What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recommendation for portable vape...

jwm

Veteran
I use the old school box vape. It’s cumbersome but works well.
Anyone seen this type of grinder?
Very cool. It actually fluffs the flower.
They’re designed and especially effective w/ sticky flower.

Cactus Squatter

I have both an Arizer Airmax and a Healthy Rips Rogue.
Both of them work well, but I prefer the hit off of the Healthy Rips. It’s easier to draw and seems to more evenly vape the bud.
It comes with a wide mouth plastic mouth piece as well as a glass tube mouth piece.

Corpselover Fat

I have both an Arizer Airmax and a Healthy Rips Rogue.
Both of them work well, but I prefer the hit off of the Healthy Rips. It’s easier to draw and seems to more evenly vape the bud.
It comes with a wide mouth plastic mouth piece as well as a glass tube mouth piece.

I had a solo2. It's never going to be a free draw, but grab a screen, dome it out and put that in the bowl. That way the holes will not be blocked and it stays cleaner. Another thing to try is to use small pieces of bud instead of grinding it.

I totally understand your quest for a quality portable vape that won't break the bank. I've been in your shoes, and that plastic taste can really ruin the experience. So, I'd recommend the Arizer Solo 2. It's Canadian-made, under $300 CAD, and has a glass stem that ensures pure flavor. I've been using it for a while, and the difference in taste compared to those plastic-y vapes is like night and day. Plus, it's super user-friendly, and the battery life is impressive. Also, if you ever find yourself with a disposable vape that's acting up or not working, I stumbled upon this handy blog post on how to revive it.

Last edited:

sajesak

utilian 710 is a nice unit heats up fast and convection vape so has nice flavor and has concentrate pod. plus under 200 bucks pretty sure. convection is less important for concentrates although offers some dialing in for the first extra terp hit. ie slow draw. but difference in vape quality from convection from utilian and those wood box ones with a battery that are conduction vapes (and same as most vapes conduction) is light years apart. little bigger but good battery life.

airizer if I remember right the canadian vape company is always highly rated offers all glass and portable models. they also offer ability to change 18650 batteries which if you are a heavy smoker or want for a group may be a good option to have an extra large capacity battery on hand ShelterLogic 62780 download instruction manual pdf. easily avaialble online or nic vape stores.
I'm looking at switching over from smoking (water pipe & Bowls) to vaping. I've narrowed my search down to 4 vapes that are in my price range and that I think would be good for keeping in my man cave for when I rip movies tv and video games. I don't want to attach this to any piece or have to fill up a bag. The 4 I've narrowed down to are the Enano, da buddha, the silver surfer, and the plenty. Out of these 4, what do you guys think would be best for the transition to vaping? Which one is the healthiest?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have had my E-Nano for years and I like it. I sold my Plenty. It worked OK but it was just too much of a PITA to load and clean and the size is too big. I like the E-Nano since the only thing you clean is the glass stem.

Most of my vapes are portables but of the plug-ins the E-nano was the best.
enano-1.jpg

right

I have had my E-Nano for years and I like it. I sold my Plenty. It worked OK but it was just too much of a PITA to load and clean and the size is too big. I like the E-Nano since the only thing you clean is the glass stem.

Most of my vapes are portables but of the plug-ins the E-nano was the best. View attachment 18904970
Neat that looks like something Dr.Seuss would smoke out of.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I know this thread is about cheaper portable vapes, but my experience with a few cheapies is that you are better off saving up for a better one. The two best portables I've tried are the Mighty and Tinymight. I now only have a tinymight operating as the Mighty died. The Tinymight hits hard, heats very quickly and has a 10 year warranty. A great vape.

Sweatloaf

I'm liking my Davinci IQ2. It works for concentrates but I've only used it for dry herb. Metal. Bowl is ceramic (lead and heavy metal free according to the company) and vapor path is glass. Zero plastic from bowl to inhale. I keep the temp at 394F and I'm happy with that.

imiubu

Have been seriously considering vaping rather than smoking pipes/ doobs.

Thanks for all the suggestions :)
Now... off to do my research.

kordo

I switched from smoking tobacco/weed to weed vaporization after a journey at hospital intensive cares.

I use a Mighty+ with capsules and dry weed most of the time but resin can be vaporized with specific capsules at 383°F (195°C).

PROS:
- lasts for 5-6 capsules
- can be fully USB-C charged in approximatly 1,5 hour
- produces enough vapor for not being frustrated of leaving combustion
- vape tastes reaaaaaaaally good. First time, I felt like as if I had never smoked ganja before
- it heats quickly and you can change capsule if one was too small (being careful as it is hot)
CONS:
- head of the device needs to be cleaned regularly. I vaporize 10 or 15 caps a day and I clean it each 5 or 7 days maximum otherwise vapor tastes less good and gets hard to inhale (I ask myself if its possible to get cramp of lungs in this case :LOL:)
- a big investment 😑
- a bit cumbersome 📦

I haven't smoke since almost two months without missing it.

pinkus

Veteran
I'm liking my Davinci IQ2. It works for concentrates but I've only used it for dry herb. Metal. Bowl is ceramic (lead and heavy metal free according to the company) and vapor path is glass. Zero plastic from bowl to inhale. I keep the temp at 394F and I'm happy with that.
I'm acquainted with most of the BHS, Sweatloaf. lol

Sweatloaf

I'm tempted to splurge and get the S&B Venty but I like to use dosing pods and from the looks of it the Venty only comes with aluminum dosing pods which I wouldn't want to use. The IQ2 comes with a single ceramic dosing pod that's useful but the company has been out of stock on them for at least 6 months unfortunately.

Latest posts

Latest posts