What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Started smoking in 1979. My friend from church(yes church)was a stoner and I had no idea. We used to have this youth group that met once a week at night for whatever reason and one night we both got there early and he asked me if I got high. I told him I'd never tried it before so we went out to the large field behind the church and he produced a pipe and some of, what I found out later, was primo Columbian Gold buds. I took 4 tokes of the stuff and then tried to keep a strait face during the group meeting. It didn't work, they all knew I was loaded out of my skull...lol! That was 28 years ago, time flys when you're having fun.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

since september of '69 (40+ yrs) and it was
peer pressure that got me to try it. We met
up w/ Peter a senior who asked me Billy and
Jim if we wanted to try some pot. Billy took
off running but me & Jim were all for it.......

Hi, is this where us oldtimers come to hang out? 42 years here. I started smoking around 13 or 14. I bought my sack of grass from my uncle. My father was not happy about that. Nice to meet yall

dankydoodle

I'm so glad to see there are so many "old" stoners around. I started 37 years ago. I'm 51 now. Bought my first "lid" from a friends older brother. Smoked regs for many, many years. Never will forget when I smoked my first connoisseur quality bud...WOW! It is time to legalize it people! Across this great nation there are many, many folks like us who enjoy the herb, and have for a while now. Time to end the lies, and get everyone in this great USA on the same legal page. Peace!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
40 years now for me (52). started after i realized my older (by 7 years) brother was getting high. aint found a reason to (permanently) quit, PLENTY of reasons to be careful who knows. i live in an unfriendly state for "dope smokers". here, a friend was once standing next to his boss on job site, talking. idiot subcontractor was across room, trying to force a dull drill bit to cut a hole. bit broke, & a piece of it flew across the room & hit buddy in eye. boss/ass loaded him in cab, rode to hospital with him, & made him piss in cup before getting treatment. all in the name of "we don't want to pay for injuries caused by drug use". they never tested idiot subcontractor, however. HE wasn't hurt...:wallbash:

Justa6655321

Veteran
talk about coming back from the dead. this thread didnt have a post in it for almost 4 years until Icred brought it back...i'm glad because its excellent

Started smoking in the 70s - my best friend and still my best friend got a J from his older brother. We smoked it in the ally behind his house and really didnt get stoned but we acted like we were. About a week later we got our hands on some more and the rest is history. It's been 40 years of on and off smoking....i went 7 years with out it once...

chilum

I`m at 50. Smokin` since 80, that means 30 years . Been at 20 aged, long haired, guitar playin`, travellin all around....and no smokin`???

greetz

Chilum

old grunt

July 12 1968 was in viet. pulled guard duty with old timer while we were waiting for morning to catch a Huey out to the bush, he pulled out a corn cob pipe filled it said you smoke? and that was that. almost 42 years ago. I still remember his name

July 12 1968 was in viet. pulled guard duty with old timer while we were waiting for morning to catch a Huey out to the bush, he pulled out a corn cob pipe filled it said you smoke? and that was that. almost 42 years ago. I still remember his name
Wow, I am starting to get those aches and pains that are associated with older age and I was not even a half year old yet when you were waiting on that Huey. My father came back from NAM with all kinds of habbits he didnt have when he left. My mother told me he went over there a square and came back smoking grass and using other stuff as well.

superbolan

Smoking since 13, actually grew it before i smoked it. When i found out it was 20 bucks for an ounce i said screw being a paperboy. That was 34 years ago. Still smoking still growing

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
1969 I was stationed in Germany, Hash was the thing didn't smoke weed until I got home to Hawaii in 70.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
how old is an old smoker? just curious?, I almost 30, and been smoking for almost 17 years , wow that sounds like a long time! , haha do I qualify for this thread???

angel4us

ICMag Donor
12 years old ,1976, across street from public housing. was taking second drag when my dad drives by!!!!! didn't see me though!!!! started growing two years later in backyard as cover crop for moms flowers-dad told me to go get some wild illinois green out at the mining slag piles. of course i jumped on honda xl 125 and went to local swimming strip mine where i had columbian giold bagseed growing . over the summer they grew huge and were over a 8 foot fence . we used to put leaves in microwave dry em out and bake snakin cakes for school and would go to cemetary on way to theatre to get baked on green shake leaves and watch "grease".....

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
14 in 82 planted 12 plants in an unused garden bed on a hill above our house.
Unfortunaly the trail to the school bus went right through my little clandestine garden.
One night at dinner my 10 year old sister says "What are those plants your growing in the garden?" And that was all it took. The next time I got in trouble my dad freaked on the plants and ripped them out. He threw them into a swampy region at the bottom of our property and that was that. Well, they really loved living down there and became 7ft tall monsters. But I didn't understand photoperiod or anything and they were discovered once again. So I had to get rid of 6 huge plants with no buds, but I was hoping to do something with them. So when my parents went to a movie, I fired up the oven and dried about 200lbs of leaf from 6 huge plants. My house stunk so bad (Not a good smell) I had to tell my folks I burnt some brownies really bad.... But it was worse than that if you
can imagine. Ahh the Old Days...

supermanlives

Veteran
i was 14. i was at school and a guy i had known rushed up to me with a bandana in his hand. he told me to hide it in my locker. right before lunchtime i watched cops taking him away. at the end of the day i took the folded bandana home. i looked in it and it just looked like hand rolled ciggies. i toked one up as i already smoked ciggies. boy did i get stoned. my friend never returned to school and i been toking since