What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

Sunshineinabag

Strippe always had good flowers In his too dresser drawer....thank God my stepdad was a pothead....the drunk we lived with was a serious fuken drag

Sunshineinabag

I went with higher Kelvin rating white light, as that is what is found in the mountains or nearer the equator. That is where the soaring sativas grow. Indoor lights spike various bands of light but that flat even light of the sun is just beyond the tech of today. I am not sure there are even other rays of the sun that are not identified yet. Same as cannabinoids or other compounds in pot that are yet to be found.
Pretty neat considering it's a giant ball of fusion:groupwave:

pixie

This sure covers many years for me! One of the best was in the 1980s, the KGB. It was coming from the Emerald Triangle north to Oregon. Every couple of weeks an old hippie bus would show up in Santa Cruz, CA, I had my pal that I met at a park. Had to be some of the stickies & the flavor was unique.

Gry

The regular Mexican that was the day to day standard was real nice, cannabis from Jamaica was a very fine occasional treat.
Punta Roja, and Gold were each massively impressive. Thai Stick was in a class of it's own.
Having an iso 2 from Thai Power inc made the seventies much more tolerable.
Being able to communicate with the developer of the device on here years later was the cats pajamas !
Find myself thinking of and missing the Mexican cannabis of my youth.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The regular Mexican that was the day to day standard was real nice, cannabis from Jamaica was a very fine occasional treat.
Punta Roja, and Gold were each massively impressive. Thai Stick was in a class of it's own.
Having an iso 2 from Thai Power inc made the seventies much more tolerable.
Being able to communicate with the developer of the device on here years later was the cats pajamas !
Find myself thinking of and missing the Mexican cannabis of my youth.

how true.... in the late 60's /early 70's , it was mexican... not all of it good, but some was very nice - i remember buying an oz of jamaican for 35bucks, and my friends said i was nuts... spending 35bucks on an oz, but it was a treat... thai-stick when around was real nice, and we on occasion got some almost black weed .... we were told it was from colombia, and after 1/2 a joint, the tips of your fingers would be covered with resin... those were the days.... we have been growing for 20+ years, and save for some jock hooror (nirvana, a buck or two a seed) , we have never grown ass-kickin weed- still seaching for an elite lady... the hunt goes on

StickyBandit

My earliest memories would be some weed they called Buddha in the 80's
The buds were brownish and tasted of pepper and spices and had a very clear, active buzz :)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Jock Horror!

yesss jock.... our 1st grow, grew 1/2 dozen of nirvana's beans - all pretty good, but we had a jock pheno, that was ass-kickin - unfort being old and stupid, we didn't take a cutting- we went thru 3 add packs, never finding that elite girl- bought a pack of jack herer - as with the jock , most was good weed, but not that special lady...

over the years we have grown many many diff seeds- some good weed.... but an elite... only once... we keep looking

BarknPunkin

My Favorite
The weed that was stinky/spicey - and 10$ an ounce, seeds and all. All those seeds we tossed out the car window...

Reactions: Gry
Anything smokeable or what was available as a kid.as a grown up in this new world.choices like amnesia sound appealing.but to be honest skunk/ kush either with lemon skunk or. Indoor haze nyc

Mr Pink

Back in the late 90's and early 00's in southern France we got some hash called "Haya" : it swiftly replaced the black moroccan hash that came in 250 gr "savonnettes".
Haya was paler and more fragrant, and a lot stronger than traditionnal black hash. Thinking back on it, I reckon it came from the first generations of non native plants being grown in morocco. Packaging was 100 or 200gr "plaques" and mostly it wouldn't even have a stamp. It wouldn't bubble like more modern hash would, and at first the price was equivalent to that of black hash.
I remember a golden age of smoking it mixed with Camel cigarettes, in big joints that would perfume up a whole house. When cut in fat slices, one generous stroke of the lighter was enough to crumble 0.5gr of the soft hash and fatten up a "collage" that would make for mouth watering smoke. It was an time when I didn't give any thought about vaping or avoiding tobacco at any cost, I would inhale dense clouds of white smoke I wouldn't dare be around nowadays...

Later in the second half of the 00's haya disappeared, and slowly hash became such a mass market that average quality plummeted. "Olives" were the shit for a while, before everyone started started making "olives" out of every hash that came about.

