Welcome to the PTSD forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creeperpark View Post
    The best treatment for PTSD is to have a garden somewhere. The same goes for a Therapist, Mother Nature, and going in the woods. Year round there was always something one could do outside. Since I can't go onto the woods anymore because my handicap, I do setting meditation every morning and that helps a lot. Stopping and taking time to focus on the present moment, and counting my blessings. Everything changes. 😎
    Right after a heavy rain......first light dawn......

Comment

There's always one rule of thumb PTSD people must never forget no matter what! Never forget the phrase, don't kill the "Mother Fucker" no matter what! Your life will never be the same again if you do! Sometimes it's hard but Pray for them instead for lasting peace. 😎

Comment

Just taking it easy and taking care of myself is the most important part of PTSD therapy. Since I can't go camping in the woods anymore I brought the campsite to me. I can sleep in the rain, in a rainstorm or in the open under the stars cold or hot. It is so nice to be able to stay outdoors all the time. My hammock even has a place for my vaporizer. Just taking it easy and hanging.😎

Comment

I can't forget my therapy dog and his friends. They are with me 24/7 and help me practice patience. 😎

Comment

Every single day, 22 veterans take their own lives. That’s 22 suicides a day, a suicide every 65 minutes. As shocking as that number is, the real number may actually be higher. If you know someone that has PTSD and a war vet, listen to them carefully and take them seriously. 😎

Comment

One of the good things about living one day at a time is if this one didn't go well, we always have tomorrow and can start over new. The same goes for last year and the new year. Happy New Year everyone and GOD bless all of you. 😎

Comment

Every single day, 22 veterans take their own lives. That’s 22 suicides a day, a suicide every 65 minutes. As shocking as that number is, the real number may actually be higher. If you know someone that has PTSD and a war vet, listen to them carefully and take them seriously. 😎
                In 2010 I was devastated when I found an article stating 300,000 of my fellow Vietnam vets had taken there on lives. That exceeded battlefield casualties by 5 fold. STAGGERING!!

This horrific statistic must be laid at the feet of the ineffective Veterans Administration health care system. It suffers from systemic failure at all levels.

I was deemed 100% disabled for PTSD and been on mood stabilizing drugs since 1992. Cannabis has been of great help but I find pharmaceuticals still necessary for break through episodes.

Our local VA clinic is staffed by a band of traveling troubadours, never seeing the same physician twice.

The first of last year my regularly scheduled psychiatric appointment was conducted via phone with a doctor I’d never met. In his infinite wisdom he theorized my malady wasn’t due to PTSD but rather low testosterone levels and sleep apnea and recommended I seek treatment for his new diagnosis outside the VA network. He refused to renew 2 prescriptions I had been relying on for nearly 30 years. Cold turkey withdrawal from drugs that should be stopped gradually resulted in a 3 day hospital stay for severe a-fib. The attending cardiologist was appalled by my psychiatrist’s action and said the resulting stress brought on by lack of the meds were probably the culprit.

My story is, unfortunately, not unique. You don’t have to look far to find gross malpractice from these so-called doctors that are incapable of making it in the private practice environment and find refuge behind the protective cloak of the VA health care system !!!

Its an appalling situation that needs to be remedied.
                BOOCOO’S DIARY
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368192

Comment

Happy new year boys. I'm here if ya wanna talk

Comment

https://open.spotify.com/track/2NVpY...link:flowers2:

Comment

Originally posted by Boocoodinkydow View Post

In 2010 I was devastated when I found an article stating 300,000 of my fellow Vietnam vets had taken there on lives. That exceeded battlefield casualties by 5 fold. STAGGERING!!

This horrific statistic must be laid at the feet of the ineffective Veterans Administration health care system. It suffers from systemic failure at all levels.

I was deemed 100% disabled for PTSD and been on mood stabilizing drugs since 1992. Cannabis has been of great help but I find pharmaceuticals still necessary for break through episodes.

Our local VA clinic is staffed by a band of traveling troubadours, never seeing the same physician twice.

The first of last year my regularly scheduled psychiatric appointment was conducted via phone with a doctor I’d never met. In his infinite wisdom he theorized my malady wasn’t due to PTSD but rather low testosterone levels and sleep apnea and recommended I seek treatment for his new diagnosis outside the VA network. He refused to renew 2 prescriptions I had been relying on for nearly 30 years. Cold turkey withdrawal from drugs that should be stopped gradually resulted in a 3 day hospital stay for severe a-fib. The attending cardiologist was appalled by my psychiatrist’s action and said the resulting stress brought on by lack of the meds were probably the culprit.

