What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recommendation for portable vape...

superx

Veteran
I love my pax3

Me too, its probably my favourite from the collection..

I have been using the mighty most recently, i like to switch between vapes depending on the extract/flower.

The pax3 for flavour and taste is sublime. Its the vape I always go back to, its so discreet as well when out and about.

norcalKTM

Kandy Pens Crystal

Kandy Pens Crystal

Rating: A
Pros: What I like is it comes in 3 pieces, which makes it easier to clean. And if Your accident prone you hopefully only break one piece lol. Love that flavor when properly cleaned, and good concentrate. It has a ceramic chamber which makes it very tasty. Also a decent price. Perfect for being discreet at work, without paying the price of the carts!

Cons: it’s glass and ceramic and breaks to easy. They sell replacement parts but they’re a little pricy.

Attachments

• A9013F2E-0C8A-48C6-8E0E-3F2F72809F52.jpg
    A9013F2E-0C8A-48C6-8E0E-3F2F72809F52.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 104

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Puffitup has a sale going on for vapes.Not all models are available,but still a very good selection...(BTW,I'm not a paid endorser.) :)

I was going to order the Flowermate V5-OS,but saw the Pro was only +$23,so ordered that model instead.They shipped 2 day,and it arrived Saturday.I opened the package,and lo and behold,it was the V5-OS instead of the Pro.

Contacted Puffitup,and they immediately sent an RMA,but I just don't have the time to deal with it,so asked for a refund for the difference.

So.If anybody here recently ordered a Flowermate V5-OS and got a Pro instead,you can thank me for the free upgrade.

:)

achille

Veteran
I have the first version of the M Vapcap since 2017 and never felt the need for any other vaping device, so efficient and simple. I still can't believe how wasteful combustion is, it's crazy: what you put in one (pure weed) joint would take me minimum two weeks to consume :D

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the first version of the M Vapcap since 2017 and never felt the need for any other vaping device

Try using a 2019M Tip, or a Ti Tip, and you'll be impressed by the improvement in air circulation.

:tiphat:

B

achille

Veteran
Thank you for the suggestion, it's true that the first version of the M needed some improvement for the air intake on the tip. I was contemplating doing the modification myself but I just push the cap a mm or two forward and it's smooth sailing. Cheers !

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was contemplating doing the modification myself but I just push the cap a mm or two forward and it's smooth sailing. Cheers !

Yes, the first version of the Dynavap M model feels a bit like trying to pull a milkshake thru a normal sized straw... If you're a bit crafty, try "denting" the outside of the bowl for it to look more like the Ti tip (or the M2019 tip for that matter) and the difference will be significant. I have every M model since the 2017, and the 2019 is IMO the best upgrade they have produced. I'm still not fully sold on the 2020 M model and the new cap that they have produced.

:tiphat:

B

Last edited:

Amynamous

Arizer is having a 50% off sale throughout their store. Just thought I’d throw that out there in case anyone needs a replacement or a nice holiday gift. :D

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I bought an extreme-Q to use while my hybrid 'cano is getting the display finally repaired. Plan to use it just with the whip.

It shows up yesterday, direct from Arizer. What a disappointment, but you get what you pay for, and this was 135/540 of the cost of a good appliance. This is a toy compared to the hybrid.

Edit: I got the glass parts apart. I noticed that the whip I use, which I put an automotive fuel filter on to catch any particles, wasn't drawing. That filter is clogged from oil, even though the vapor is mostly terps and has almost 3' of hose to cool in, and no oil is visible. Filter is now gone, and I imagine the fan on the EQ will output more.

Last edited:

delerious

Arizer is having a 50% off sale throughout their store. Just thought I’d throw that out there in case anyone needs a replacement or a nice holiday gift. :D
Bought the Solo2 for $135 and added some accessories - still waiting for shipment. Been using Solo 2 , Fury Edge, and Dynavap for portables.

Koondense

Veteran
Any portable that beats or equals the Mighty?
I'm thinking of expanding my vape arsenal(still got 2 grasshoppers to return for repairs) with another portable or maybe just get an ExtremeQ for home use.
Any infos/thoughts are welcome.

Samuel Caldwell

420giveaway
Beats the Mighty how? It's slow but I love mine.
Tinymight seems to be the hot ticket right now. It doesn't really call to me but all the great reviews are hard to ignore.
Love my vapcaps, tons of options for customizing. IH and torch give a different experience, I like both.
I have no experience with desktops. I'd love to try one but portables fit my needs better, even at home.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, lots of noise about the Tinymight: form factor, swappable batteries... But I have no experience with it myself, yet!

For desktops, the Volcano hybrid has also made a lot of noise, not only coz of the price, but coz it is a fog machine.

Brick style butane vapes can deliver and hit hard, been also enjoying my Splinter v2 from RBT lately.

Mighty+ is the making, a lot of good noises about the terp-torch (desktop). The ExtremeQ is kind of outdated for today's standards, but that can be fixed by DDave's mod set.

It really depends on the kind of user you are, and what you're looking for.

B

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no experience with Pulsar vapos, some people like their Rok for concentrates. I'd recommended Boundless, same price category and excellent CS, both made in China.

B

grayeyes

Try Vivant VLeaf. $50, 5 temp settings, has a piece so you can use it in a bong. About 6 inches long and about an inch thick. Suits my purposes. And no more coughing.

HCMPA

Arizer Solo (among 4 or 5 more) are eating dust somewhere in my house since I discover "Dynavap Vapcap M" around 2 years ago, you can (and it works beautifull) buy a glass body for it, learning curve is long, but all my friends never looks back after one month of use, but to do a session nicely (without cough) in 2-3 puff, it would take several months, but IMO, there is nothing better, you are not gonna regret to learn.

If you buy a Dynavap vaporizer, buy the accesories pack, it comes with some nice spare parts that you are gonna want to have at hand in your first months of use. Don't let the lighter method scare you, is very convenient, durable (18650 batteries sucks), fast, and you will end geting high in very few seconds, not even minutes, personaly i like to have 2 kind of torch lighters, one and two flames, two flames for outdoor, one flame for all the times that wind is not a problem, I have still (almost new lol) the three flames torch lighter that comes for free in the dinavap pack, but I don't see it, so much gas consumption, unless big long sessions, where the Dynavap could get hot (three flames reach the right temp faster and the vaporizer's body get less hot), I choose one flame every day and works perfect.

peace

EDIT: Some tips (not only for Dynavap vaporizers):

1- Mandatory, In the first hit, there is hot vapor/steam in the body/tube of your vaporizer, so, to avoid the rough hit in your throat/lungs, first hit always do a little "mouth to lung hit" to clean/empty the hot vapor in there (no direct lung hit the first time in the session) you would like to keep it a few seconds in your mouth before aspire it, so it can go even more cold, then you can go direct lung hit.
2- First time in the session, you want to give it a bit more temp, since the vaporizer comes from a cold state.
3- Just for Dynavap, the faster you turns your dynavap, the better, it get hot faster, and it get hot more even, no hot spots that will ruin the flavor/vaping experience.

Last edited: