What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stories from 60s and early 70s

Howdy

I have a feeling some of you are classical hippies, whom are some of my favorite peoples!
I would love to read some stories from those times. If you have any stories to tell, even if its unremarkable, share it if your inclined.

Peace

:xmastree:

St. Phatty

I watched something like a moon landing on TV

and then 30 years later heard people talking about its possible fake-ness.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howdy

I have a feeling some of you are classical hippies, whom are some of my favorite peoples!
I would love to read some stories from those times. If you have any stories to tell, even if its unremarkable, share it if your inclined.

Peace

:xmastree:
I still am and I feel like a dinosaur but I will wear tie-dyes because they make me feel good...It’s all a state of mind

Red October

Did 3 at the same time once....
I escaped the matrix then.
LOL did you also see the matrix? The green scrolling shit before your very eyes and waves of purple and green over the crowds of people. They were good times.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
you all just reminded me of the very last time I did Acid in '72, it was a great trip, everything you always wanted it to be, but a couple of days later I opened the door just in time to see my friends hauling a young woman's body down the stairs, moaning horribly and thrashing all the way.

I asked what happened and found out she was in the middle of a bad trip (same acid) and stuck on a Himalayan mountain peak when she had a bad fear of heights phobia.

Well I have a bad fear of heights also and knew instantly that if I ever did acid again that I'd be stuck on that mountain too.

I got scared straight.:good:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Viet Nam, Woodstock, Marriage> divorce.....Speed & LSD! Glad I'm still here...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
you all just reminded me of the very last time I did Acid in '72, it was a great trip, everything you always wanted it to be, but a couple of days later I opened the door just in time to see my friends hauling a young woman's body down the stairs, moaning horribly and thrashing all the way.

I asked what happened and found out she was in the middle of a bad trip (same acid) and stuck on a Himalayan mountain peak when she had a bad fear of heights phobia.

Well I have a bad fear of heights also and knew instantly that if I ever did acid again that I'd be stuck on that mountain too.

I got scared straight.:good:

Ain't skaird! Set and setting, right? :D

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
From now on I'm sticking to mushrooms, microdosing and on up. If you grow your own you always know what you're getting, it's the same every time. Nice and reliable.:tiphat:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Lot of peace and love remembered.
Huh? My recollections are somewhat different, I saw the revolution as a duty rather than a recreation.
Make no mistake, it was a war and the good guys lost.

So here we are, posting like it is all over and life is somehow better now.
This just makes the old stories that much better.

So yeah, stories about the good times. My cousin was supposed to send me five hits of Acid for my eighteenth birthday since I had not even smoked marijuana at the time (1970). The koolaid package had about a half teaspoon of powder I divided into five piles and ate one every morning for what I thought was about a week.
I found an orange sponge rubber playground ball and dribbled it for a bit. Fun, how far can I go?
Well, the next town (North Pole, real place) is thirteen miles down the road and I made it there and back again without stopping.
Then there was the five mile trip to the Dairy Queen, biking past folks with feet longer than their legs. The big name outdoor concerts on the four lane road to the airport really rocked also. Maybe it was road noise, but at the time it had me parking the bicycle and listening.

The week was finally done, birthday was early June, this was now late August. Lots of little snippets of memory but not three months worth, I wouldn't think. But there I was.

My cousin cleared it up. She had found a deal and sent me fifty hits instead of five.