What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Remember When

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember when FLAG DAY (6/14) was celebrated, displaying the ol' Red, White, Blue. We're so muddled in COVID, Defunding, BLM, we forget the beauty of the flag and what it represents.

For me, our American flag means freedom and national pride. Our flag that we honor and celebrate, reminds us to respect our country and my individual rights. It isn't there just so we can salute it; the flag was made to stand for our independence and rights.

A

anoydas 666

I remember a mate who said a lawn should be made of cement, I laughed at the time many moons ago , now I fucken agree .

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I remember a mate who said a lawn should be made of cement, I laughed at the time many moons ago , now I fucken agree .

Concrete is harder on taildragger airplane tires than grass.

I mow over a dozen acres here. Had a fish bone pop a tire on the mower this afternoon, so now I don't.

A

anoydas 666

slowing down here a bit to Hank, but the bloody grass lawn don't.

EsterEssence

Veteran
We could grow a few plants and the cops would pretty much leave us alone. Noe the Hmong, and cartels have come up, brought the cops up to bust their giant grows and us family farmers get caught up in the nightmare...

I wood

Remember when icmag was a mostly weed related site and politics hadn't eroded its user base to the shadow of its former self that it is now?

Cuddles

remember when...
People had just one telephone for more than a decade and were happy with it?

These days millions insist on getting a new smartphone or whatever as soon as it´s available on the market. AND they spend Sh*tloads on them. Totally nuts IMO

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I remember when hamburger meat was 99 cents a pound. Don't have to go back that far either.

My 3G flip fone works fine. When it stops working, I toss it and get another cheap phone. Just a damn phone.

Cuddles

99 cents for a pound of minced beef?!?!?!? Where the hell do you live? I wanna move over there!

I also remember when electrical appliances were built to last. There were NOT designed to break down after 2-4 years!!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I remember when I was a kid and Grandpa took me to the fair..

He ordered 2 hot dogs from the hot dog cart and when the guy told him it was 50 cents, he jumped down the guys throat!...

He said "Hot dogs should cost 10 cents apiece!!"