50 Years Ago . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobedetermined View Post
    My bust was in early September. Canada also classed cannabis under the Narcotic Drugs Act. But I was also charged under the Restricted Drugs Act for possession of LSD. I got a $100 fine on each count. I was very, very lucky to avoid jail.
    I recall my Southern Ontario court case similar to yours. They called it drug day, I was fined $250.00 for marijuana possession the person before me got off on his LSD possession. This was in the latter 60s.

We had access to many of the mentioned hash types plus others. One of my most memorable was sent from India by mail. Came in the form of balls with distinct imprints of stars, moons and stick people. It was exceptional.

Comment

I smoked my first hits of hash in the year of my 16th birthday, 2001. Forever fell in love. We are far from legalization over here, but I'm hoping in some 30 years I will reminisce the times we had, in the same way OP did. Thanks for giving hope for us younglings still battling for sane drug policies!

Comment

Legal hash is what we would've called "weedium density fiberboard". Pressed floor dust. Might as well be smoking a fire starter log. Less BT/serenade for sure.

Comment

January, 1971. It has been seven months since my release for the felony gram of hash. My buddy has raided a vet clinic and scored a large (50 ml) bottle of animal grade morphine.
          Not understanding the label he mixed up what looked to be a good hit and fired it up.

Visualizing my recollection, and knowing what I know now, he had roughly 25 mg of morphine.
          He vomited for a good ten minutes while we staggered around in a circle on the front lawn.

After, he says "Not bad, the throwing up didn't bother me at all".

OK, fine.
          But still, I never touched an opiate until 27 years later when the cancer went through a particularly nasty episode.

I look at opiates and all I see is Chris all doubled over vomiting up stomach acid by the spoonful 'cause that was all that was left to force out.
          That is this month's chapter of "fifty years ago".

Comment

Maybe tomorrow
            When he looks down
            On every green field
            In every town
            All of his children
            In every nation
            There'll be peace and good
            Brotherhood
            Crystal blue persuasion
            Yeah

Comment

50 years ago........I'm sorry when was that?
              The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good things is my religion. Thomas Paine ( Godfather of the American Revolution)

Comment

Never mind I know! It was, I mean I was a teenager, tee hee hee
                The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good things is my religion. Thomas Paine ( Godfather of the American Revolution)

Comment

Working...
                X