What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leg Pain

Smokerman

Veteran
So June 10th is surgery day for a bypass on my leg once again. I talked to the anesthesiologist today and he doesn’t want to do general anesthesia, he wants to just give sedation and a epidural. I was quite clear in explaining as long as I’m asleep during surgery he can put me to sleep anyway they want but I better not wake up til it’s finished. I think I got my point across.

Cuddles

So June 10th is surgery day for a bypass on my leg once again. I talked to the anesthesiologist today and he doesn’t want to do general anesthesia, he wants to just give sedation and a epidural. I was quite clear in explaining as long as I’m asleep during surgery he can put me to sleep anyway they want but I better not wake up til it’s finished. I think I got my point across.

good luck with it, I hope it goes well :)

Sunshineinabag

:huggg:guess I won't ignore my left leg then

20210603_101428.jpg
20210603_101428.jpg
20210603_101428.jpg

Attachments

• 20210603_101439.jpg
    20210603_101439.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210603_101445.jpg
    20210603_101445.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 43

Gry

Best of wishes to you once again Smokerman. You have been and are an inspiration to many.

Smokerman

Veteran
Thanks so much for the support. All done. Pain is tolerable. They took a vein from my right bicep area. Hopefully this is the last one for a long time.

Smokerman

Veteran
wow, that was fast, easy peasy! :tiphat: :woohoo:
Yup wasn’t too bad. Surgery took about 3 hours. Unfortunately I have to stay overnight. So first I have to talk them into getting this friggin catheter out and then tomorrow I have to talk the doctor into letting me leave. Usually she’s pretty good about it.

St. Phatty

Yup wasn’t too bad. Surgery took about 3 hours. Unfortunately I have to stay overnight. So first I have to talk them into getting this friggin catheter out and then tomorrow I have to talk the doctor into letting me leave. Usually she’s pretty good about it.

How much did they charge your insurer, or whoever paid for it ?

Cuddles

Thanks so much for the support. All done. Pain is tolerable. They took a vein from my right bicep area. Hopefully this is the last one for a long time.

good to hear you´re doing okay. The pain will subside and you´ll feel much better overall :)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here's to a full and speedy recovery for ya.

They whacked away at my knee a few hours ago. I have a walker now and can't stand on my leg like the surgeon says I should be able to.

As soon as these cookies kick in, things will be OK. 6 or so ought to do the trick, as well as a spliff and many hits off the cano.

this getting old stuff is less fun that the term "golden years" implies.

Smokerman

Veteran
Here's to a full and speedy recovery for ya.

They whacked away at my knee a few hours ago. I have a walker now and can't stand on my leg like the surgeon says I should be able to.

As soon as these cookies kick in, things will be OK. 6 or so ought to do the trick, as well as a spliff and many hits off the cano.

this getting old stuff is less fun that the term "golden years" implies.

Golden years lol

Smokerman

Veteran
I got the MRI results from a scan they did June 8th in regards to the kidney cancer.
I gotta say it’s not great.
It says there’s tumours on my pancreas and spine that weren’t there on the previous scan last October.
I’m kinda at the crossroads whether I want keep fighting this or just let nature take its course.
I think all these tests and surgeries are starting to be counterproductive and just taking a toll both mentally and physically.