What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

G

never Forget it.

never Forget it.

July 4th, 1974. Fireworks show with my 16 year old brother. Back then it was Hawian Gold Bus or Columbian Red. ahhhh, the old days of takin' acid, purple microw dots was my favorite. Another month and I'll be 43.

Now I'm too old to know better , but young enuff to do it anyway. :wave: :canabis: :joint: :kewlpics: :ying: :headbange :dance: :spank: :respect: :crazy: :jump: :2cents: :drum:

thefugitive

started back in 86 got a joint off a guy from work (wow) i was back the nexy day for a 8th and never looked back been 19 year now and still loving it but at the moment not been smoking for 2 month as my supply ran out (very sad) but should have a crop by january (WOW) cant wait only shit bar round my parts and i just wont smoke it

G

Around 27 years, somewhere around there. Loved every minute of it. To bad the old day herb is not around, 20 bucks for 7 grams of killer buds. Now it's Schwag from mexico and it sucks......hence I grow my Own. :bongsmi:

G

1987 was a very good year.. I think?? A guy from class came by with a joint and the rest is very hazy memories..

G

Whoa!! :yoinks:....Just got me 1/2 oz of some Super Skunk that is so damn potent, I just LOOK at the bag & I'm ripped :joint:...slight exaggeration, but nevertheless, 2 bong tokes & this senior citizen be blasted!!
Ya know, I've had a lot of newer tokers ask me about the weed 30-35 yrs ago & which is more powerful [started in 1969] & to be honest about it, we did get some excellent weed back then...Michoacan, Oaxacan, Acapulco Gold, Jamaican Ganja...then came the Colombian Era -- Gold Bud, Santa Marta Red Bud, etc....but I do think with all these new genetics & these growers experimenting with new strains, the weed is more potent nowadays, usually. :chin: :joint:

dociron

ahh hemm!!

ahh hemm!!

Big Buddy said:
I was at my 12 year birthday party. My "girlfriend" proceeded to dump me that very day. Fortunately, my brother and a few of his friends had the goods. My first gasping, hacking, nearly choking hit of bud was from a Wilson tennis ball can bong. Never forget it.

After spending most of my thirties as a non-smoker, I've started up again and plan on finishing my thirties and entering my forties with a good buzz.

Got to smoke a bit to escape from all the evil things :fsu: going on in this crazy world....

:joint:

btw- any of you older stoners ever smoke some bud called rooteralis(sp)? It was around mid eighties. Remember it as being quite nice but hadn't heard of it before or since... Damn good bud though.

LOL,, yeah,, there's alot of :fsu: ,
but hey!! There's some excellent stuff happenin too,, just depends on what we're lookin for. I got "downsized" last week, lol........ they'll get some younger, "cheaper" guy to take my place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they think!! :moon:
I'll do alright,, they may have some stuff to figure out , if they don't have to shut down that division,,:pointlaug
as for "rooteralis", actually it's "ruderalis" and it can be ok if you hit the right pheno. Super fast,, 60 days seedling to harvest, autoflower,,,,, neat stuff.
I want a lawn planted in the "micro-pheno"!! :bat:

And brother Zoltie? Stop that silly "OLD" shit. You my friend are one of the youngest folks I know.. and yer very much appreciated my brother,, a lil older perhaps,, "Senior Citizen"?..... stop that!! :friends:

G

dociron said:
And brother Zoltie? Stop that silly "OLD" shit. You my friend are one of the youngest folks I know.. and yer very much appreciated my brother,, a lil older perhaps,, "Senior Citizen"?..... stop that!! :friends:

LOL!! AHAHAHA... :wave: .....I'm just fuckin around, doc...my health is in rapid decline, with all these ailments like spinal stenosis, peroneal nerve disorder, stomach problems. etc.
I've been in better health, but what can ya do, right? At least I'm still waking up & that's the most important thing. I don't like to go into all my health problems, such as coronary artery disease, which is why I joke about my age all the time. I'm only 51 & some days feel like 21, other days like 81.
But my AARP considers us 'over 50' peeps as 'seniors', so I go with the flow. :joint:

G

zoltron said:
LOL!! AHAHAHA... :wave: .....I'm just fuckin around, doc...my health is in rapid decline, with all these ailments like spinal stenosis, peroneal nerve disorder, stomach problems. etc.
I've been in better health, but what can ya do, right? At least I'm still waking up & that's the most important thing. I don't like to go into all my health problems, such as coronary artery disease, which is why I joke about my age all the time. I'm only 51 & some days feel like 21, other days like 81.
But my AARP considers us 'over 50' peeps as 'seniors', so I go with the flow. :joint:

Sending a big, feel young and healthy hug to you my sweet.

G

pieceofmyheart said:
Sending a big, feel young and healthy hug to you my sweet.

Thanks darlin'...I'm feeling pretty good today. Just about to 'wake & bake', but I like to cruise along on the pain killers 1st. :yummy: :sasmokin:

Mojave Dave

Spankin' Elvis said:
Started at 13....been at it for 37 years. My late brother got me started when I began hanging around his garage band. Fond memories.

Ditto for me, mate...age 13, my late older brother and (still living) step-sister both had a hand in teaching "the little dude" how to smoke pot. I live in England now, but in those days...this would have been 1963...we lived in Santa Barbara, California. I am a native Califonian, by the way.

Teaching me how to roll a joint and get high was without a doubt the best thing either of them ever did for me. The family was in terrible upheaval because of divorces and remarriages and alcoholism and terribly abusive step-father-type-shit, and it was just a real nasty time for me to be a kid. So the pot smoking helped keep me sane though it all.

Now I smoke it for a very different reason (I am a medical user), but the side effects sure are nice!

