Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
    That's why I always call ahead first.
    Pretty sure snakes are deaf but if you stamp around they can sense vibration.

Got plenty of venemous snakes here but they don't bother you unless you do something stupid like provoke them or stand on them.

Just look where you are walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chi13 View Post
      Pretty sure snakes are deaf but if you stamp around they can sense vibration.
      Snakes can hear you if you speak, "Tongue in Cheek".
      “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
      Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Chippewa snake boots, my friend. A wonderful investment. I wear them every day. They go all the way up to your knees.

I figure if a rattler wants to hurt me so bad that he aims for my junk, it was just my time to go.

Comment

Got bitten by a little snake a few years ago, no anti venom
          never went to to the quacks till 4 days after

Didn't know it was a snake bite till he found a couple of bit marks

Trust me you don't want to be bitten by one, took 3 years to recover fully?
          me leg still plays up occasionally in the cold weather

Was a Tiger snake, maybe 3 ft long, should of killed it when I first seen it, had been hanging around the water tanks for a while

Saved its life once, it got stuck in me water tank a few months before it got me

Last edited by kickarse; 07-06-2020, 06:00.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
            Snakes can hear you if you speak, "Tongue in Cheek".
            "You speak with forked tongue".

Comment

Originally posted by BOMBAYCAT View Post
              When I grew up in South Dakota I tried deep fat fried snake. It tasted just like chicken (kidding).
              the fried rattlesnake i ate tasted more like frogs legs. VERY good...
              smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Originally posted by Chi13 View Post
                "You speak with forked tongue".
                Yeth, thometimes I do.

It only hurts when I lie.
                Attached Files
                “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
                Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Turpentine on your pants cuffs. We used it as a child when picking black berries and gathering nuts in appalachian mts. The idea was that snakes taste and locate prey with their tongues and turpintine is not something they encounter so they avoid it. It worked. The areas we gathered in were infested with both copper heads and rattlers and none of were ever bitten. Also, if you ever smell a strong odor of cucumbers while in snake territory, STOP!, you are really close to a copperhead like near or in its strike range.( it is snake piss you smell).

Comment

Working...
                  X