What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

50 Years Ago . . .

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never mind I know! It was, I mean I was a teenager, tee hee hee
2862happydance-thumb.gif

mr.brunch

Veteran
^^memories.
Red seal and gold seal.
The gold was my one of my first hash purchases- got myself half oz, smoked too much and felt white so I stashed it at my grandmas house. Went to school the next day to find police waiting in the office to search me for cannabis resin…. I had been snitched.
They found nothing , then took me to my house to search , still nothing.
I’m still so glad for that whitey

mr.brunch

Veteran
Smoking too much can be good for you, in some cases.
Luckily most in my area were still quite unaware of hash/weed etc. so when they said “we have a report of you having cannabis resin” I was able to convincingly seem confused… what is cannabis resin? …. A drug…. Oh, how do people take that??

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
i miss hashish, haven't seen it here for over twenty-five years

I had a twenty + year drought until all hell broke loose here just before legalization. The last of the imports popped up in the not so legal dispensaries. Now it is all locally made despite the look or name. All of the gold seal crap etc. But the real fun starts when you buy bubble bags and make your own. That could satisfy your itch. We are just starting to see credible hash from legal sources here but Canada was always more hash centric than the US.

As an aside, my stepson saved some Moroccan blonde from 2017 along with some Royal Maroc and Red Lebanese. We sampled them this week. The red was fake and so so but the other two were very good and original taste and smell.

acespicoli

looks like the dispensary product varies vastly from the originals, imagine some are from a single clone example instead of the whole crop mixed
the prices charged for commercial products is astounding, I remember paying less than 10$/gram for the hash that was black on the outside and when broken brown on the inside
It had a strong pine odor like tree sap but also a spiciness and incense type of aroma you would want to smell for hours and tasted so smooth fluffed and smoked full heaping bowls of it
Not sure if it was affie or paki supply dried up around 1990 do miss that and the hash pictures im seeing lately from over there 🤤 : drool
Was fun like play dough heat it up with a lighter make a worm decarb it a little and pinch a tiny pancake drop a bunch of those in the pipe,,,
Nice thread glad I saw this makes me dream of homemade hash, TH DC and PTK or x18 anyone tried those in a run ?
1659954071047.png

random internet picture of what the 1990 blocks looked like
Maybe Afghani @ RMS the quality was great the potency probally not as strong as todays strains but very flavorful and relaxing

Last edited:

Blue Rhino

I had a twenty + year drought until all hell broke loose here just before legalization. The last of the imports popped up in the not so legal dispensaries. Now it is all locally made despite the look or name. All of the gold seal crap etc. But the real fun starts when you buy bubble bags and make your own. That could satisfy your itch. We are just starting to see credible hash from legal sources here but Canada was always more hash centric than the US.
That's funny. I spent most of my youth in 2 border cities and weed was king. Hash or oil showed up a few times a year and then disappeared again within a week. Moved down the highway to London and it was like the Fort Mac of hash oil.

Rgd

Veteran

50 Years Ago . . .uh maybe 52​

was almost 22

in Ottawa we had" The Cambodian”...it was awesome..I courted my wife with it

I grew plants from the seeds..never have I or will ever see plans that had leaves like that..

serrations like art..

the fk’d up evil landlady who would steal the eggs from the few hens we had[it was our only food]

..squealed to popo

and my girlfriend[same one] and I came home from hitchhiking from Ottawa to see cops unscrewing the

ceiling lightbulbs ..

..we quietly grabbed an old tent out back and slept in it in the fields..not even set up

my first real out door grow .. gone..with a variety I will never see again..

still

it was much more fun than being busted

..thats how she all started there "bye’s"

Last edited: