What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leg Pain

Mr. Stinky

Jesus... hope u pull thru! Horrible time of the year to die, too.

Also... u better be off the damn cancer sticks! Its baffling to me that humans still grow tobacco for consumption. But our harmless/helpful plant is the devil?

Good luck smoker man. Hell of a last few years you've had

Smokerman

Veteran
You hanging in there still?

One day at a time.
To bring everything up to speed, I’ve been having a sore hip and knee for awhile and thought it was arthritis or whatever so my family Dr sent me for X-ray’s and everything was good. He said I should see vascular surgeon again, so last week she sent me for an ultrasound and said the profuda artery has a blockage. She setting up a CT then she wants to do another bypass.

G

One day at a time.
To bring everything up to speed, I’ve been having a sore hip and knee for awhile and thought it was arthritis or whatever so my family Dr sent me for X-ray’s and everything was good. He said I should see vascular surgeon again, so last week she sent me for an ultrasound and said the profuda artery has a blockage. She setting up a CT then she wants to do another bypass.

Sounds like you're getting through it, one test or phase a a time then??

Hang in there.

I'm hopefully headed for Seattle some time in the very near future for some sort of resolve with my issues.

Smokerman

Veteran
So I’m waiting for latest test results and these are some of the tests I’ve had in the last few years . This is 3 of the hospitals, because I have to pay for them these are the ones I found important.

Smokerman

Veteran
So I got the latest test results from the CT the vascular surgeon wanted. She’s going to put a stent in the interior iliac artery. I’ll find out when next week. She was more concerned that the tumour on my kidney has gotten bigger. She referred me to a urologist who referred me to another urologist who wants to do an ablation. Due to the pandemic things are a little slow happening. She strongly suggested that if I can’t have the ablation soon I should have the kidney removed. She’s going to talk to the first urologist and get back to me. This vascular surgeon is one of the best doctors I’ve come across.

G

So I got the latest test results from the CT the vascular surgeon wanted. She’s going to put a stent in the interior iliac artery. I’ll find out when next week. She was more concerned that the tumour on my kidney has gotten bigger. She referred me to a urologist who referred me to another urologist who wants to do an ablation. Due to the pandemic things are a little slow happening. She strongly suggested that if I can’t have the ablation soon I should have the kidney removed. She’s going to talk to the first urologist and get back to me. This vascular surgeon is one of the best doctors I’ve come across.

Sorry to read about the tumor on the kidney, Smokerman.

But it sounds like they have some reasonable plans re. blood flow, and maybe you can manage to save the kidney yet, too.

Good luck to you.

Smokerman

Veteran
Soooo, the vascular surgeon tried angioplasty and it didn’t work. Today we discussed options, 1 deal with the pain until collateral vessels can happen, 2, have a bypass than she’s not crazy about cause she feels it’s hi risk. She said there’s a 20% chance of serious complications from surgery due to heart issues I have. She’s going to send me for a heart echo and stress test and then let me know what she thinks. On another note the kidney ablation is May 5. Not in a very good mood.

Last edited:

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Smokerman, I am truly saddened that the hits just keep coming for you......sometimes all there is to do is radically accept that which we cannot control...and be in the moment, observing all things just as they are with love and compassion for ourselves. :comfort:

Smokerman

Veteran
It’s just frustrating. The hospital that’s doing the ablation wanted an X-ray, so on Monday I had to go down town just for that. They want an MRI but because I have an ICD they did the X-ray first to see the placement of it, then the day of the MRI they have to have a rep from the manufacturer there to program it into safe mode and a cardiologist to monitor me while the test is done. After the MRI they have to reprogram it. It’s really a pain in the ass to everyone including me. Just wondering if all of this is really worth it.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
Blood clot in my left leg; 40 days ago; started swelling from the knee down, to twice normal size. (my shoe size went to size 18) :smoke:

ultra-sound, overnight stay in hospital on IV drip. Sent home with blood thinner pills. ($10 each)

Pills are working OK I guess. Shoe size back to 13 :snap out of it:

Updates, later!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Blood clot in my left leg; 40 days ago; started swelling from the knee down, to twice normal size. (my shoe size went to size 18) :smoke:

ultra-sound, overnight stay in hospital on IV drip. Sent home with blood thinner pills. ($10 each)

Pills are working OK I guess. Shoe size back to 13 :snap out of it:

Updates, later!

Shoes from nine to twelve, not near as bad as Mr. Pinball but the swelling also raised my glove size from large to ex large, and it is past the wrists but not yet to the elbow. No pain.

And in the "For what its worth" comment, four separate doctors all swore I would die within ten years of the CAT Scan being taken.
That deadline passed five years ago, and is still counting, eight months into year six.
I stand tall.

Cancer is never going to be fun, but it is is interesting if kept at a distance.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the best for you Smokerman and Phaeton. I suppose it is no use and just another bothersome suggestion, but I have looked into broccoli sprouts and tumeric for cancer resistance. Tumeric is mostly an anti-inflammatory. Also good with rice dishes. I take a capsule of each in powdered extract form most days.

Smokerman

Veteran
Good morning everyone, I had the ablation yesterday and I’ll tell you that out of all the surgeries I’ve had (and there’s been quite a few) this one is the most painful. They went through my back and it hurts like a bitch. He’s going to do a follow up MRI in 3 weeks to see if he got it all. I’m done with this, whether it’s gone or not. Had a long talk with one of the nurses yesterday while I was waiting and told her after the ablation it would be the first and last.

igrowone

Veteran
some rough days SmokerMan, hope it improves
but you did what you had to do and it's done for the time being