What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Remember When

gr866

Veteran
I remember in 1979 had a friend who worked for the CIA bring me some seeds from Afghanistan.
Planted outside in the woods near my trailer.
Topped the shit out of it
Ended up about 7 feet tall, at least that big around. Could smell it when I turned off the highway onto the road that led up to the house.
When I dried it, could not let anyone come to the house, it stunk like a skunk. Pull 2.75 pounds off it.
Was and still is the best I have smoked ever and I have been smoking since 1963, am 72 now.
The taste was great, the smell was like a skunk and the high was wonderful. Have friend from that period that agree with me that it was the best smoke ever.
I also remember 14 cent gas.

T

Teddybrae

Well said, Cobber! I remember cheap fuel too ... and not having any money to buy it!
I remember in 1979 had a friend who worked for the CIA bring me some seeds from Afghanistan.
Planted outside in the woods near my trailer.
Topped the shit out of it
Ended up about 7 feet tall, at least that big around. Could smell it when I turned off the highway onto the road that led up to the house.
When I dried it, could not let anyone come to the house, it stunk like a skunk. Pull 2.75 pounds off it.
Was and still is the best I have smoked ever and I have been smoking since 1963, am 72 now.
The taste was great, the smell was like a skunk and the high was wonderful. Have friend from that period that agree with me that it was the best smoke ever.
I also remember 14 cent gas.

Gry

Neat thread Smokerman.
In my minds ear, I can almost
hear the sound they used to make
as they changed stations.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
hell, i was expecting an abacus. guess i'm REALLY getting old, huh. :biggrin:

In my first year of college chemistry they made us use slide rules because not everybody could buy a calculator. They got a deal on HP-10s the next year, and we could buy those and use them. Big, and not very powerful. 1975.

T

Teddybrae

Y'know ... I still have a Blowlamp in my shed. Do you remember them? They were used for heating Soldering Irons and for heating paint (usually lead paint) to strip it off.

There was a well under the burner that was filled with Methylated Sprits which was set on fire so the burner got hot and the Kerosine fuel would turn to vapour and ignite when you pumped up the pressure.

OH ... and I 've just remembered things called Steam Cleaners. They also ran on Kero and used to ....

A

anoydas 666

used to use a blowlamp to heat up chamber to start a bulldog tractor with the steering wheel on the side.