What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Retirees: How much money do you have in the bank?

St. Phatty

The other day I walked into the Dollar store and the checkout person said, "is there anything I can do to help you ?"

I said, "Sure, give me all the money in the cash register. That would help me".

Then I said, "sorry, that wasn't supposed to sound threatening. How about just $100 ? Would it sound less threatening if I say please ?"

Oh well, at least she didn't call the cops.

H G Griffin

Like others have said, it's what you spend that counts. When I started equating money spent with the amount of my life I had to exchange to earn that money(plus taxes), it made it much easier to curb foolish expenditures....and the older I get, the more I value every day I have left. This time is mine, not an employer's.

My investments aren't large, but they are growing, while I live a simple, happy life.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Flylowgethigh, got any real facts to back that claim up? Or just felt fun to BS?

You're kidding, right? Open your eyes. The debt is $28T and rising exponentially, and that is not counting entitlements like SS, medicare, and stimmy. Inflate or die.

Real facts? Look at how much gold a $100 will buy you these days compared to 100 years ago. The term "Good as a dollar" went out the gold window in 1971.

You better have a plan for when the money is no good, cause that is a very real possibility. How's that for fun?