• Show
Clear All

I love scifi books

Comment

The Banished Immortal

Interesting insight into life of Li Bai,

China's best loved poet,, of Tang dynasty times

Comment

I am newbie in cannabis research and will be glad to read this book. I am college student and study medicine so I need to know different information about cannabis. I will work on my argumentative essay now, tips of writing it i check on https://essaypro.com/blog/argumentative-essay/

Comment

Originally posted by Jahnice View Post
          we all do most of our reading online these days
          but some of us still love to relax with a good old-fashioned book.

do you have any books that you just loved and want to recommend?

did a book change the way you looked at life?

what is your favourite author?

Prob the old man and the sea. I'm mezmirized by Marlins .........I'm not enthused with the way they are being BRUTALLY taken from our oceans.
          I've had hundreds of metaphors in this book that came through my life!
          I eat legos

Comment

Stranger in a Strange Land.
            Robert Heinlen
            And remember kids, always use Grandma's Molasses at 1 teaspoon per gallon for your last few waterings, you'll be glad you did......check on ebay for Grandma's, I found a couple there.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=molasses

Home distilled water: Check on ebay for countertop distillers.

Insects got you down? Try HOTSHOT No Pest Strips (NPS). Say goodbye to spider mites, etc.

$20 Hash Press http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

How to transplant stress free: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...94#post1500194

Need durable Plant Markers? Cut an old venetian blind to your size and label with a Sharpie!

Overgrow the world

*****ANYBODY for President *****

The only WOODSTOCK I saw was the WOODSTOCK of my M-14 rifle.

Comment

La Pelle (The Skin) by Curzio Malaparte. It doesn't really answer to the thread title, no happiness here, but possibly one of the best I've ever... read? No, that wasn't just reading...

Comment

Easy summer read, Robin Cook's, Charlatans.
                ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                sigpic

Comment

April Morning by Howard Fast

About a boys coming of age at The Battle of Lexington (1775.)

I've kind of been on a Revolutionary War kick lately.

Comment

Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert A Heinlen
                    And remember kids, always use Grandma's Molasses at 1 teaspoon per gallon for your last few waterings, you'll be glad you did......check on ebay for Grandma's, I found a couple there.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=molasses

Home distilled water: Check on ebay for countertop distillers.

Insects got you down? Try HOTSHOT No Pest Strips (NPS). Say goodbye to spider mites, etc.

$20 Hash Press http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

How to transplant stress free: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...94#post1500194

Need durable Plant Markers? Cut an old venetian blind to your size and label with a Sharpie!

Overgrow the world

*****ANYBODY for President *****

The only WOODSTOCK I saw was the WOODSTOCK of my M-14 rifle.

Comment

I like Happiness Is an Inside Job - written by "Sylvia Boorstein". After reading the book I started my career in xxxxxxxxx and from now I'm going up on daily mean improvements.
                      Last edited by CosmicGiggle; 05-12-2021, 01:42. Reason: spam removed!

Comment

I have read Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert. The concept of this book is that how to get happiness even in tough situations. I remembered that my first job at: xxxxxxxxxxxx was disturbing me as I was inexperienced but after reading this book my whole life changed.
                        Last edited by CosmicGiggle; 05-12-2021, 01:32. Reason: spam removed!

Comment

I read a really good book recently, more intriguing and terrifying than any spy thriller because it was non-fiction/totally true and current. It's about an international cyber criminal enterprise and its creator:

The Mastermind: A True Story of Murder, Empire, and a New Kind of Crime Lord

by Evan Ratliff

Overview

The incredible true story of the decade-long quest to bring down Paul Le Roux—the creator of a frighteningly powerful Internet-enabled cartel who merged the ruthlessness of a drug lord with the technological savvy of a Silicon Valley entrepreneur.

“A tour de force of shoe-leather reporting—undertaken, amid threats and menacing, at considerable personal risk.”—Los Angeles Times

NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New York Times Book Review • NPR • Evening Standard Kirkus Reviews

It all started as an online prescription drug network, supplying hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of painkillers to American customers. It would not stop there. Before long, the business had turned into a sprawling multinational conglomerate engaged in almost every conceivable aspect of criminal mayhem. Yachts carrying $100 million in cocaine. Safe houses in Hong Kong filled with gold bars. Shipments of methamphetamine from North Korea. Weapons deals with Iran. Mercenary armies in Somalia. Teams of hit men in the Philippines. Encryption programs so advanced that the government could not break them.

The man behind it all, pulling the strings from a laptop in Manila, was Paul Calder Le Roux—a reclusive programmer turned criminal genius who could only exist in the networked world of the twenty-first century, and the kind of self-made crime boss that American law enforcement had never imagined.

For half a decade, DEA agents played a global game of cat-and-mouse with Le Roux as he left terror and chaos in his wake. Each time they came close, he would slip away. It would take relentless investigative work, and a shocking betrayal from within his organization, to catch him. And when he was finally caught, the story turned again, as Le Roux struck a deal to bring down his own organization and the people he had once employed.

Award-winning investigative journalist Evan Ratliff spent four years piecing together this intricate puzzle, chasing Le Roux’s empire and his shadowy henchmen around the world, conducting hundreds of interviews and uncovering thousands of documents. The result is a riveting, unprecedented account of a crime boss built by and for the digital age.

Comment

Just finished the "Journal of Nicholas Cresswell 1774 - 1777".

Nicholas Cresswell was twenty-four years old when he left his birthplace of Edale, England to sail for Virginia, believing that ""a person with a small fortune may live much better and make greater improvements in America than he can possibly do in England."" From the time he left, sailing from Liverpool in 1774, until the time he returned, he kept a diary detailing his experiences in pre-Revolutionary America. As a loyal subject to King George, Cresswell found himself often unhappy in America, detailing the turmoil and abuses often suffered by Loyalists in the colonies. Confining his travel mainly to the mid-Atlantic region, Cresswell not only had occasion to attend a slave gathering and observe what went on there, but also traded amongst many of the native tribes, including the Lenape, Tuscarora, Ottawa and Shawnee. Despite his ambivalence about returning to England, (toward the end of the book he moans, ""I wish to be at home and yet dread the thought of returning to my native Country a Beggar "" (P. 251)), life in the colonies becomes too much for this loyal subject and Cresswell's journal ends in 1777 with his return to England.
                            Interesting stuff for those interested in old timey stuff like this, especially from an outsiders view.
                            The only negative I have for the book is that I had to keep a glossary handy for some words I've never heard before, and some words which had a different meaning some 300 years ago compared to present time. And whoa boy, some stuff has really changed! Sometimes it makes for good comedy, sometimes it's really confusing. And yea, English is not my 1st language, but even if it was, I'd still go with the glossary.

For example: If you went looking for some wild ass with the boys some 300 years ago, you were talking about catching/taming/domesticating animals. Most likely at least.
                            If you and the boys go looking for some wild ass these days, I'd be surprised if you were talking about donkeys. Well, surprised, and shocked. 'Cause you know, most of my pals don't do stuff like that.
                            At least they don't talk about it openly..

Anyways, a good book!

Click image for larger version

Name:	43187087._SY475_.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	17864369
                            sigpic
                            Another Macho Man approved post. Oooh Yeaah!

Comment

I am a big fan of Stephen King , have read all his novels. Dreamcatcher, Bang of bones, The green mile, Under the dome...

Comment

Working...
                              X