What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leg Pain

Smokerman

Veteran
I've been having leg pain for months now, seems to be getting worse. Finally went to the doctor and based on what I told him he thought it might be a blood clot. Went this past Thursday for an ultrasound on my arms, neck and legs, they tell me my doctor should have results by this coming Tuesday. I get home from an outing yesterday to a message on home phone saying this is the doctor's office saying its really. really, really important I call the doctor right away, well his office is closed til Monday, What kind of message is that to leave someone? Now i'm on edge til I find out tomorrow.

castout

Veteran
Contact whoever is covering for him, or an er doc. A blood clot is very dangerous. Explain the situation and ask what you should do. I had a clot in my leg, that became a pulmonary embolism. Very serious stuff. Best of luck.

Runt

You want to take it very easy until you know more, exercise can dislodge a clot and that could spell trouble.

Smokerman

Veteran
How are you doing?

Went to my doctor today and he showed me the test results, 99% blockage in the femoral artery in left leg. He said I have to wait til I see surgeon on May 25. Told me to take an aspirin a day and not over exert til then

castout

Veteran
Thanks for updating. Did he put you on any Coumadin? It's a blood thinner. Best of luck with everything.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
smoking at a 'reasonable' rate is supposed to lower blood pressure.. GL, go slow... I'd be up someones ass!

DickAnubis

Smokerman, just sending over some posi-vibes. Take it easy, low exertion and light toking.
You should read your doctor the riot act but don't stree over it right now.
Health first.

Your IC team is with you.

DA

Smokerman

Veteran
Went to the surgeon today, told me what I already knew 99% blockage in the femoral artery. He sent me for a blood test and is setting up a ct scan then surgery. He said the balloon won't work and that he will do a bypass. All this is starting to piss me off. I don't have the luxury of staying home, I have to work and I do a lot of physical work. The pain is very intense when I'm working. The sooner this is fixed the better.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Went to the surgeon today, told me what I already knew 99% blockage in the femoral artery. He sent me for a blood test and is setting up a ct scan then surgery. He said the balloon won't work and that he will do a bypass. All this is starting to piss me off. I don't have the luxury of staying home, I have to work and I do a lot of physical work. The pain is very intense when I'm working. The sooner this is fixed the better.

surprises me they let you go anywhere. 99%!

Smokerman

Veteran
CT scan june 15 then surgeon june 22, bullshit can't work properly without pain, this is fuckin bullshit. I have to work

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
There's a time when we all have to slow down. This is one of them. You really really don't want a piece of that clot to break free.

Runt

You have a bad situation but working can really make it a lot worse which could make work future uncertain. I know -and hate- the situation you are in but life has taught me that taking risks with your health seldom helps. Take care and concentrate on R&R.

Smokerman

Veteran
Went to the hospital today to talk to surgeon, he said situation is unusual as there is both an aneurysm and a blockage. Didn't fully understand but surgery is set for August 7. All in all not a bad wait for Ontario health care. ( 3 months ) Hope all goes well.
Hospital just called and bumped up the surgery to July 23, and to be honest this whole surgery thing has me scared as all hell.

Last edited:

Smokerman

Veteran
Went to hospital today for pre admission visit, blood test, and the anesthesiologist. Was told surgery was booked from 9-12:30 this Thursday. He also said the pros outweigh the cons. Not sure how to take that. If everything goes well, see you next week. If not its been a slice.

Runt

Surgery is scary, it should be as they´re cutting into your flesh :) I´ve been on the table many times and I´ve been lucky -more benefit than anything else BUT nothing is perfect in this world. Take care bro.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
blood thinner beware

blood thinner beware

A friend of mine is on a blood thinner because of a clot in his leg. A while ago he started bleeding from his rectum. Being a stubborn fellow he nearly bled to death before he went to the hospital and they figured it out. He had hemorrhoids.