinda screws this up not supposed physics is based on quintem planes and shapes and sizes of infinite possibly.i chose not be believe or I would literally go crazy.and I'm out that's the truth folks

​​​​​

St. Phatty

my main down fall is I can't make equations in math.no matter how redundant it see?

​​​​​

You just need a good instructor.

Maybe make it a drinking game, and do the classes 5 minutes at a time.

Or find a woman who will let you write the formulas on the inside of her thigh.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
An important distinction in physics, is what they receive the grant money to try and do, and what they can actually do. Fermilab may well be trying to create wormholes, at the moment they are still theoretical. As soon as they get it to work, there will be news announcements and Nobel prizes knee deep. At least that's as far as I know. If anyone out there wants to send me some evidence I'm out of date, it would be very gratefully received. I'll have to change my view of the multiverse once more. Right now, my belief is in the quantum multiverse block time theory. Every possibility in every point of time, in every time line, coexists eternally, and is unchanging.