This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an original IC member, but...

Last edited by clowntown; 09-12-2008, 19:20.

Yes.....having been a member of many forums before I innitiated ICMAG.COM.....Many times have I experienced the impetuousness of what could just be construed as youth....Seems like many people want to learn to grow but are not prepared to at least do some reading/research on the subject....(plenty here)....and just innundate the membership with questions that could easily be answered if they would just take the time to study a little and read some threads on the site......

After all growing weed ain't exactly rocket science......and I have seen both young and old......super educated and under-educated people succeed to grow some wonderfull plants....

...Anyone that posts a valid, educating and informative thread on the subject is helping those that might require the information needed to grow......Its all here for those that can find the patience to just look for it and read it.....
    'It can all start from a seed'

Comment

clowntown, I find that attitude mainly in the college age crowd. The early 20 something. I see it in real life. Hell, I got 1 of those creatures living under my roof. A friend and I were talking about just the other night. We think it's a combo of the internet and TV. We also think Elvis, Janis and Jimmy are going to be going on tour soon, too, so take it with a grain of salt.
      I keep telling my all knowing, my way or screw you attitude monster to think for themselves and to learn to read and think and to do for yourself. You know the response I got. My response to their response? Got her suitcase out of the attic and put it by the front door along with a bill for room and board. I sure taught her well, didn't I? I'll show her who's way is the way.

Comment

I agree that the college age crowd is probably the majority of these people but lets not blame this kids, young adults, or whatever. I say that we need to blame many of these kids parents, I believe its the older generations fault why the kids are so annoying and lazy. Example: how many times do you see a kid half your age driving a nicer car than you? or How many kids have you meet that didn't even have a job until they graduated college? I feel this is more common today, parents doing way too much for their kids, I understand you want to provide everything for them but certainly there has to be a limit. I feel that parents just give everything to their kids today and don't make them do anything for it, I mean hell i have friends whos parents still do their laundry for them, I think its pathetic. By parents handing their children everything they get use to people doing everything for them and learn no work ethic or values, hence it just carries over as they get older and older. So if we want less people like this flooding the internet then it needs to start with the parents.

Comment

It is Google and drive-thru driven. People are never taught to wait.
          "My kid has ADD."
          No, bitch you don't have what it takes to train the child to focus/wait.

On a larger scale, I believe that it is the RAMPANT consumerism that is penetrating EVERY aspect of day to day (I can only speak for American)life. As a salesman by trade, one of the strongest marketing mind-fuks there is is .. "YOU OWE IT TOO YOURSELF. YOU DESERVE IT.".. Tell people that enough times, and they loose value in ALL things, but especially the intangibles (search for knowledge, appreciation for other's work/help...THOUGHT...)

I had to stop drinking, and when I did, I realized that I had a "I fukkin earned it" attitude. Once I realized that I had it, it was easy to see it in other people.

Personal value of hard work...value of a dollar...value of knowledge...value of experience... These are the 'values' that hold a society together, not "because an old man w/ white beard in the sky says so..". Sadly, I have seen the steady erosion of these values over the last 15 yrs or so...

I am so old...er...wise...
          I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
          Oh, Lord.
          Please don't let me be misunderstood.

Comment

it has nothing to do with the worship of money over the worship of humanity (regardless of form) <--- this is sarcasm in case you missed it

that is to say when I was a kid your integrity, the type of human being you were seemed more important than what you owned

when you dont temper capatilism with democracy you get what you see

but really who am i to chime in i new member although i been lurking sites since 99

PLUS im a avid zappa fan so I must be a creatin
            Last edited by ureapwhatusow; 08-12-2008, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Gratephul4THC
              I say that we need to blame many of these kids parents
              A very interesting point. I don't blame it all on one group of parents though. Across all ages, it seems to me there's an unbelievable sense of entitlement as well as rage when they don't get what they "deserve."

FreezerBoy's Destroyer Diary-Completed...... FreezerBoy's Thunk Diary-Completed...... Beginners Links

Comment

I'm not seeing this pattern, what I do see is an interest in MJ use/cultivation more now than ever before, times are a changing and people want to grow.

We should set a good example for new growers and not let elitist attitudes divide us or make us prejudiced against new members like myself, I didn't become interested in smoking weed again from watching Weeds, I wanted to smoke weed again after watching Friday and a Katt Williams comedy standup. Just searching and following Grow Diary's can yield a ton of information and it doesn't take much to direct someone sincerely too computer illiterate to find it. If they are trolls then members can spot them and they will be ignored, it's that simple.
                never get raided

Comment

Do you feel this post applies to you? Do you feel guilty? Then why are you here posting and worrying about it? Did I say that every single new member is like this?

Comment

Just read my sig. I think that about says it all.
                    "You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire;
                    You build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse;
                    Grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God...
                    And where can you go from there?"

Comment

Yes, guilty? No.

You didn't say every single new member, you said extremely new members...
                      never get raided

Comment

Originally posted by clowntown
                        ...are the extremely new members who will fight to the death and refuse to do their homework & research, and pretty much expect you to do everything short of coming over and growing for them
                        Do you feel that applies to you? If so, please be offended if you want. If not, ...

Comment

Originally posted by clowntown
                          ...are the extremely new members who will fight to the death and refuse to do their homework & research, and pretty much expect you to do everything short of coming over and growing for them
                          http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

The best thing to do is just ignore them.

.. about the suspected new growers for distribution, what good is gossiping going to do about them? Do they pose that big of a problem?
                          never get raided

Comment

It's the difference between members who are here to learn, share, and contribute and members that are here to take. I'd prefer if there were none of the latter, yet their numbers seem to be rising, and because of that, the number of the former, valuable type of member is going down because it's getting out of hand.

I'm in the same boat as you clown, when I first started becoming interested I saw OG, but had no idea how huge it was and what a resource it could've been had I known to utilize it. After a few months of on and off reading a page or two of stuff and then getting distracted I got serious, and I missed the OG train, it was gone for good when I decided I was going to grow. I was at UK42O for a while and realized I was looking for more, and I found IC. I've been here ever since.
                            Last edited by bounty29; 08-13-2008, 07:19.

Comment

Both young (over 18) and old......80 ++ are welcome here.....so long as all realise that the site is here primarily as a resorce to learn how to grow well from those that are kind enough to post threads that we can all learn something from.....and ya'll use it for that purpose mainly..... and not as a vehicle to promote (or demote) your own ego's by constantly cyber-bashing other members who might voice a different point of view to your own........civily.......and sensibly......then of-course you are very welcome here......if not......then you are not.
                              'It can all start from a seed'

Comment

Working...
                              X