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
I wanted to wait

I wanted to wait

In 1977 I was in High School and I knew a lot of kids who smoked, I was also a bit afraid as my younger brother was using things Other than Pot, and I didn't like the IDEA of a 9th grader dropping ACID. So I said i was going to wait untill the right Time, People and setting to try smoking pot. I was in 12th grade. I had many offers but always turned it down. I hadn't even gotten drunk up till then.

I was a Roadie for a Garage Band and the Drummer was cool and was selling pot and If I was going to get Stoned it was going to be with Rick, and the guys in the Band. People I could trust.

So one weekend the Parents where gone and we went over to this guys house and Rick rolled us all a Joint. It was some Mexi he called RAINBOW because it was a mix of shake from other bags. Rick said I wouldn't get high the 1st time... he was right I didn't. we went to sleep.

Woke up and Rick fills a Bong and I give it a good rip, I cough my lungs out and rick is laughing, " Now you will feel it!" " Guys he just took a rip that kill a normal human!"

As I lay there tryin to get my breath back, Rick starts telling me what I am about to experience. "Your going to feel a tingle in the soles of your feet and it will slowly move up your feet to your ankles up to your thighs ect..."
As he talked what I felt a tingle went from the bottoms of my feet to top of my Skull. When he said " Then your Head.... I was Off in some kind of Trance State was was gone.

As I started to come around again Rick was Pointing at a wall with a LARGE very Colorfull RAINBOW! he says " Guys! LOOK! A RAINBOW! GOD IS TELLING US SOMETHING!" I broke out in the longest hardest laugh i ever had, It was the funnest thing I hd ever heard. Because I felt it was true.

Sin
:joint: :sasmokin:

I Used To Grow

I'm barely 26 and I've only been smoking since I was just 19...so it's been 7 years for me.

The first time I smoked I was working at a pizza place and the manager brought up weed and I said I didn't smoke and he kept bugging me until we closed to smoke with him. So after we closed I told him I would smoke a bowl with him. After locking the door we stepped outside and he pulled out a metal pipe and packed a bowl of schwag for us. I took the first hit and it was kinda small but it burned my lungs. Took like 5 or 6 more hits out of the pipe and I got a mild buzz. When I got home I got the munchies like a mutha' and made myself a huge ham sandwich with like 4 slices of cheese and some honey dijon mustard. Mind you this was at like 11 pm and my parents were asleep. So I went into the computer room and got online and chatted with my Canadian friend..she was like "Are you high? Your typing sucks tonight..lol." I told her I smoked a bowl with my manager and she was like "Hah hah..right on man. How do you like it?" I told her I had the munchies and she just laughed at me. Good times.

I really started smoking a lot of bud when I moved into my own place when I was 22. The first day at my new apt. I smoked a few bowls when I woke up and started getting ready for the prom. After living in my new digs I started growing and started smoking up to a quarter a day. I remember one time I had a few friends over and we got this crazy idea to set up a tent in the extra bedroom and hotbox it. I remember we smoked like 5 blunts, a few joints and a ton of bowls out of my new bong. That was one crazy year in that apartment.

Last edited:

anonymouse

not an old stoner, but been in for a good seven years.

first hit was behind the dugout at the local park with a mild acquataince.. he got ripped as hell, and i didn't get anything. kept explaining what i should feel.. then i was forced to chill with the kid for a couple hours.

second hit was with same kid, walked around for hours finding a place to smoke.. didn't, ended up hittin 2 hits and bounced, nothing.

waited a couple months then got a 5 dollar blunt from another mild acquantnce. took two hits in the pipeline and got fucking ripped.

crazy as hell..

besides a year stint, i've been a constant smoker

G

I had to take care of myself from a very early age, was working to eat from about 9 year old, sweeping in grocery stores, making snoballs on a consession truck,raiding veg gardens in summer time, picking fruit. A couple of decent farmers would let me sleep in their barns or tool sheds. I would make due how ever. By the time I was 14 or so, I had a mean streak in me, and would fight at the drop of a hat. I hated the world back then, hated the sun, hated the moon. I found work on a guys farm, stacking hay in his barns. One day, I smell a strange smell and followed my nose, and out where the cows would be let out during the day, the farmer was smoking a corn cob pipe. When I rounded a chicken coop, he did the jerky motion thing trying to hide the pipe, but knew I saw him. He motioned me over, and said, ever smoke pot? I didnt have a clue what he was talking about, "ah, yeah sure I do", so he hands me the cob, I have a big pull, and coughed so hard I threw up! He kinda smiled, and said you may need a couple of times before it takes, and hands me the cob and his zippo. I pulled on it agin, but not so hard, and started to feel tingly and shit. Him and I started talking, about stuff, and I started to laugh at shit I didnt really know why. When I woke up the next day,I felt changed, different sort of, like I wasnt so full of hate, my anger was there...but in front, if that makes any sense. When I saw the farmer, I started to say something to him, and he shook his head no, and said, that stuff is for the end of the day kid, when your work is done, and your on your own time, have at it. Then showed me where he kept his cob and paper bag, help yourself, but tell no one...ever. In 1970 there were a lot of none smokers, and the mention of dope to some would get your ass kicked severly out in the sticks.Pot saved my life. I would have been on death row by my 16th birthday with out it.

G

/\/\/\/\/\ Very cool story....& a user name that really fits. Glad you discovered weed...or weed discovering YOU.

G

Beatpup - I'll second Zoltron... :yes: Great story!

Keeper' Green and Stay Safe! :wave:

G

I'm kinda in the same boat Motley - I try to vape more than smoke. I also make a lot of butter but I can only eat it in the evenings as it tends to put "my dick in da dirt." If I eat it during the day, I am utterly worthless.... :wink:

Aint nothing better than a good ol' doobie :D