What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

G

I'm 38 and am in my 30th year of cannabis consuming. My cuz though it would be fun to get this 8 yr old stoned on the way to see some 70's era disaster movie. It was, but I can't for the life of me remember which movie it was. Posidon Adventure, Inferno, Earthquake, Airport, one of them. By the time I was 10 I was a daily user, sneaking off to the bushes to smoke joints my cousin rolled for me. Eventually he got me a pipe. This was the San Francisco bay area, so pretty much anything was cool at the time.

So what's your story?

G

Started at 13....been at it for 37 years. My late brother got me started when I began hanging around his garage band. Fond memories.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im 45 and have been smoking since the early 70's....dont see myself stopping any time soon :)...caprichoso. i grew up in Mill Valley, right across the bay from you, real close to the same time you were hiding in the bushes :) small world

G

aaahhh yes... I remember....
It was the beginin' 7th grade... behind the smoke tree.. that is when I smoked my first J... and well just let me say, class that day, and life was never the same... :biglaugh: ... That was 20 years ago... :canabis:

And I smoked happily ever after... :biglaugh:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran

I started smoking when I was 15. I got high after school then got on the bus to go home.I was so high I missed my stop and had to walk an extra mile or so. Which was a good idea , as I would have been busted for sure when I got home. :joint:

sttb

yes 1979 same year i started smokin weed and jammin out to. R.E.O. speed wagon,blue oyster cult, jethro tull, ac/dc,pink floyd,bob seger.judas priest, scorpions.iron maiden dam those where some good ole stoney days wouldn't have done it any other way

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
17 years smoking here. Started when I was 16 with my best friend from Ohio. I smoked a joint first and did not feel anything. After an hour or sio, they broke out the bong. I must say I felt them couple bong rips!! Been a bong man ever since! :joint: I wish I never started smoking cigs....but thats a different story.. :rolleyes:

Rellikbuzz

I'm 45 and I was the last of my group (back in 1975 or so) to start smoking with them. I used to sit in the "smoke circle", as it were, and they would pass the joint to me and I would just pass it on to the next person. I was still freaked out by those films they used to show us in school where people would take a couple of hits and start tripping big time! I remember that, when I finally did try it, it took me almost five or six times of actually smoking it before I felt high. When I finally did, I was sooo disappointed that I didn't see all those shapes and colors!! :biglaugh: But it wasn't long before I began to appreciate the affects of the herb. I smoked daily until I was 28 and, after having a rough acid trip, I quit everything to save my marriage. Didn't smoke again for several years until I started jamming in bands again when I was 35 or so. Been smoking at gigs ever since (and most practices too :smile:). Still don't smoke that much when not playing in the band but now that I've got my first grow in 25 years underway, I'm sure I'll be sampling my herb more regularly once the harvest rolls in!

halfbaked

I was 16 and one of my cousins and I had gotten a job in this factory. One day he brought a J to work and as we were working in the attic we smoked the sucker. Needless to say not much work got done that day. Been smokin ever since with a few breaks here and there.
Wow I just figured out it's been 28 years. I don't see myself quiting anytime soon.

Hi Hi High! uhhhh... forgot the question *smiles* Oh yeah... sorry, short term memory is shot. 10,073 days now, not certain just how many minutes that amounts to. 24/7 365.25 days a year for around 30 years. Adore sativas. *waves bye* Akiko

Bromd

First time, First High,

First time, First High,

Damn, I feel like such a later Bloomer.

I have two first times....

First time First time - Age 20 - I smoked out of a cheap hand carved wooden bowl and it was some really crappy dirt weed, I didn't get high and felt a little naseus. It was in the spare bedroom of a friend's parent's house and he happens to be the only Epeleptic I've ever met that is convinced that weed cuases seasures. I tried two other joints and didn't get high at all, ended up with a stoner roommate who couldn't get me high either for his few attempts with dirt brick.

First time I got High - Age 25 -Smoking Hash with my Ex-Fiance in her efficiency, it was amazing, all my back pain melted away. Things for me became a little sharper and calmed down. For the next 6 months the only thing I smoked was Rum Extract sticky-hash. I'll be 30 in Feb, almost 5 years.

G

28 years down this road and ain't NUTHIN' gonna stop me...:headbange

what got me started? myself! :wink: I've always been the daring one in the group....so at 13 I dared, and "corrupted" as many of my friends as humanly possible LOL :D

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im 53 been smoking since that day in the dug out at the local park when i was 12 .....Its always been a part of my life and i see no stopping now.... only time i ever stopped was when they locked me up ... but that too is another story :)

G

Mrs.Babba said:
im 45 and have been smoking since the early 70's....dont see myself stopping any time soon :)...caprichoso. i grew up in Mill Valley, right across the bay from you, real close to the same time you were hiding in the bushes :) small world

Hehe :D

I was in Daly City and Pacifica until adolescense. There was not a finer geographic area in the world to grow up in, in my unbiased opinion. Bluffs, mountains, ocean, caves, pot, I had it all as a kid, lol.

I was in the USMC, serving my first tour in SE Asia. After a few days in the grass, there wasn't nothing better than scoring a few "sticks".
Been smoking most of the last 35 years, no plans to quit.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i was at my older cuz's wedding and my youger cuz says hey cuz you smoke pot i said sure i do (NEVER EVEN SEEN POT) so we went out side he hannded me a j and he lit his own i just watched what he did and did the same nothing happend but back in 73-74 the homegrown was all leaf very few if any buds (indoor) and then at school my friend smoked some dust with me and the rest is history ( just wish i wrote it down so i could remeber) lol
peace chucky

Smokin da kind since 1981. hash since 1983. Although my folks deny ever smoking pot, my first joint came outta my mother's jewelry box. Joints #2-119 outta english muffin can in my dad's shop. Sorry mom & pop! Nosey little fucker was'nt I?????

first joint I tried to roll, I rolled with a cherry flavored paper (dad's also) and I rolled it with glue on one end reasoning that was to keep weed from either falling out or getting sucked down throat!
p.s. since I'm a year or so away from 40, can we change age to 50+?LOL