Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember When

Who remembers these?
    "Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act." Leonard Cohen

I am too young don't remember them

I thought it was a computer lol

When I read it was a TV remote
    I can't stop laughing

Comment

Hell , I can remember here in Michigan when Detroit Edison would exchange your burned out light bulbs for FREE !

Comment

erector sets and rubiks cube FOR THE WIN!
        I eat legos

Comment

I do, I do

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
          I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
          The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
          the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
          may their arms be too short to scratch...

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead bob View Post
            Hell , I can remember here in Michigan when Detroit Edison would exchange your burned out light bulbs for FREE !

I’m not that old, but I do remember when the milkman did home delivery.
            "Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act." Leonard Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by Smokerman View Post
              I’m not that old, but I do remember when the milkman did home delivery.
              ... and bread (different truck mind you).

In those days folks had jobs which, in turn stimulated the economy. That has all been replaced with automation and shopping from a keyboard!

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
              The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

Comment

I remember those, most had johnny jump up tv’s, I remember when we got a color tv. We had like 7 channels.
                Prop 215 compliant.
                Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

I remember when the world seemed like a huge unexplored place with exotic places you saw in a picture and wanted to go.
                  Now the world seems a lot smaller and you can explore anywhere it seems with a click of your mouse.
                  Very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by EsterEssence View Post
                    I remember those, most had johnny jump up tv’s, I remember when we got a color tv. We had like 7 channels.
                    Yes, I remember the first colour TV we got, 12” had to sit 2 feet in front of it to see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by EsterEssence View Post
                      You were lucky or spoiled LOL We only had 4

Comment

Who remembers these?View Image

OMFG, I remember the wired remote that clicked right to left, and back again.

Like 36 channels.

Hanging out with this girl I dated at her parent's house,
                        decades ago, late night TV with her while her folks were out of town.

She made the best ham sandwiches, mayo and toasted bread.

I miss those simple times. But married now, and from time to time
                        enjoy the late night snacks, cuddled with the wife in the darkened
                        TV lit room on a Saturday night.
                        "So we're just done with phrasing, right, that's not a thing anymore?."

"He's like Jesus, just dumber and fatter, and holds the Bible upside down".

Comment

I remember standing in front of shop window watching first tv's out , black n white lines flickering away, now I would like to blow mine up lol.

Comment

Who remembers these?View Image
                            couldn't afford them had to walk back n forth to switch channels.

Comment

Originally posted by anoydas 666 View Post
                              couldn't afford them had to walk back n forth to switch channels.
                              LOL I bought one at a flea market because I was sick and tired getting up to change the channels LOL. I had a RCA 26" colour TV with the old style turn the knob type. I remember the 1st VCR I bought. It came with a wired remote as well. That's what spoiled me.

Comment

Working...
                              X