ozone in an emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madalasatori View Post
    What exactly are the dangers of ozone? I used a portable one at home on occasion in an empty room
    It fucks up your lungs really bad. I used one when trimming one time and i could barely breathe for like a week. That was pretty dumb of me, but i was paranoid of the smell reaching unfriendly noses. Don't be like me.

Comment

Originally posted by madalasatori View Post
      What exactly are the dangers of ozone? I used a portable one at home on occasion in an empty room
      Wouldn't worry about it.

It's highly reactive - like an acid, or Lye.

And it smells good.

In 1990 I had a demonstration of an industrial ozone generator, sold by a grow supply store in Berkeley.

It smelled good, like after a rainstorm.

So the tendency is to sit there smelling it, but again, highly reactive.

Like flea bombing a room - you don't want to stay in the room.
      That might be obvious with something that fills the air with a powerful poison. Less obvious with something that smells good.
      Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Phatty View Post

Wouldn't worry about it.

It's highly reactive - like an acid, or Lye.

And it smells good.

In 1990 I had a demonstration of an industrial ozone generator, sold by a grow supply store in Berkeley.

It smelled good, like after a rainstorm.

So the tendency is to sit there smelling it, but again, highly reactive.

Like flea bombing a room - you don't want to stay in the room.
        That might be obvious with something that fills the air with a powerful poison. Less obvious with something that smells good.
        What smells good is subjective. Like those Wunderbaum shits people put in their cars if they want to get rid of cigarette smell or sumtin. Usually that crap just mixes the two together to create an even worse smell, but again, subjective. Because I haven't smelled a Wunderbaum that was actually pleasant. And them shits are full of chemicals, so I wouldn't smelly em up even if I found a good one.

But ozone, even low levels of it, is dangerous and can damage your lungs. If you have asthma, it might make it worse.
        It's like if you go to a mouldy house, some people will start sneezing and couching right after entering. Some people can live there for years and never notice a thing.
        That's 'cause not everyone reacts the same way to stuff. Like here we have a guy who likes the smell, and a guy who smelled it and got chest pains for a week..

Best to avoid if possible. But if you like the smell and you're willing to risk it, I ain't stopping ya!
        sigpic
        Another Macho Man approved post. Oooh Yeaah!

Comment

I secured the 1w device to my bathroom extractor. Failed. So I made a foot long duct to go over the top. Still failed. Lots better, but I could still smell it in adjacent rooms. It's like the ions flying off, were not very concerned with the airflow.
          Years ago a friend had a folded tube made for a large unit. This tube, was a wooden box as big as a nightclub scoop bin. Giving the process time to happen, while shading the guy from the light.

It's something I might run in the car for 5 minutes, before I sell the car. To reduce odour, knowing it's also ruining the car, a little at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X