What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fess up! how many of you old farts need a nap?

N

noyd666

Gonna have a little kip soon,,,,,,

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Once in a while - I will take an afternoon 'Power-Nap' - due to being up since 4am - not eating any breakfast - 2-3 hours exercise - (walking 3 miles - often loaded with backpack and heavy shopping) - an hour gym and an hour swim - then cooking and eating a big meal around 3pm - all my body wants to do is rest/digest - and Zzzzzzz's - then after an hour nap/sleep - I'm recharged - no more low-batt - lol - and ready to rock thru the evening - till around midnight -

Maybe once a week - I need this 'Power-Nap' -

Slim Pickens

Veteran
no more low-batt

low-batt lol. Finally got my wife to quit using that term. But she reverts on me when we go home.

I have to fight off naps,but then I drag around like I'm on the verge of passing out. If I do relent and nap,then I drag a** worse. LOL. On the rare occasion I'll feel refreshed,but that is the exception rather than the rule.

moose eater

RE previous post. scientists now say that taking daily midday naps is an enhanced risk factor for Alzheimers, delusions etc for older folks. so, stay up, go shoot pool, drink a beer, something... reminds me, gotta mow yard tomorrow if it dries out enough.
I should be fine then, other than for sleep recharging the immune system. I hardly sleep at all anymore, let alone napping. I tend to lay restlessly through the night, getting up several times each sleep cycle, then, when I'm tired enough to nap in the early part of the day, I lay there for a bit, and eventually get up feeling disgusted, then reach some semblance of forward movement in energy, etc.

Last moose season, out in the bush, I needed a brief nap just about every day around noon or so, and it pissed off my younger son, as that meant he couldn't head to the tree stand until I was up and lucid.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Naturally the body needs working - then feeding - and then it wants to rest - to get all the nutes - into the right places - rest and recover - I try not to teeter on the edge of unconsciousness - either I'm asleep - or awake - it gets confusing - if you try and run your life - half awake - and half asleep -

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Last moose season, out in the bush, I needed a brief nap just about every day around noon or so, and it pissed off my younger son, as that meant he couldn't head to the tree stand until I was up and lucid.
over the decades, i have found that i sleep MUCH better, and FEEL better, if i nap for just a half hour or so while out in the woods hunting. i just say "fuck it" and lie down in a pile of leaves & doze away. three times now, however, i've woken up & found that turkey vultures had lit in the trees overhead. how the hell do they find me in full camo, facepaint etc out in the woods? i take a damn shower every night, use deodorant etc...WTF?

moose eater

over the decades, i have found that i sleep MUCH better, and FEEL better, if i nap for just a half hour or so while out in the woods hunting. i just say "fuck it" and lie down in a pile of leaves & doze away. three times now, however, i've woken up & found that turkey vultures had lit in the trees overhead. how the hell do they find me in full camo, facepaint etc out in the woods? i take a damn shower every night, use deodorant etc...WTF?
I've taken a nap or 3 while up in a tree stand during moose season. One of the older stands was supported by living trees of different spe4cies and light conditions, and so the 3 corners of that stand grew upward ta different rates, developing an unintended run-off that helped to preserve it for years.

When I was up in that stand and trying to nap, typically stoned or sometimes tripping, I"d rope myself into the corner arond some spruce railings that were attached to the upright 'tree posts' with baling wire, but never really got to where I could sleep comfortably up there, 20+ ft. off the ground.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
51yrs young, and the only time I need a nap is when I short my sleep. I NEED a full 4 to 5hrs of sleep or I can feel it the next day.

Of course, supermarkets have less than 1% "clean food" for sale so things are rough. Lol

Choose your foods by your (and your parent's) blood type and cut out all artificial and 'natural' (what a joke) food additives, oils, fillers and whatnot. Very nice being able to take less than 5 min for a shit... only once a day. ;) How many 50+ can say that? Heh

For everything else there's GreenFocus, a natural caffeine based supplement I'm about to begin selling on Etsy. Developed by me and for me, it provides 4 to 5 hours of smoooth energy and focus with, literally, zero crash. :)

Be Good to yourselves.

Edit: Most 'avoid' foods make you sleepy, and when I choose the wrong foods I can sleep 8hrs and still wake up tired.

Last edited:

moose eater

For me, 300- 350 mg of THC-A extract each day, plus what ever other forms of added THC, etc., and then one particular blood flow drug that can "make a person dizzy," and I suspect that has been the greatest set of variables affecting the sleep pattern going from abysmal to WTF!!

My metabolism and sense of center are so far off from normal that if they met in the mirror they wouldn't recognize each other.

"But a man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do!!!" :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
For me, 300- 350 mg of THC-A extract each day, plus what ever other forms of added THC, etc., and then one particular blood flow drug that can "make a person dizzy," and I suspect that has been the greatest set of variables affecting the sleep pattern going from abysmal to WTF!!

My metabolism and sense of center are so far off from normal that if they met in the mirror they wouldn't recognize each other.

"But a man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do!!!" :)
:good: :ROFLMAO: :good:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Airplane business travel taught me how to power nap. After a few years, I could nap literally anywhere. From 3 minutes to an hour, I would awaken fresh and ready for the next abuse. I still seem to operate the same way in retirement.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my bladder won't let me sleep more than 4 hours or so. i can go back to bed, and if lucky, steal another hour. my MD told me this is normal; older folks needing and getting less sleep. well, i'm damn sure getting less...:badday: