What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smart Meters - a few common misconceptions cleared up here.

badmf

With this coming to a neighborhood near YOU, LEDs would be nice if they only produced a reasonable crop! AS said Control your smell!!!more grows are discovered that way, you can't smell when you're in there with em all the time, you need a fresh nose! Good thread btw!

TripleDraw27

Veteran
My heat press is 2800 watts,my garment printers need/prefer240. Just bought another heat press.My industrial sewing machine, 1900 watts... Running those as well as my " other goodies" for years. Guy across the street is a mechanic who works out of his home, lots of big machines. My other neighbor, machine shop in his garage.

In this day and age a lot of people moved businesses back home, which makes sense if you have the room. My old buddy across the street, told me he pays up to 900 dollars a month. He keeps his garage half way open with T5s bursting out onto his driveway all night while he is tinkering on engines. Oh my oh my!!! Put some shit into perspective people, theres more people out there using your precsious watts in high amounts as well. You feel like your under a magnifying glass cause of what we do. Try and step out from under that and just take a look around.

I say all this with positive vibes. Find a pair.

HUGE

Veteran
I have a smarteter. I can log on to my account and see a 15 min breakdown of every day. Anyone with half a brain could see exactly what I'm doing. I'll post a screenshot soon. A 12/12 cycle is blatant with a smart meter.

I have a smarteter. I can log on to my account and see a 15 min breakdown of every day. Anyone with half a brain could see exactly what I'm doing. I'll post a screenshot soon. A 12/12 cycle is blatant with a smart meter.
why don't you mix it up a bit...like 11/13, 10/14, 12/12, etc.?

supermanlives

Veteran
well it makes it easier for them to shut you off for non payment. as of this month it can be done remotely according to a letter in my bill.

G

Guest 18340

I have a smarteter. Anyone with half a brain could see exactly what I'm doing.
Yes, because everybody knows that a 12/12 pattern unequivocally means pot is being grown...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Plug in heaters that they sale at lowes or HomeDepot are over a 1000 watt too. Just an FYI. Also alot of Power Co.'s are allowing customers to opt out of the Smart Meter program. So if your concerned just opt out.

G

Guest 18340

bet yer ass the cops do!
Their are MANY reasons for a 12/12 pattern. So many, in fact, that a 12/12 pattern by itself IS NOT probable cause.
The way it works is either they get a tip from a neighbor saying they smelled pot, or someone rats you out, etc. THEN, as part of their investigation, they subpoena your electric bill. Not the other way around.
It matters not what pattern shows up on your bill, by itself it does not mean anything.
Something else is what gets you on their radar. Then they start snooping.

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Their are MANY reasons for a 12/12 pattern. So many, in fact, that a 12/12 pattern by itself IS NOT probable cause.
The way it works is either they get a tip from a neighbor saying they smelled pot, or someone rats you out, etc. THEN, as part of their investigation, they subpoena your electric bill. Not the other way around.
It matters not what pattern shows up on your bill, by itself it does not mean anything.

i'm not disagreeing with you, but what are the many other 12/12 patterns you speak of?

TripleDraw27

Veteran
My tvs for the most part, my computer, all 6. We did an experiment, with everyday devices. It averaged out to be roughly 12 hours, give or take an hour. I get on one comp, the rest are booted at same time.

Mechanic across the street works a good 12 each day on the money, the machinist/carpenter, same thing. Same neighbors for 14 years, you pick up patterns.

Once again, post grow shows, then come in here all panicked about smart meters is pretty funny. I know for a fact LEO has specific people for IPs and all that shit.

it is rarely the "one" thing that leo gets their search warrant with. the idea is to eliminate as many of those "one" things as possible. being able to "see" a 12/12 pattern is a recent development that will probably work its way through the courts. in the meantime, ways of camouflaging one's 12/12 pattern is welcome, i.e., i'm all ears!
here, i'll even start:
1) put yer electric dryer and electric water heater on a timer that starts at the same time as yer garden lights go off.
2) put several other household appliances on timers that turn on when yer garden lights go off.
3) make very slight changes to the 12/12 cycle. vary by a minute or two each day.
there's alot of creative folks on this board that i'd like to hear from.

G

Guest 18340

it is rarely the "one" thing that leo gets their search warrant with. the idea is to eliminate as many of those "one" things as possible. being able to "see" a 12/12 pattern is a recent development that will probably work its way through the courts. in the meantime, ways of camouflaging one's 12/12 pattern is welcome, i.e., i'm all ears!
here, i'll even start:
1) put yer electric dryer and electric water heater on a timer that starts at the same time as yer garden lights go off.
2) put several other household appliances on timers that turn on when yer garden lights go off.
3) make very slight changes to the 12/12 cycle. vary by a minute or two each day.
there's alot of creative folks on this board that i'd like to hear from.
On this I agree with you 100%!!!!:ying::ying::ying:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
think auto's might become more popular?

with smart meters becoming the norm and with good yielding, potent auto's being developed, i can see that market growing substantially... :2cents:

G

Guest 18340

think auto's might become more popular?

with smart meters becoming the norm and with good yielding, potent auto's being developed, i can see that market growing substantially... :2cents:
We must adapt somehow @ some point in time. If it's auto then so be it, I'm down:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts