What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the PTSD forum.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
im glad you brought up the 'p' word weird. does anyone have personal experience treating ptsd with psychedelics? i am strongly considering a heroic dose of psilocybin but im terrified to do so without a caretaker.
Yes! I have read and seen about shroom clinical settings and apparently it cures more than just PTSD. I don't blame you wrt having a caretaker look after your trip for you. I have also seen data on peyote. They both go down to your inner soul to the root cause of your demons. For many, only one treatment is required.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yup! Saw that one too :) Not on the tube mind you, it was a link posted from Joe Rogan interview. Also from Mike's own website.

H G Griffin

420giveaway
I'll be following along and looking to learn.
After a lifetime of assuming I'm mentally healthy, I've begun to realize that I have a few screws that need tightening. While I am fortunate not to suffer to the extent many of you do, I've come to realize there is a bipolar aspect to me. I also believe I have some degree of PTSD due to the work I did for decades.

Now, since the pandemic, I have concerns about signs of agoraphobia.

I'm not worried about an impending break or anything like that, but I'm hoping to pick up a coping tool or two. Just knowing I'm not the only one dealing with this shit is comforting to a degree as well.

Wishing good health to all of you.

thailer

i hear some personal accounts of people saying it is helpful to them but i don't see the change myself in them. maybe i am critical but if you read about the studies done on mushrooms, like the john hopkins study, the people they select to study do not have severe mental illness and the only thing they can suffer from is mild depression IIRC. so i think the results that they get are not useful for the population as a whole and i don't think that info will happen for a little while. i think they just made it look safe enough to pass legislation to be able to do more therapy and research to get that data. i've tried shrooms once and took a pretty big dose i was told and i did not enjoy it one bit. i fried for like 16 hours straight and looked like deaths door when it was all over. i would highly suggest a caretaker if you do this for the first time. i've tried ecstasy which is similar sorta to MDMA which wasn't available like it is now when i was trying it. i would choose that over shrooms for therapeutic purposes any day. it is all feelings of love and acceptance and maybe forgiveness and all sorts of stuff people need in order to heal or move past stuff. all shrooms did is make the walls breath, lock my jaw so i couldn't speak, sweat so profusely my cloths were dripping wet and filled me with feelings of fear. so not everyone has a good experience i guess is my point.

for my anxiety i like to smoke mac1. been smoking for years and this cut is perfect. when i run out theres a big difference in my overall mood and people notice if i run out.

Veggia farmer

Set and setting thailer. Its clear you did take to much for you too handle in that situation. Always start low.

In the start of history ecstacy was MDMA then after the ban it changed. Not its incnsistent of what the ingredients are.

Now MDMA is often in powder/crystals.

It doesnt give people like changes that change you from one person to another, maybe for someone. But it can help you deal with the issues at hand.

When I do it, I often have a clear vision of what I want out of it. Not just random tripping....

thailer

the set and setting was fine. it was a friends house i felt comfortable at and with people i had been friends with for a long time. the person taking care of us wasn't doing shrooms and i was comfortable with them. everyone else enjoyed themselves and i was the only one with a bad trip.

ecstacy is mdma combined with heroin or speed. when i quit going to raves MDMA or Molly just came out and was starting to be offered. before that it was all E and you had to tell them if you wanted uppers or downers. i think it would be better if it was just pure mdma.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
i hear some personal accounts of people saying it is helpful to them but i don't see the change myself in them. maybe i am critical but if you read about the studies done on mushrooms, like the john hopkins study, the people they select to study do not have severe mental illness and the only thing they can suffer from is mild depression IIRC. so i think the results that they get are not useful for the population as a whole and i don't think that info will happen for a little while. i think they just made it look safe enough to pass legislation to be able to do more therapy and research to get that data. i've tried shrooms once and took a pretty big dose i was told and i did not enjoy it one bit. i fried for like 16 hours straight and looked like deaths door when it was all over. i would highly suggest a caretaker if you do this for the first time. i've tried ecstasy which is similar sorta to MDMA which wasn't available like it is now when i was trying it. i would choose that over shrooms for therapeutic purposes any day. it is all feelings of love and acceptance and maybe forgiveness and all sorts of stuff people need in order to heal or move past stuff. all shrooms did is make the walls breath, lock my jaw so i couldn't speak, sweat so profusely my cloths were dripping wet and filled me with feelings of fear. so not everyone has a good experience i guess is my point.

for my anxiety i like to smoke mac1. been smoking for years and this cut is perfect. when i run out theres a big difference in my overall mood and people notice if i run out.
Just like cannabis, shrooms aren't created equal. There are many varieties and, just like cannabis, people react to strains differently.