Nowadays I don't smoke hash anymore, barely a little weed.

BobChronic6505

I started smoking in the 2000s and weed then didnt have names, not that I knew of anyway. Most of the time it was pressed pot and if you were lucky or knew somebody you could get green pot/homegrown. Even though alot of the experiences and memories in here are 30/40/50 years old, but they seem alot like mine in my glory days of getting high and riding around. I miss that, because modern weed does not give me that high that back in the day weed did. If I would have known that weed today was gonna be like it is, I wouldve saved every pressed pot bagseed I ever got.

Sam-i-am

Is it obsurd almost, the potency of herb nowadays? I started smoking in the early - mid 90's and to think about it, smoking an entire J was a thing...anymore 2 hits of today's herb and its almost too much! To the point of the topic though, I had an atomic northern lights, Mazar and super skunk that were my go to girls from the late 90s till the mid 2000s after that the genetics of today (or their ancestors) became readily available....ahhhhh the good ole days! I am glad for the increased potency cuz these old lungs have seen better days!

romanoweed

its really crazy, even with legalisation it sounds as pot is still just shit. In switzerland i personally believe pot was on a very good level. Atleast compared to today.

In switzerland we had quiet a few soft weed, the broad mass was still just couchlook-weed, but here and there we had Indicas, Sativas or Balanced ones that were just enjoyable.

Favorite were the pure Sativas, and after that pure Indica (middle thick bud, but fullon Indica effect).

The sativas made me dream, they were just wonderfull, you didnt think of "im not doing that, im chilling". No, you was mindblown inside, and super happy how the world looks.. like of wonders.

The indica i described was putting me to a halt, not weed to get things done, but a good feeling inside. The indica didnt have this magical Trais, but was still an interesting sensation that i remeber well.
Was good to really become stressfree.

Third place takes some soft weed that was harmonic in Indica-Sativa therms. Something to smoke anytime. Nothing thaat special but compared to today.. tss.. thats worlds appart.

Today all those vanished from public. hope it comes back

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, one my favs was in a few of the loads circa 1978 maybe 79 definitely not 80 as I went on vacation for awhile in 80, but one of them was sooooooo blonde and smelled like licorice. Nicest gold Colombian I got, about a ton and that was it. All the next seemed mershy mersh in comparison but won't forget that blonde on blonde licorice smelling in rooster bags. Definitely built up some muscles in those days, no cocaine to destroy us all ( yet ). Just tons of weed, about the same in money and we sure ate well ....and then that was that
jsmile027.gif

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One load and one load only I recall was some what appeared to be a red instead of gold Colombian which came as a pleasant surprise when opening a bale. Lovely smell. Circa 1979. Only a few hundred pounds, less than half a ton and it was gone. Nobody had time to investigate strains etc etc. It all went so fast and grew so large. Same Rooster bags as the gold. Oh how much fun it was for an early 20's fellow in the game
yay2.gif

Reactions: Gry

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
One load and one load only I recall was some what appeared to be a red instead of gold Colombian which came as a pleasant surprise when opening a bale. Lovely smell. Circa 1979. Only a few hundred pounds, less than half a ton and it was gone. Nobody had time to investigate strains etc etc. It all went so fast and grew so large. Same Rooster bags as the gold. Oh how much fun it was for an early 20's fellow in the game
yay2.gif
I'm thinking I was in on some that souds exactly as you describe.. Columbian gold it was called.. and it WAS GOLD colored (might call it red) and had a million seeds per ounce.. but knok you dick in the dirt.. came around only once (NYC area).

and about the same time frame, hash buy netted an ounce of this very light green powdery hash: it was probably keef but who knew about keef in the 70s? I sold a quarter before I knew I couldn't get any more and tried to buy it back from the guy.. not a chance.. no names then.. oo rah!

St. Phatty

I surely enjoy the Bud from the 2021 season.

But I can't say it's any better than the Primo that a friend brought down to Silicon Valley from Mendo/Humboldt in the late 80's.

Mostly what we have now is more Variety.

oldhaole

Veteran
I remember Mango weed. This was like the early '80's We didn't know it at the time but in a land of Sativas this was the first full on Indica plant widely circulated on Maui. How far we have come....