My story is, unfortunately, not unique. You don’t have to look far to find gross malpractice from these so-called doctors that are incapable of making it in the private practice environment and find refuge behind the protective cloak of the VA health care system !!!

Its an appalling situation that needs to be remedied.
                      Any aversion one carries only hurts the one carrying it. Accepting the moment can be hard when it comes to some realities you don't like, my friend. Non-accepting won't change anything and hurts the one carrying the resentment.. PTSD people do better when they're not angry at someone or something. My RX for PTSD is to stay present and not allow too much distance between where I am and my mind at the moment. I'm powerless over those Dr's. at the VA and all that other stuff, but I'm not powerless from staying present. I spend as little time as I can thinking about the things I'm powerless over, and more time thinking on things that are in my and my loved one's best interests. Those people above committed suicide on a life long before they ever pulled the trigger. There's always hope and a chance if one really tries and works with things in the present. Quitters never Win, & Winners never Quit. 😎

Comment

If I know a Vet and I see a change in their normal behaviors there may be a need for concern. Trying to make things right in a confusing world can be daunting to someone that's missing parts of their body and is scared every day. "That's mostly the reason why RX meds are given at the VA. for PTSD"Sometimes the fear is over the smallest things, thinking they are big, and not knowing it's small. Fear can be the enemy when it gets out of control because it can change into other emotions. Staying present helps me more than anything else managing my PTSD. No meds for me and you don't have to watch me because I'm ok today and I hope you are too. . 😎

Comment

My journey into PTSD started in 1968. thinking I was a zero but not knowing of PTSD.. I never did heroin or extacy. Did 'have' some crack in a joint provided by an asshole that didn't tell me of the 'extra' in that joint. It led to my 'never do crack' position. BUT you name it I did the rest of them with PLENTY of alcohol. Much of the time on my Harley, going down the road oblivious to reality. I'm surprised I'm still here.

I guess I do not have an OCD personality because today, I vape weed and oil (<legally and illegally).
                          Having couple beers but weekly instead of hourly. I danced with the devil in Nam and lived thru the drug & alcohol years.
                          I try to not dwell on that part of my past. At 74, it's gym 3 times a week and golf 3 times a week (BTW, the oil vape pen is great on the golf course.) The VA.. yes doctors come and go quickly, the last 2 doctors I had for 2&1 years before they retired the next just wasn't good. .. There are very few 'vets' that work in the WPB VA hospital, mostly contractors that aren't in the game with vets problems..
                          OTOH, most services from the VA (except the revolving door of 'Primary' doctors have been good). My PTSD is tweaked by the telephone hell they put you thru when returning a call from them with no msg telling me/us what the call was about. Pain management BLOWS though.
                          Sorry for the rant... wait, no I'm not.
                          Snook

Comment

100% PTSD, I'd think one would still be 'being observed at a facility' Baker acted..
                            70% PTSD and the given 20% unemployability. Getting to 100%.
                            Any way, it's a strange malady, PTSD.. sometimes rage, some times depression.. it blows.
                            Snook

Comment

To be honest, I appreciate the little monthly check I get every month from them, but that's it, I stay away from all the rest. I may be hurting my self but I think I can do better without Veterans Dr's. recommending medications I have to take for the rest of my life. If I vape weed I'm non-compliant in their view even though it's the only thing that helps. The good LORD put some medication in my hands that does the trick without all those side effects. Sometimes I get used to the weed I vape and have to change to another weed or try a couple of tries before ringing the bell. Things are good, I'm still here one day at a time.
                              Winners never Quit!!😎

Comment

To be honest, I appreciate the little monthly check I get every month from them, but that's it, I stay away from all the rest. I may be hurting my self but I think I can do better without Veterans Dr's. recommending medications I have to take for the rest of my life. If I vape weed I'm non-compliant in their view even though it's the only thing that helps. The good LORD put some medication in my hands that does the trick without all those side effects. Sometimes I get used to the weed I vape and have to change to another weed or try a couple of tries before ringing the bell. Things are good, I'm still here one day at a time.
                                Winners never Quit!!😎
                                Brother, I understand your position BUT one doesn't 'have' to take what they prescribe.. but some of it does do good.
                                They did a cataract procedure not long ago, didn't think it was necessary but under their advisement did do it and it is amazing
                                how much clearer and brighter in that eye is. Been getting high for 50+ years.. sometimes the lord needs a little help to ease the pain.
                                and dont tell them you get high, even if its legal in your state, it rubs them the wrong way.
                                Snook

Comment

Working...
                                X