Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Moe
    replied
    Thanks Slim for starting this thread and also to everyone for their input. I've been affected by trauma disorder for 45 of my 55 years but only for the last 15 have I begun to understand CPTSD. Such a variety of paths that put us here but at the end of the day the debilitating effects are quite similar. Recovery in my case has been elusive but the role that weed has played during a lifetime of coping has been profoundly appreciated. Much respect to Gypsy for hosting this site and to all the members for their contributions.

Leave a comment:

• Galvano
    replied
    You're welcome

Leave a comment:

• billy_big_bud!
    replied
    most definitely. thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Galvano
    replied
    If you read it let me know what you think.

Leave a comment:

• billy_big_bud!
    replied
    im delighted to discover my local library has the book. really looking forward to checking it out.

Leave a comment:

• billy_big_bud!
    replied
    @Galvano. thanks for your input and suggestions. i will definitely check out that book. i have heard it mentioned before but it slipped my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Galvano
    replied
    Originally posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
    my problem is my current mental state is so low that a trip scares me without having someone to be the voice of reason
    I believe the key word is "assisted" as in "psychedelic assisted therapy", it is advisable to have a psychotherapist to guide you through the path, I won't try to heal myself just by taking psychedelic (not the first few times, at least).

In this regard I would recommend reading Michael Pollan's "How to change your mind", the first chapters are a historical reconstruction of use (therapeutic and recreational) of psychedelics in western culture, from the 1950s to the present day. There's also a chapter on the author's experiences (with clandestine "guides") but the chapters that I found most interesting are "The Neuroscience: Your Brain on Psychedelics" and "The Trip Treatment: Psychedelics in Psychotherapy".

I found this book truly enlightening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Change_Your_Mind
    https://michaelpollan.com/books/how-...nge-your-mind/

Just my 2 cents.

Forgive my english ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Phaeton
    replied
    As a commercial grower half of every crop went to veterans with PTSD.
    Last edited by Phaeton; 11-01-2020, 05:46. Reason: new thread

Leave a comment:

• Brother Nature
    replied
    Here's some very recent articles related to MDMA assisted therapy for PTSD. MAPS themselves have a lot of interesting information related to the use of psychedelics in therapy, if you guys are serious about using these types of drugs I'd strongly suggest reading through it.

https://maps.org/research/mdma

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7218633/ (MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for people diagnosed with treatment-resistant PTSD: what it is and what it isn’t)

https://psychopharmacologyinstitute.co m/section/the-use-of-mdma-for-ptsd-2064-4163

Leave a comment:

• Bean Sprout
    replied
    Originally posted by Veggia farmer View Post
    I like the pictures and post you had before too. I was just too tired and stoned too respond last night. Late night harvest here
    Thanks Veggia farmer. My anxiety caused me to edit my post. PTSD sucks
    Last edited by Bean Sprout; 11-02-2020, 06:16.

Leave a comment:

• Veggia farmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean Sprout View Post
    Thanks for making this thread Slim Pickens.
    I like the pictures and post you had before too I was just too tired and stoned too respond last night. Late night harvest here

Leave a comment:

• Bean Sprout
    replied
    Thanks for making this thread Slim Pickens.
    Last edited by Bean Sprout; 10-31-2020, 04:11.

Leave a comment:

• flylowgethigh
    replied
    Originally posted by przcvctm View Post
    I appreciate your effort to create this forum, Slim. I'll be following in hopes others who suffer as I do can share what helps.

I suffer as a result of an abusive father when young, and smelling, hearing and seeing things that no one should have to as an adult. Life's been a horror show in too many ways.

For me small stress (worry) leads to big stress. Fight or flight stress. When stressed I can't think. I avoid stress at all costs. Very insignificant things can trigger the stress cycle. Stress wears into depression. Nothing is interesting. Nothing to look forward to. I wake and try to break up the day into manageable parts to get back to sleep again and not feel. Thank god I don't have the nightmares I should.

Since this is a pot board, I'm mostly interested in genetics that calm and uplift. I realize there's a lot more to treating PTSD than just findng that one special plant that feels like the opposite of daily symptoms. But that would be enough for me.
    I like Indica leaning strains for the whole body relaxation and soothing feeling. Also edibles are soothing and relaxing.

Pot has a way of reducing dreams, and I bet nightmares are also affected.

Stress is a killer. There are various kinds of stress, none good IMO. I am going through a different kind right now, releasing a different chemical, which I can feel. The threat and the fight back reaction puts out something different than adrenalin. Maybe Testosterone. Pot doesn't help it.

A friend has PTSD from the wars in the ME - 100% disabled. Pot helps him a lot, but he has real reactions to sudden loud noises, such as me slapping half of the grinder on the rolling tray to clear the grindings - sounds like a shot. He also has a very hard time controlling the reaction I am going through right now.

I certainly would not wanna trip on anything but a clear happy head, and a nice day. Tripping with this reaction I have going on would be negative.
    Last edited by flylowgethigh; 10-30-2020, 23:08.

Leave a comment:

• Switcher56
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
    Imagine if you will........not wanting to go outside ...... and when doing so always scoping rooftops or alleyways....never ever fuken sit in the middle of a public place esp restaurants... always grab a wall that faces the entrance. Constantly eying civilian pop hoping one is "froggy" hagi..

.pushing everyone who cares away because being a psychotic asshole sure beats dealing with internal pain and the guilt of being alive when better men aren't..........having a commraderie that was bonded closer then my blood family ........I miss it.
    Society is an interesting television show eh?

Keep on keeping on folks
    Shit! I'm on a bad acid trip! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Switcher56
    replied
    Originally posted by Sunshineinabag View Post
    I guess my biggest advice is explore things that encourage laughter and happiness if you go heroic. Your rational seems sound to me.....may the force be with you jedi
    Shroms clinics AFAIC treat what your stated ails you. e.g the Drs, folks running the place chose x, y, z.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X