No announcement yet.

Remember When

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone remember natural bristle toothbrushes?

Comment

remember when...
      People had just one telephone for more than a decade and were happy with it?

These days millions insist on getting a new smartphone or whatever as soon as it´s available on the market. AND they spend Sh*tloads on them. Totally nuts IMO

Comment

I remember when hamburger meat was 99 cents a pound. Don't have to go back that far either.

My 3G flip fone works fine. When it stops working, I toss it and get another cheap phone. Just a damn phone.
        ______________________________ __________________________
        Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

99 cents for a pound of minced beef?!?!?!? Where the hell do you live? I wanna move over there!

I also remember when electrical appliances were built to last. There were NOT designed to break down after 2-4 years!!

Comment

I remember when I was a kid and Grandpa took me to the fair..

He ordered 2 hot dogs from the hot dog cart and when the guy told him it was 50 cents, he jumped down the guys throat!...

He said "Hot dogs should cost 10 cents apiece!!"

Isn't Mother Nature grand !

Comment

2 Hot Dogs for 50 cents!! And I thought the ones at IKEA for 1 EUR were cheap !

Comment

I guess I can "Remember When" a lot further back than you, Cuddles...

Don't ask me how old I am...Still handsome though!

Comment

lol, I must admit that I don´t remember all the prices for food. As a kid I didn´t usually pay for it. But I do recall that when I was at junior school we used to eat these milk ice cream on a stick. And then, one summer, when the price went up from 10 to 15 p I was appalled!

I don´t wanna mention how much that same ice crem costs nowadays! Just unbelievable.

BTW, I´ve always had a thing about older gents. But I´m not sure you can´t be that much older than me
                  Last edited by Cuddles; 10-23-2020, 15:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Green View Post
                    I remember when I was a kid and Grandpa took me to the fair..

He ordered 2 hot dogs from the hot dog cart and when the guy told him it was 50 cents, he jumped down the guys throat!...

He said "Hot dogs should cost 10 cents apiece!!"

30 cents for the ambience...
                    smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

I sure do remember. You see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J.D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and, anyway, about my washtub. I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball.

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

Comment

I remember when I switched over from chocolate milk to Pepsi.
                        I was 6 years old. They didn't have chocolate milk at the truck stop.
                        My dad would get a bottle of Pepsi and pour a package peanuts in it.
                        I got a 2-pack of Orange Hostess cup cake. They were a lot bigger, then!

"we have met the enemy and he is us"-Pogo

Comment

I remember walking to the store to buy a candy bar...They cost a nickel then..

I always bought the "Hollywood" bar... It was the biggest one on the shelf..

I never bought a Mounds or Almond Joy because they cost a dime...

and two big Hollywood bars beat a dinky little Almond Joy any day of the week!

Comment

Six cent cokes.
                            Difficult thread to spend time with.
                            That which matters most

Comment

We used to give 99 cents/pound for beef ribs. They are 3.99 on sale now. Cheapest edible "minced beef" is $3.50.

Yet they say there is no price inflation. And also supply is getting limited. Canned "mixed vegetables" are way expensive, and scarce. Why?
                              ______________________________ __________________________
                              Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Green View Post
                                I remember walking to the store to buy a candy bar...They cost a nickel then..

I always bought the "Hollywood" bar... It was the biggest one on the shelf..

I never bought a Mounds or Almond Joy because they cost a dime...

and two big Hollywood bars beat a dinky little Almond Joy any day of the week!

It was Butterfingers or ChickoStick, PayDay. 5¢

Gum > Black Jack, Beech Nut Clove.
                                Atomic Fire Balls or Zotz for a penny! Used to sneak those in Study Hall or give Zotz to unsuspecting teachers! ;o)!
                                ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                                "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                                We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X