X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshineinabag
    replied
    Originally posted by Creeperpark View Post
    The best treatment for PTSD is to have a garden somewhere. The same goes for a Therapist, Mother Nature, and going in the woods. Year round there was always something one could do outside. Since I can't go onto the woods anymore because my handicap, I do setting meditation every morning and that helps a lot. Stopping and taking time to focus on the present moment, and counting my blessings. Everything changes. 😎
    Right after a heavy rain......first light dawn......

Leave a comment:

• Sunshineinabag
    replied
    Originally posted by Mary57 View Post
    @sunshineinabag I don't care either and I bet you're a better driver than most of those doogie howsers out there who don't even know that "doogie howser" is a derogatory term.

I'd rather get in a car with you than with any Millenials I am unfortunate enough to know, no offense intended to any millenial who might be reading this because they are also part of the club that nobody wants to join.

I wasn't in Nam, it's just a "something like that" that maybe only people who actually were can understand. If you think I'm bad about my male cannabis plants, just don't ever ask me why I don't carry a smartphone or why I run around barefoot.

Just don't ask, lol. My doctor, my dispensary, and my auto breeder are all working on that diligently along with all of my medical AND recreational ladies, but in the meantime, I'm just a major piece of work and not really "friend" material for humans, lol.

It's just nice to have a safe place where I don't have to feel quite so all alone.
    Doogie howser don't yield for anyone

Leave a comment:

• Creeperpark
    replied
    The hardest and most important part of my PTSD today and every day is remembering, not give a fuck, I forget all the time.!😎

Leave a comment:

• Creeperpark
    replied
    The best treatment for PTSD is to have a garden somewhere. The same goes for a Therapist, Mother Nature, and going in the woods. Year round there was always something one could do outside. Since I can't go onto the woods anymore because my handicap, I do setting meditation every morning and that helps a lot. Stopping and taking time to focus on the present moment, and counting my blessings. Everything changes. 😎

Leave a comment:

• Creeperpark
    replied
    PTSD is not my biggest problem. but my physical handicap is a hard to live with. I lost my left eye, and was burned over 48% of my body. from an I.E.D. exploding under my feet. My right eye is almost gone now completely, and can't be fixed due to the permanent damage. I'm fucked when comes to finding my lost dog, or other important things. It seems like I lose a lot of stuff all the time. I'm not allowed to drive ever again and the only transportation I have, is my bicycle which I love. When someone takes me to the store and I can't find the stuff I looking for,, its so frustrating. For instance I wanted some instant chocolate pudding and it took me 30 mins to find it. All you people, if you can see then count your blessing. I'm blessed to get to use visual impairment equipment from the state to get around on the web and CCTV that magnifies stuff. State and Veterans Administration says I'm blind, but I can still see a little! 😎

Leave a comment:

• billy_big_bud!
    replied
    after a solid 2 months of microdosing psylicybin i can state beyond a doubt that i have had genuine improvement in literally every category of my mental health to different degrees but improvement across the board. i would equally accept the possibility of the placebo effect as i was absolutely certain it would make a change so that may be a factor but i am drastically different than i was 2 months ago despite a major stumble during that period of time, i still rebounded and leveled back out. it is far from perfect or a cure all at this dose but im definitely a believer but again, i was before i even started.

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Coping strategies may help vs. cognitive therapy.

https://www.verywellmind.com/ways-of...nxiety-2797619

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...tsd/self-care/

Breathing, yoga, a hobby (growing!), calming music, exercise (even a walk where you feel safe), watching Nature, hybrid cannabis use....they're not the magic bullet, yet can ease some symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• Mary57
    replied
    ITA; thanks, @Phaeton.

Sadly, all that some doctors are allowed to diagnose are symptoms. Poor communication skills are a symptom. ITA with @aridbud too

Talking about symptoms doesn't make them go away for me. It never does. Maybe it works for other people, but in my case, all it does is freak out my plants.

Take care and me too; see ya around the appropriate newbie forums, @sunshineinabag

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
    There are conditions that pot does not help in the least and there are people who cannot use marijuana in a safe and controlled manner. Period.
    It is not the strain of pot, it is the strain of person that is nonfunctional.
    One size has never fit all.
    If you are pushing your idea of a cure so hard that friends have to get "shitty" with you then perhaps it would be better for all concerned for you to just back off and not add to the stress.

I tried starting a thread on this but not being good with words it ended up fairly dismal. Seems like a good idea though, just not practical at this time, who knows why.
    Yes.....sometimes it's better to have a professional deal with PTSD symptoms....they vary.

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied
    Originally posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
    My brother was injured in Afghanistan (non war related) and has PTSD really bad. Weed never helped, I was always trying to get him to try different strains but he thinks about war a lot when he smokes. He actually got shitty with me because I told him I just haven't found the right strains for him but he believes weed will only make it worse.
    There are conditions that pot does not help in the least and there are people who cannot use marijuana in a safe and controlled manner. Period.
    It is not the strain of pot, it is the strain of person that is nonfunctional.
    One size has never fit all.
    If you are pushing your idea of a cure so hard that friends have to get "shitty" with you then perhaps it would be better for all concerned for you to just back off and not add to the stress.

I tried starting a thread on this but not being good with words it ended up fairly dismal. Seems like a good idea though, just not practical at this time, who knows why.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshineinabag
    replied
    I have a tactical pen in my jockstrap ouchie

Leave a comment:

• Mary57
    replied
    Originally posted by aridbud View Post
    I just trust you in a different way because I know enough about the internet to know that you, aridbud as an individual poster, and Afterthought Autos as a company, are trustworthy. Your posts suggests something different.
    Then we do have a problem. I have to stop posting for awhile. End of subject.

Your business is not a joke and you are not disposable.

Leave a comment:

• Mary57
    replied
    @sunshineinabag I don't care either and I bet you're a better driver than most of those doogie howsers out there who don't even know that "doogie howser" is a derogatory term.

I'd rather get in a car with you than with any Millenials I am unfortunate enough to know, no offense intended to any millenial who might be reading this because they are also part of the club that nobody wants to join.

I wasn't in Nam, it's just a "something like that" that maybe only people who actually were can understand. If you think I'm bad about my male cannabis plants, just don't ever ask me why I don't carry a smartphone or why I run around barefoot.

Just don't ask, lol. My doctor, my dispensary, and my auto breeder are all working on that diligently along with all of my medical AND recreational ladies, but in the meantime, I'm just a major piece of work and not really "friend" material for humans, lol.

It's just nice to have a safe place where I don't have to feel quite so all alone.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshineinabag
    replied
    I still scan rooftops......I don't care

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Well, the "immature" seeds you speak of will sprout....they really are not immature by any means. If you have a problem with germinating them by their appearance, then don't germinate them. There are others in your palm that will sprout, as well.

If you are complaining about seeds, TESTER seeds we sent, you are mistaken that they will not sprout. I just trust you in a different way because I know enough about the internet to know that you, aridbud as an individual poster, and Afterthought Autos as a company, are trustworthy. Your posts suggests something different.
    Last edited by aridbud; 02-02-2021, 19:59.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X