What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Volcano, great value vape

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I just want to give it a plug. My Volcano classic is a few years over a decade old now. It has had mostly nightly use apart from a few short breaks and has not missed a beat. Great vape all round, and although expensive initially what fantastic value it has proved to be.

Also own a Mighty which I use for portable or when I feel lazy. Great vapes.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Go from bags to the whip (hybrid), and I bet you won't go back. I give the bag /valves away now, like did with the digit..

I like the controls and display on the digit much better than the hybrid. The bluetooth stuff is useless, as is the ap.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Go from bags to the whip (hybrid), and I bet you won't go back. I give the bag /valves away now, like did with the digit..

Thanks for that. If I was in the market for a new vape, I would consider it for sure. I'm one of those people who don't buy something new until the old one is broken. That's why I am so impressed with the old Volcano, and I am more than satisfied with the bags.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
i have same setup as you, volcano n mighty together, one indoor and other one outdoor <3

Max Headroom

Veteran
My Volcano classic is a few years over a decade old now. It has had mostly nightly use apart from a few short breaks and has not missed a beat.

same here. i think i bought mine in '08.
only thing that broke were the switches after about 10 yrs. replaced them with (non-lighted) ones from amazon for a couple of bucks.

otherwise i have probably used less than 10 replacement screens in all this time (the metal mesh in the chamber and the one pushing down on the weed).
amazing durability, one of my favorite things i've ever bought.

chusss

Mine, the classic volcano with bags is in the closet for the last year when i bought a 50€ portable vape, one of my best purchases, is much more faster, much more silent, easier to use, so far much better

hamstring

Veteran
I recently purchased a volcano. I bought the classic with the Black finish because it was on sale for $390.00 including tax and shipping. That is a large purchase for me and is why I never purchased one in the past.

I am 58 yrs old and have consumed cannabis via smoking joints, bongs, hash, tincture,and even a little of concentrates like ISOwash. I have never vaped dry herb before and I guess it was my age/health that lead me down this path. Vaping dry herb is way healthier than smoking and there are really no true debates on this that I could find.

To be honest my main concern was a drop in potency from smoking to vaping. I had read different things and wasn’t sure. It would suck to spend $400.00 and you don’t get as high with vaping as you do smoking.

I was very surprised, astonished actually by what I found out. Vaping , in my opinion, is like a 1.5 multiplier to smoking cannabis. Its freaking unbelievable how much higher you get. Your current strain/strains will now get you way more stoned than they used to. Not to mention the flavor enhancement you get from vaping, Fuck me its awesome!!

I could go on and on about vaping vs smoking. I use 1/3 the the amount of material to get high as I did when i rolled joints. I truly don’t understand , other than the cost, why every stoner who cares about potency and flavor doesn’t vape dry herb. I am here to tell anyone who will listen and ever considered getting a Volcano to do it now!! My recommendation has nothing to do with the health and everything to do with quality of high.
I am just getting started down the road with this and I am sure there are some trade offs but I haven’t run into them yet. Love to get other volcano users that switched from smoking opinions.

Thanks

Tincandtoke

My classic goes back to 2005 I think
It had 05 inside the housing
Have a hybrid but not a fan of the filling chamber
I use the whip with an adapter for my water pipe

IMG_20230330_002143.jpg

If I smoke a joint it tastes like an ash tray, regardless of the cultivar
Yeah, I lick ashtrays for fun

goingrey

My classic goes back to 2005 I think
It had 05 inside the housing
Have a hybrid but not a fan of the filling chamber
I use the whip with an adapter for my water pipe

View attachment 18933126

If I smoke a joint it tastes like an ash tray, regardless of the cultivar
Yeah, I lick ashtrays for fun
The flimsy plastic housing or what don't you like about it? I've "huffed" bags from the classic many a time but never done the preparation myself...

One thing I like about the Hybrid is the heatup time, basically the same as it takes to grind up your weed, no waiting around hehe.

Tincandtoke

The flimsy plastic housing or what don't you like about it? I've "huffed" bags from the classic many a time but never done the preparation myself...

One thing I like about the Hybrid is the heatup time, basically the same as it takes to grind up your weed, no waiting around hehe.

Despite the assurances I get a bit nervous around the thin plastic filling chamber
Use my old classic chamber for bags, hold it on till the bag fills up enough
Actually trying to find a Boro piece I can use as a coupling device for the old chamber and the hybrid
Would stabilize the chamber on all the units I think
I can rig the whip into the old connector that held the bag

Brother Nature

I purchased a Volcano Medic 2 a couple years back, same as the hybrid, but a bit cheaper as it doesn't have the bluetooth feature that I wouldn't have used anyways. It took me a while getting used to the routine of using it, was very fond of just loading a single snapper in the bong then getting on with it, but the more I use the Volcano the more I love it. Hated the bags at first, I tend to use them if I'm smoking with the misses, otherwise it's mostly the whip. I've found that aside from the improvement in taste my high lasts a lot longer using the vape, I don't get as much of that initial rush that I do when taking a large bong load, but the high definitely lasts longer. My lungs definitely appreciate it more too.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I am onto my second classic the black one. My first silver classic lasted 11 years with daily use and travel. I don't/can't get truly medicated without it. The downfall is the time it takes for a session but for me I have a lot of time on my hands 😉😁.

hamstring

Veteran
Great replies and sounds like wether you like the classic or hybrid we all agree on taste and high using it.

In my crowd at least the potency is what folks are after. Why is it not more well known about the strength of the high compared to smoking ?

Could be my old cheap ass just never payed attention. 🧓👩‍🦯

• Wow
Reactions: Gry

Tincandtoke

Great replies and sounds like wether you like the classic or hybrid we all agree on taste and high using it.

In my crowd at least the potency is what folks are after. Why is it not more well known about the strength of the high compared to smoking ?

Could be my old cheap ass just never payed attention. 🧓👩‍🦯

Never greened out smoking joints but I have after a 3 bag sesh

• Wow
Reactions: Gry

hamstring

Veteran
Never greened out smoking joints but I have after a 3 bag sesh
Dude, I just did last light.

I was going to ask if anyone leaves the filling chamber on the Volcano while its heating up vs putting it on the volcano after it heats up? I did that last night on my last bag and the vapor was thick and more powerful. Assuming preheating the filling chamber gives a bigger release of the volatiles .

I thought it would be my go to bed bag but I was flying high vs sleepy. I had to find some things to do in the grow room and around the house for 30 minutes before I could even sit down.

Latest posts

Latest posts