What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed co bust in spain anyone know which?

H G Griffin

It also shows how much change is being made on overpriced seeds these days..
People need to wake up and vote with their wallet.

You can get good quality smoke from seeds that cost very little...

So true. Almost all of my seeds come from a few small Canadian breeders who sell their own gear. I've harvested a lot of great flower and don't think I've ever paid more than $70/pack, with some being $30 or less.
I find the idea of paying more than that for each seed ludicrous.

(also, to my fellow Canucks, Happy 2nd Anniversary of legalization:biggrin:)

mack 10

Veteran
Honeypot? Could be..
I would not be ordering at the moment
As they will def try and get any customer lists, Addy's and any other intell they can get.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look at the message at the top of the page...
we are unable to process any order until further notice - more info
same as dinafem.

Both companies and mota and a few others are all owned by Pot Sistemak S.L.

But i suspect there are many more that get much of their their seed in bulk from Pot Sistemak

VG

bibi40

Look at the message at the top of the page...

same as dinafem.

Both companies and mota and a few others are all owned by Pot Sistemak S.L.

But i suspect there are many more that get much of their their seed in bulk from Pot Sistemak

VG

that's it ,
i heard ( but not sure about the source , so take it like that) , about sensi seeds too .

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will be interesting and scary to see how far the connections between these guys and other seedbanks go if investigated by law enforcement. There were probably more companies who outsourced their seedmaking to them than just LaMota, HSO and Dinafem...
Oh man all those mothers... then again, I'm sure they will have ways to regain their lost mothers through connections and fellow growers? Or are you that isolated when you get to that size?

Fingers crossed for all involved.

CC

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
It all started after one of their seed producers was busted years ago and snitched... then they started investigating them until they raided all their registered companies after years of investigation. La Mota was a grow gear distributor, Dinafem the main seed company and Humboldt the fake US company they also had in order to sell overpriced US strains, pretending they were actually in California. Something that snob growers from the club scene seem to love.

The tricky thing is that they weren't just repacking seeds they buy legally like all pretend, they are actually paying people to produce those seeds illegally for them and providing the clones often, some of the growers were even dumb enought to steal electricity for that purpose, which certainly doesn't help. But I understand why, as growers get paid cents per seed while Dinafem is inflating the price and selling those later for 6-7€ while others take the risks and they make millions.

I believe their main market and sales volume comes from bulk seeds though. They make crazy amounts of untaxed money by selling seeds to Moroccan big scale farmers (usually sold at 1€ per seed, so go figure how many thousands they sell per season), this became a quite profitable oportunity lately for many Spanish seed makers since the demand is so high. Some of them also pay thousands for clones, that's why there is a crazy underground market for them in the whole country. Dinafem got also involved in CBD industry recently, wich is getting tricky since they seem to want to regulate CBD and make it prescription only drug, so only authorized shops are able to sell it.

With all being said (no1 seed company in volume worldwide), they were drawing too much attention for sure. Unfortunately this may have consequences for the industry. But we will see how it goes.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear you, Musta...
Also running a big operation and then busted over stealing electricity (partially)
Oh man!

G

Oh man all those mothers... then again, I'm sure they will have ways to regain their lost mothers through connections and fellow growers? Or are you that isolated when you get to that size?
CC

I don't think they are worried at all about their mothers. If they are able to get back to business they will just make seeds with different parentals and pretend nothing happened. THey have done it before and they have proved they care very little about anything else than money.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
both seeds company will grounding after this situation and be crashed :smoker:

I don't think they are worried at all about their mothers. If they are able to get back to business they will just make seeds with different parentals and pretend nothing happened. THey have done it before and they have proved they care very little about anything else than money.

HalfArsedFarmer

So true. Almost all of my seeds come from a few small Canadian breeders who sell their own gear. I've harvested a lot of great flower and don't think I've ever paid more than $70/pack, with some being $30 or less.
I find the idea of paying more than that for each seed ludicrous.

(also, to my fellow Canucks, Happy 2nd Anniversary of legalization:biggrin:)

Ive gotten loads of top notch gear from banks in canada over the years.

I really like Beanhorders stuff, the guy does the pheno hunt then uses the them & tells you everything you need to know and charges a pittance.

you can also get some great stuff of the website I get them from too for a real price, proper gems like the Rev's Cambodian black that took me to the fetal position when I first used it..

CaptainDankness

Definitely nice buying cheap seeds, I've gotten loads of Mr Nice seeds cheap from the auction and they seem to keep up with the more expensive seeds. One breeder I've been meaning to try is KC Brains definitely heard good about him and I swear breeders have used his seeds just from some of the genetics he's had forever.

Kind of sucks about Dinafem/HSO/probably a few more fake companies, but for the amount of money those guys made you think they'd pay for electricity!! Then I'd also be paying taxes I don't care if I had to wash it. $10 per seed at least 2 companies selling the same shit under different names, you would think they'd be smarter. Meanwhile KC Brains is still in the game, I'd almost like to meet him, he's got to be cool. :smoker:

Hopefully Dinafem don't get in too much trouble though, but you never break a law while breaking the law.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I knew a guy who had money falling out of his ass. Like big money cigarette boat type money. Every grow he stole electricity. Can you imagine spending 11k on boat fuel in a weekend and worrying about a stupid electric bill?

He got busted, in NY no less ouch, electric company came looking for the draw.

Now that's true greed.

mexweed

Veteran
the only dinafem I ever actively sought out was the blueberry grapefruit, it was ok definitely performed better than the greenhouse super bud freebies that came with it, but it was a far cry from the LUI era breeder Steve stuff

HalfArsedFarmer

Definitely nice buying cheap seeds, I've gotten loads of Mr Nice seeds cheap from the auction and they seem to keep up with the more expensive seeds. One breeder I've been meaning to try is KC Brains definitely heard good about him and I swear breeders have used his seeds just from some of the genetics he's had forever.

Kind of sucks about Dinafem/HSO/probably a few more fake companies, but for the amount of money those guys made you think they'd pay for electricity!! Then I'd also be paying taxes I don't care if I had to wash it. $10 per seed at least 2 companies selling the same shit under different names, you would think they'd be smarter. Meanwhile KC Brains is still in the game, I'd almost like to meet him, he's got to be cool. :smoker:

Hopefully Dinafem don't get in too much trouble though, but you never break a law while breaking the law.

KC brains is still around in Holland, A Dutch biker who likes a beer...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still not processing orders ... if they have to wait for the wheels of Spanish bureaucracy to grind then it may be a while i guess...