What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the SUBLIMATOR thread

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
anyone else have one of these babies?

i got mine a few days ago and it's pretty much running ever since, lol, at least when ever i am at my desk, lmao. i have a volcano and various pen vapes, but this sublimator is really awesome. never used my other vaporizer devices as much as this. the high is much better imo, you can smoke really economically too with this thing if you want, but the best part is how high it gets you, not like some vaporizers where you miss the combustion, this thing manages to give you a concentrated vapor. it's high quality and can be run hours on end without anything getting hot except the bowl and the heating unit. high quality and stoner proof controller. also the ideal temp is in the middle of the dial, not the max or 1 before max like with most vaporizers. so probably can do hash and oil in this thing too.

my mate trichomefarmer was visiting Vancouver where these guys who sell it, are located. anyway told him to bring me the unit, he was raving about it already last time he was over there. but yeah, i have to say, i'm totally chuffed that i took the chance and got him to bring one for me. not cheap, but worth it, its rare that a purchase ends up being better then expected. it even produces oil inside the glass part and at the bottom of the bowl part, lol. didnt smoke any yet but i see it there looking like classic bho.

so who else is a sublimator fan?

G

I'd take a bullet for my Sub. I've had it for about 3 years and its still my daily driver. If I had to do it over I'd get the basic kit and build around a tube like I have pictured below.
That EHLE tube is a 1L and I can get that thing as white as milk with vapor. In some of my higher % strains I can get 2 or 3 tubes worth.
A great all around vape for flowers, dabs, sift etc.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cool pics, i got the parts without the glass. it fits my roor which i was hardly using perfectly. also my handle on the heating element is all metal. only used it for flowers so far and am getting myself really high lol, soooo much flavor!

have you tried the oil that collects from the vapor? should be quite clean if i'm not mistaken.

we need a sublimator emogee lmao. time to sublimate some tasty super cheese into my brain hehe...

G

I have two of the atomizer set ups and soak the used on in 99%. I've been doing that for about a year before evaporating off the alcohol recently. Ridiculous taste and head. I purchased some metal bristle brushes off amazon to clean the grime that accumulates. Also the iolite screens fit perfectly in the atomizer. Keep an eye on them though as they tend to disappear.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I am pretty sure I tried one at Spannabis, it was noticeably smoother than anything else... does that sound right ? The rest sounds good, but having a quick blast, that was what stood out

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes it is smooth, and extremely tasty, i mean the inside of your mouth gets totally coated in the taste very intense and without the baccy in spliffs you just keep getting higher and higher, loving it.

the only thing is it takes a while to warm up initially. i leave it switched on most of the time so i can just get that hit on it when ever i want. but when it has been turned totally off over night it takes a good 10 to 15 mins to get ready to use. well worth the wait though, lol.

domacin

zerwas

sublimator
de verdamper
volcano

my internal ranking, volcano beeing the worst .. by this i wanna say that the sublimator is the first apparatus givin me a 1 : 1 bong expirience, meaning: 1 bowl = 1 draw = 1 lung = 1 hit, and you dont have to suck eternaly until you feel something, time is money, and its efficient, im getting higher from less than with the other 2 models

only downside and it really buggers me: that damned auto - off built in timer, its a pita pushing every hour or so that button

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the timer might well end up saving you from a fire.

to me it's worth it, just press 3 times and it will stay on for 3 hours, thats a nice long session and all it takes is another click or 3 and you get 3 hours more. better safe then sorry imo. even though it runs with low voltage, the heating unit still gets very hot.

C

CannaBuilding

anyone else have one of these babies?

i got mine a few days ago and it's pretty much running ever since, lol, at least when ever i am at my desk, lmao. i have a volcano and various pen vapes, but this sublimator is really awesome. never used my other vaporizer devices as much as this. the high is much better imo, you can smoke really economically too with this thing if you want, but the best part is how high it gets you, not like some vaporizers where you miss the combustion, this thing manages to give you a concentrated vapor. it's high quality and can be run hours on end without anything getting hot except the bowl and the heating unit. high quality and stoner proof controller. also the ideal temp is in the middle of the dial, not the max or 1 before max like with most vaporizers. so probably can do hash and oil in this thing too.

my mate trichomefarmer was visiting Vancouver where these guys who sell it, are located. anyway told him to bring me the unit, he was raving about it already last time he was over there. but yeah, i have to say, i'm totally chuffed that i took the chance and got him to bring one for me. not cheap, but worth it, its rare that a purchase ends up being better then expected. it even produces oil inside the glass part and at the bottom of the bowl part, lol. didnt smoke any yet but i see it there looking like classic bho.

so who else is a sublimator fan?

HAHAHA, about time you got one mate, you probably read my post about how i was bragging about how high you can get from one these.

Its amazing how much little bud can get you really fucked up, and not to mention the reclaim OMFG, say good bye for the night.

Had my unit for about 4 years now, they last really long (if look after it, but there is a mod to remove the stupid temp box and install you own, did this mod, as my temp box blew up about 2 years after use).

I dont use anything else, I might have a joint every now and again and eat edibles, but when it comes to vaping, sublimator all the way.

Lovely thing about it is, you can use it in a bong with no water or with water (and effects are different with or with out water, certain terpenes get filtered out when using water).

What can i say, the most ideal vaping tool ever invented. Use it to get really fucked up, or use it to vape sparingly through out the day.

Please ignore the troll trying to say its a peice of shit tool, he probably cant afford it and really wants one lol.

Peace and happy growing.

C

CannaBuilding

took out the trash, like a good janitor should.

Yeah that troll was really negative, really dont know what he had against such a great tool.

Will take some pics on the mod i've done just incase anyone really needs it. The variable dimming plugs cost about 5 - 10 dollars from amazonhttps://www.amazon.com/dimmer-plug/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adimmer%20plug, just cut the wand part from the temp box and solder a normal power plugs to it, plug it into the dimmer and voila you have a variable temp box, but be careful not to overload the element as it will shorten the life. Temps can be controlled by turning the nob from the lowest position to a higher position (depending on what wattage the dimmer is, you can either go all the way if its 120watts, anything higher try only 1/2 way , test the temps and then increase).

Great item, it is a must for every cannabis lover, as you can experience different high's by;

Exhaling all your air and sucking really hard, as opposed to not sucking as hard (will send you into a coughing fit, depends on your physiology, we all have different amounts of CBD receptors in our lung/diaphragm/digestive area).
Increasing the temps to get more of a couchlock effect.
Decreasing the temp for a more of a upgo effect (but will still produce alot of vapor), also strain dependant (but i still get a up and go effect with pure CBD indica strain known as Hash Bomb)
Combining herb with dabs at the same time.
Adding more herb then normal (0.2g instead of 0.05-0.1g) and then sucking really hard will deliver a very high amount of terpenes, might need to increase the temps due to increase air flow and larger amount of bud. Do this with out water and you'd probably cough a out a lung but would get extremely high and taste those terpenes, out of this world.

My 2 cents, but what can i say, its the only thing i use. Had a volcano, Da Buddha, Vapolution, magic box, but none compare to the flexibility the sublimator has.

I'd say on my list it would be
Sublimator
Volcano
Da Buddha, Vapolution (consider them to be on par)sd

Also if you want to speed up heat time, Put it on the highest settings, get a blow torch, heat up the bowl peice where the sublimator wand inserts into for about 3 mins or so, turn the heat down to your desired settings. Should be able to get a decent low temp vape. Try not to heat up the lower part of the bowl, just keep the torch near the lower wand tip area and upper bowl area.

Peace and happy growing.

Gry

The man had an interesting claim. I will grant you his interpersonal skills needed some work.
His claim was not that the product was no good, but rather that he had been shafted and the developer did not go as high quality as he might have wished for.
He also included a piece of interesting documentation.

Who decided his claim was less than honest and how did you know ?

I was left with the impression he was or had been close to the person who came up with the original concept.

I find the device appealing and wish I had one sitting here.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
like i said, i have no idea about the veracity of his claim. it has nothing to do with me.

but i won't be lied about, insulted and have shit insinuated that isn't true. he chose to involve me personally in an issue i have nothing to do with, instead of apologizing after i pointed it out to him he doubled down, so i binned all his posts.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
where to buy in Europe?

where to buy in Europe?

I've been trying to find a sublimator for ages,years even,since I first saw them online.I've never tried one but they certainly look like they deliver a good lungful and lots of folk say they get a really good hit from it,which I believe having seen some people on youtube go from being quite coherent to a gibbering wreck shortly after using it.

Does anyone know if these are being sold anywhere in Europe?I know a couple of UK sites have had stock at some point which either sells out immediately or has never been replenished.

Thanks for any leads

Gramse

I've been trying to find a sublimator for ages,years even,since I first saw them online.I've never tried one but they certainly look like they deliver a good lungful and lots of folk say they get a really good hit from it,which I believe having seen some people on youtube go from being quite coherent to a gibbering wreck shortly after using it.

Does anyone know if these are being sold anywhere in Europe?I know a couple of UK sites have had stock at some point which either sells out immediately or has never been replenished.

Thanks for any leads

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/sublimator-xlr-tube-kit.html

lazylathe

Thanks for any leads

Vapefiend in the U.K. sells them!

https://vapefiend.co.uk/sublimator-adapt-a-kit-1410

I have the original Sub with the timer box.
A great vape back then but th wheel adjuster was not acccurate or easily repeatable for me.

I contacted Auberins and bought one of their RDK-200 controllers and a thermocouple. Ditched the timer and wheel and now have a Digital Sub!!

I now have absolute control over temps and can very easily duplicate previous sessions!
From me this is where the Sub is lacking a bit as a lot of cheap vapes have digital temp control.

This is one vape that will blow away most casual users but as a medical patient, it really helps me out!

Will upload some pics and possibly video later!

Latest posts

Latest posts