What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chicago customs

cough-cough-err

I ordered seeds from a Canadian seed bank . I haven't received the seeds yet, but have tracked them from Canada to Chicago customs. Its been a month ,(May 2,) but the tracking says the package running late and in route to the next post office. I understand that when they( customs) take your seeds they send a letter, but I have not gotten a letter. I've never had this happen before, should I be concerned about not getting a letter? Could they just be holding them for some reason? I did contact the US post about tracing it, but have not heard anything yet.

Amynamous

I ordered seeds from a Canadian seed bank . I haven't received the seeds yet, but have tracked them from Canada to Chicago customs. Its been a month ,(May 2,) but the tracking says the package running late and in route to the next post office. I understand that when they( customs) take your seeds they send a letter, but I have not gotten a letter. I've never had this happen before, should I be concerned about not getting a letter? Could they just be holding them for some reason? I did contact the US post about tracing it, but have not heard anything yet.

Every time i have ordered from Canadian seed banks, its taken 3-4 weeks.
I wouldn’t worry too much until June.
Also, not to jinx my future orders or your current shipment, but i have never had seeds confiscated when ordering from Canadian banks.
My success with seeds coming from Europe has been very unlucky, losing half of my orders to customs.
Hope you get them soon.

Tynehead Tom

mail in eastern US and Canada is super back logged. I ordered some fishing tackle from a place in Ohio and it took exactly 1 month to the day to arrive here in western canada. For 3 weeks my item seemed stuck in the US.... enroute to next location. Then once it cleared customs it made it to me in 5 days.
My seedbank order from clio michigan only took 10 days though

cough-cough-err

thanks Tynehead and Amtnamous I feel better already, maybe I'll get them soon, Once they get out of customs, should come down the Mississippi river and be here in a day. I'll start worrying in June tho..

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Ever since Trump installed the new postmaster, the US mail has been more fucked up than ever, esp. packages.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Not "totally true, period! I have been receiving packages from the US within a week to 10 days (USPS)

So? I have several wonky deliveries through eBay. Let's ask our viewers- Anybody else noticed a change in the US mail service since Trump's guy took over in 2020?

Amynamous

So? I have several wonky deliveries through eBay. Let's ask our viewers- Anybody else noticed a change in the US mail service since Trump's guy took over in 2020?

I thought it got really bad around October through January but its a little better now.
Border changes everything though.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Do they always send a letter when they take your seeds?? I may be worrying about this to much. I always get anxious when ordering seeds, I know not to send them to the grow location, but didn't want to get anyone else involved. Thank you all for your replies.

JDubsocal

Yes. I have noticed the change. I usually order seeds from a place around Sacramento, CA and would get them within 7 days. My last 2 orders took over a month to arrive in Los Angeles. Nothing to do with the seed supplier, they had tracking numbers within 5 days and seemed stuck in transit. Its all with USPS. Last years Christmas cards didn't get to me until the 1st week of January, and some were mailed from less than 15 miles away. Great use of our tax dollars.

Your seeds should come. And when they do, have a great grow!

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I got an email from the usps today. said they were held up in customs. I also have noticed the mail is slower than before, but hat was orders from amazon, not my beans. I hope I get them sometime, but its not looking good.

iTarzan

I have 2 orders from 2 different places in the same customs ports at the same time right now. They were ordered weeks apart but one sent quick and the other slow and now they are both there at THE SAME TIME. Like checked in minutes apart. LOL!

Plookerkingjon

I had seeds stolen by US Customs yesterday.

Amazing that in the year 2022 they're still confiscating Cannabis seeds.
If you can avoid having to or trusting not only The Courier package delivery services that we've used in the past here in this country but also individuals in this hobby/industry of cannabis that for whatever reason are not trustworthy either better to find out from a caring individual that's empathetic and don't want others to go through the same nightmare they have then sit back and watch other people learn the hard way or the worst way possible. And I'd like to say this shame on any of you that think you're f****** crafty and sneaky and cute trying to get people hemmed up in the mail over your stupid b******* that Karma train come back bite you real hard boy

St. Phatty

I wonder what a Rectum or Vagina full of seed packages looks like on an X-Ray, compared to a human body that is not full of seed packages.

I also wonder what the radiation dose is in the full body X rays.

iTarzan

Hey @cough_cough_eer I see you're posting all the time. How about giving an update on the thread you started. Did you ever get the seeds?

Mine came the day before Christmas. It was cool how that happened. Mine came in through Miami customs. I have had stuff through Chicago.

Now Trump is being blamed for slow mail. LOL! Give it a break. Come on man.
It might be due to COVID, people quit and they don't have enough help because few people are looking to be postal workers. There is literally a help wanted sign in every post office I go in. Just like the restaurants, health care, supermarkets, etc.

In my area many including my carrier were 65-70 years old and retired. They were very good because they were there for decades. I bet this happened all over the USA postal offices. I have had 3 different carriers now in 2 years and they were not good at it and didn't stay long enough to get good at it. All the neighbors around here are always taking someone else's mail to them. Luckily I live in The Shire and people are honest and respectful and always willing to help.

Latest posts

Latest posts