Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay w/light feeding throughout the entire grow. At 3-5
    weeks 12/12 you can feed them heavy and theyll
    take it fine. Stay away from feeding too much N and give them worm tea for veg.

Comment

Thank you, Zamalito. My seedbay order just got home, so it will soon be partytime for my Bubba ladies.

Comment

im a retard and they all germed 100%, but i put them in too compact of soil like an idiot, and only 2 came up.....We live and we learn....Looks like someone is going to be counting on clones

Comment

Ouch, 386! I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll have bett luck as things go on.

Comment

I havent been around lately, But to give you a update, the 2 bubbas are doing amazing, i gave them sum jamaican bat guana, sum really good stuff, they look so uniform,i bet the whole pack would look like that, But im smoking some orange crush right now and having some really good vibes, and wanted to say whats up to my friend Zamalito! How is everyone today?

PS.I will have picks up within 2 days, I PROMISE

Comment

Can't wait to see 'em 386. I'm sure they'll turn out fine. Since the seeds are so homogenous and all female you should be fine with just a few. Just don't forget to take cuts

Comment

Im sooo ready for the cuts its disgusting, its just that everyone on this one thread was bashing S1's so bad, because when you take a cut, it almost always never looks like its mom you took it from, sooo if you have herd people taking cuts from these s1's let me know, even just runnin these cuts one time, just so i can get like 10 or 15, clones to get more bud, just a thought

Comment

I hope you aren't saying I was 'bashing' S1s on the other thread...

The impetus of my point was that heterozygous plants (i.e. hybrids) don't produce uniform S1s, only homozygous plants (usually ibls or landraces)... I don't doubt that this plant is homozygous for the desired traits, and Don't think all S1s are a crap shoot. Sounds like these have been tested out and are pretty uniform, eh?
                  Plant Nutrition
                  Understanding Inorganic Salts

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by Grat3fulh3ad

The impetus of my point was that heterozygous plants (i.e. hybrids) don't produce uniform S1s, only homozygous plants (usually ibls or landraces)... I don't doubt that this plant is homozygous for the desired traits, and Don't think all S1s are a crap shoot. Sounds like these have been tested out and are pretty uniform, eh?
                    hey H3ad,

howzit bro, congrats on the bday!

usually? so something other than an ibl or landrace can be homozygous? elucidate please..

when you say 'homozygous for the desired traits', are you inferring there is a scale of homozygosity (homozygous for some traits but not all)?

how long do breeders generally test seeds for uniformity and how many seeds? is this the same for an ibl?

insights on herms in general?

hola zam

i can't wait to get my hands on some of your beans...much respect....would you care to offer any wisdom on the subject of s1's vs. f2's, regarding the probability of uniformity in the germ line?

also wondering your thoughts on herms in general, esp. herm. males....., taking into account the Skunkmans recent postings regarding them...

peace, love and prosperity

[img]
                    http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/18914images-thumb.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Grat3fulh3ad

Exactly they supposedly have all been tested and im not going get my hopes down, im still hoping for the best, and will probably see better then that, These seedbay cats never sease to amaze me, and no it wasnt you who was bashing them, a couple other people were on a old thread.

Comment

Hola Gh,

Yes these have been tested indoors, outdoors and in many gardens. All have sown stable phenotype close to the pre '98 Bubba cut. Which leads us to believe this may well be a IBL, as there is very little variation in the line.

Paz, hhf

Comment

Thanks very much for clearing that up for us HHF.....Always good to hear from the breeder

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution
                            hey H3ad,

howzit bro, congrats on the bday!

usually? so something other than an ibl or landrace can be homozygous? elucidate please...
                            a percentage of f2s, F3s, and so forth (but not F1s) will produce plants which are homozygous for some traits.

when you say 'homozygous for the desired traits', are you inferring there is a scale of homozygosity (homozygous for some traits but not all)?
                            Yes. IBLs/Landraces are generally homozygous for all the traits that make the line distinctive, but may not be homozygous across the board... for example the loci which regulate internode spacing, may have both long and short alleles present... Another Example: Within a 'manmade' line the only stable traits might be Aroma, density, and potency, while the height, flowering time, and color vary...
                            how long do breeders generally test seeds for uniformity and how many seeds? is this the same for an ibl?
                            If 60 or so ladies come out stable for desired trait, with little variation, I'd call it a line thet grows out to description....

insights on herms in general?
                            Cannabis is Either a subdioecious plant that man is trying to make dioecious, Or it is a dioecious plant thet man had bred into a subdioecious one...
                            Plant Nutrition
                            Understanding Inorganic Salts

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha

Comment

Don't feel too retarded bigsmoke....I killed all 5 of mine, along with 10 SD IBL's and 9 out of 10 Gonzo #1 (somehow 1 Gonzo made it and is looking solid). Seems my tap water, even filtered, is deadly to germination.

Sucks, as I was especially looking forward to the Bubba Kush. Getting in a fat order Rez Kush gear soothed my pain.

Dropped 5 Straw Kush, 5 Double Kush and 10 Blockhead freebies - looking at 19 of 20, one blockhead that was kinda the runt of the batch never made it.

Keeping my eyes on the Breeders Choice auctions - You guys are the best! I'll be picking up more Bubba Kush if they become available.

Good luck BigSmoke!!

Comment

H3ad is running helpdesk for our seeds, lol. Thanks brodah. I'm glad to see you over in this neck of the woods.

Chick, I'm really sorry to hear that your tap water cost you a small fortune. There's more bubba's coming down the piprline. I look forward to seeing you give it another shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X