Sunshineinabag

I guess my biggest advice is explore things that encourage laughter and happiness if you go heroic. Your rational seems sound to me.....may the force be with you jedi

Sunshineinabag

I'll be following along and looking to learn.
After a lifetime of assuming I'm mentally healthy, I've begun to realize that I have a few screws that need tightening. While I am fortunate not to suffer to the extent many of you do, I've come to realize there is a bipolar aspect to me. I also believe I have some degree of PTSD due to the work I did for decades.

Now, since the pandemic, I have concerns about signs of agoraphobia.

I'm not worried about an impending break or anything like that, but I'm hoping to pick up a coping tool or two. Just knowing I'm not the only one dealing with this shit is comforting to a degree as well.

Wishing good health to all of you.

Imagine if you will........not wanting to go outside ...... and when doing so always scoping rooftops or alleyways....never ever fuken sit in the middle of a public place esp restaurants... always grab a wall that faces the entrance. Constantly eying civilian pop hoping one is "froggy" hagi..

.pushing everyone who cares away because being a psychotic asshole sure beats dealing with internal pain and the guilt of being alive when better men aren't..........having a commraderie that was bonded closer then my blood family ........I miss it.
Society is an interesting television show eh?

Keep on keeping on folks:party:

H G Griffin

420giveaway
Imagine if you will........not wanting to go outside ...... and when doing so always scoping rooftops or alleyways....never ever fuken sit in the middle of a public place esp restaurants... always grab a wall that faces the entrance. Constantly eying civilian pop hoping one is "froggy" hagi..

.pushing everyone who cares away because being a psychotic asshole sure beats dealing with internal pain and the guilt of being alive when better men aren't..........having a commraderie that was bonded closer then my blood family ........I miss it.

Ever since a civic New Years Eve celebration where I noticed the various police sniper teams on rooftops surrounding the celebration, for "our safety", I avoid crowds even more than before. Louis L'amour westerns had already taught me to sit with my back to the wall by the time I was 10. My life that followed reinforced that behaviour.

As for guilt about who gets to live, or suffer, or die, or get rich, I gave that shit up long ago. What has happened has happened and will not change. Looking for some mythical karmic justice will drive you insane, because it doesn't exist.

Assholes can become rich and famous, good people can suffer horribly. Every living thing eventually becomes something else's food.

While some find that depressing, I find it incredibly liberating. I owe no allegiance to any "greater purpose", so I am free to craft my own life as I choose.

I hope you are able to find your own path to well-being.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I guess my biggest advice is explore things that encourage laughter and happiness if you go heroic. Your rational seems sound to me.....may the force be with you jedi
Shroms clinics AFAIC treat what your stated ails you. e.g the Drs, folks running the place chose x, y, z.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

Shit! I'm on a bad acid trip! LOL

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I appreciate your effort to create this forum, Slim. I'll be following in hopes others who suffer as I do can share what helps.

I suffer as a result of an abusive father when young, and smelling, hearing and seeing things that no one should have to as an adult. Life's been a horror show in too many ways.

For me small stress (worry) leads to big stress. Fight or flight stress. When stressed I can't think. I avoid stress at all costs. Very insignificant things can trigger the stress cycle. Stress wears into depression. Nothing is interesting. Nothing to look forward to. I wake and try to break up the day into manageable parts to get back to sleep again and not feel. Thank god I don't have the nightmares I should.

Since this is a pot board, I'm mostly interested in genetics that calm and uplift. I realize there's a lot more to treating PTSD than just findng that one special plant that feels like the opposite of daily symptoms. But that would be enough for me.

I like Indica leaning strains for the whole body relaxation and soothing feeling. Also edibles are soothing and relaxing.

Pot has a way of reducing dreams, and I bet nightmares are also affected.

Stress is a killer. There are various kinds of stress, none good IMO. I am going through a different kind right now, releasing a different chemical, which I can feel. The threat and the fight back reaction puts out something different than adrenalin. Maybe Testosterone. Pot doesn't help it.

A friend has PTSD from the wars in the ME - 100% disabled. Pot helps him a lot, but he has real reactions to sudden loud noises, such as me slapping half of the grinder on the rolling tray to clear the grindings - sounds like a shot. He also has a very hard time controlling the reaction I am going through right now.

I certainly would not wanna trip on anything but a clear happy head, and a nice day. Tripping with this reaction I have going on would be negative.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Here's some very recent articles related to MDMA assisted therapy for PTSD. MAPS themselves have a lot of interesting information related to the use of psychedelics in therapy, if you guys are serious about using these types of drugs I'd strongly suggest reading through it.

https://maps.org/research/mdma

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7218633/ (MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for people diagnosed with treatment-resistant PTSD: what it is and what it isn’t)

https://psychopharmacologyinstitute.com/section/the-use-of-mdma-for-ptsd-2064-4163

:smoke out:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
As a commercial grower half of every crop went to veterans with PTSD.

Last edited: