No announcement yet.

Welcome to the PTSD forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been a few studies with MDMA and PTSD patients that have resulted in positive outcomes. I'd imagine LSD and the like would also help given how well thy bring up latent thoughts and feelings. I'll try and find the study and link it.
    "No Nation has ever benefited
    From a protracted war"
    -Sun Tzu

Comment

Terrified is good.

I would suggest exercising caution.Last thing we would want is more damage to the psyche.But,I don't know mushrooms either.I have just become more cautious as I have grown older.

The longer I spend trimming,the broader my definition of "Larf" becomes.
      I Blue my mind.

Comment

from everything i have read psychedelics are a game changer when it comes to treating mental illness. for me the problem is i have come to understand that your mental state prior to tripping has a significant impact on the direction of your trip. similar to alcohol. if you are in a great mood and go to the bar you will likely have a pleasant evening. if you go to the bar after getting fired and finding out your wife cheated on you chances are you will end up in the parking lot throwing fists. my problem is my current mental state is so low that a trip scares me without having someone to be the voice of reason. bottom line though is they are supposed to be the next big things for those suffering from mental illness.
        an OUNCE of prevention is worth a POUND of cured ...... anyone that doesnt like cannabis just hasnt tried the right strain.

Comment

Yep, I have been doing it quite some with psychedelics. The last trauma from childhood came in to my consciousness under a trip on HWBW. That came one week after I moved a little bit further away from everyone I knew. I moved away because the mushrooms "told" me earlier that I should do so. Im a little stoned so wont go so deep now because english is not my first language... But yes, experinece a little... I still "need" a trip once in awhile.

Its a lot about set and setting, you know? I got interested in stuff because of exactly this. It have given me insight about past, about my self and more about other people too.

I had an short fuse before. Or when Im tired now too. I noticed in my teens that I overreacted to certain situations. Then I realised that there has to be something more underneath. It sure was.

MDMA, LSD, shrooms, cacti etc all of the "classic" ones can help. Atleast for me

But I also ate amanitas, had good experince with Salvi D. too and so on

First time I ate shrooms I ate a little over a hundred fresh Liberty caps. Can definatly suggest a tripsitter, at least at heroic doses And everyone should(!) start low the first times. To get to know it a little. We all react different. Its not for every soul.
          Hehe

Comment

Billy, my personal opinion and experience is to "maybe" combined it with MDMA..? I have had some changes in my life lately and I needed too see past my "hung up ego. but too nerves about just mushrooms alone. I have some hard trips with shrooms before, more then the others... Not bad, just hard So, if you take some MDMA first you get on the "love/X" vibe before the shrooms comes to play and draw you deeper in to the sub-consciousness.
            Hehe

Comment

interesting approach. i have never heard that idea before. something to consider. thanks.
              an OUNCE of prevention is worth a POUND of cured ...... anyone that doesnt like cannabis just hasnt tried the right strain.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_big_bud! View Post
                im glad you brought up the 'p' word weird. does anyone have personal experience treating ptsd with psychedelics? i am strongly considering a heroic dose of psilocybin but im terrified to do so without a caretaker.
                Yes! I have read and seen about shroom clinical settings and apparently it cures more than just PTSD. I don't blame you wrt having a caretaker look after your trip for you. I have also seen data on peyote. They both go down to your inner soul to the root cause of your demons. For many, only one treatment is required.
                Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
                but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
                the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
                may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

from all of my research to date the number one psychedelic for a life changing experience hands down would be be toad venom. it pretty much turned mike tyson from a raging bull into a kitty cat. here is one of the more interesting examples i have encountered..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Tsc5aL1G4.

Comment

Yup! Saw that one too Not on the tube mind you, it was a link posted from Joe Rogan interview. Also from Mike's own website.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

I'll be following along and looking to learn.
                      After a lifetime of assuming I'm mentally healthy, I've begun to realize that I have a few screws that need tightening. While I am fortunate not to suffer to the extent many of you do, I've come to realize there is a bipolar aspect to me. I also believe I have some degree of PTSD due to the work I did for decades.

Now, since the pandemic, I have concerns about signs of agoraphobia.

I'm not worried about an impending break or anything like that, but I'm hoping to pick up a coping tool or two. Just knowing I'm not the only one dealing with this shit is comforting to a degree as well.

Wishing good health to all of you.

Comment

i hear some personal accounts of people saying it is helpful to them but i don't see the change myself in them. maybe i am critical but if you read about the studies done on mushrooms, like the john hopkins study, the people they select to study do not have severe mental illness and the only thing they can suffer from is mild depression IIRC. so i think the results that they get are not useful for the population as a whole and i don't think that info will happen for a little while. i think they just made it look safe enough to pass legislation to be able to do more therapy and research to get that data. i've tried shrooms once and took a pretty big dose i was told and i did not enjoy it one bit. i fried for like 16 hours straight and looked like deaths door when it was all over. i would highly suggest a caretaker if you do this for the first time. i've tried ecstasy which is similar sorta to MDMA which wasn't available like it is now when i was trying it. i would choose that over shrooms for therapeutic purposes any day. it is all feelings of love and acceptance and maybe forgiveness and all sorts of stuff people need in order to heal or move past stuff. all shrooms did is make the walls breath, lock my jaw so i couldn't speak, sweat so profusely my cloths were dripping wet and filled me with feelings of fear. so not everyone has a good experience i guess is my point.

for my anxiety i like to smoke mac1. been smoking for years and this cut is perfect. when i run out theres a big difference in my overall mood and people notice if i run out.
                        Bigger Britches For My Ladies (2021-current)
                        Thai's Blooper Reel ~ 2018-2021

Some days you eat the bear; other days the bear...well...he eats you.

Comment

Set and setting thailer. Its clear you did take to much for you too handle in that situation. Always start low.

In the start of history ecstacy was MDMA then after the ban it changed. Not its incnsistent of what the ingredients are.

Now MDMA is often in powder/crystals.

It doesnt give people like changes that change you from one person to another, maybe for someone. But it can help you deal with the issues at hand.

When I do it, I often have a clear vision of what I want out of it. Not just random tripping....
                          Hehe

Comment

the set and setting was fine. it was a friends house i felt comfortable at and with people i had been friends with for a long time. the person taking care of us wasn't doing shrooms and i was comfortable with them. everyone else enjoyed themselves and i was the only one with a bad trip.

ecstacy is mdma combined with heroin or speed. when i quit going to raves MDMA or Molly just came out and was starting to be offered. before that it was all E and you had to tell them if you wanted uppers or downers. i think it would be better if it was just pure mdma.
                            Bigger Britches For My Ladies (2021-current)
                            Thai's Blooper Reel ~ 2018-2021

Some days you eat the bear; other days the bear...well...he eats you.

Comment

Originally posted by thailer View Post
                              i hear some personal accounts of people saying it is helpful to them but i don't see the change myself in them. maybe i am critical but if you read about the studies done on mushrooms, like the john hopkins study, the people they select to study do not have severe mental illness and the only thing they can suffer from is mild depression IIRC. so i think the results that they get are not useful for the population as a whole and i don't think that info will happen for a little while. i think they just made it look safe enough to pass legislation to be able to do more therapy and research to get that data. i've tried shrooms once and took a pretty big dose i was told and i did not enjoy it one bit. i fried for like 16 hours straight and looked like deaths door when it was all over. i would highly suggest a caretaker if you do this for the first time. i've tried ecstasy which is similar sorta to MDMA which wasn't available like it is now when i was trying it. i would choose that over shrooms for therapeutic purposes any day. it is all feelings of love and acceptance and maybe forgiveness and all sorts of stuff people need in order to heal or move past stuff. all shrooms did is make the walls breath, lock my jaw so i couldn't speak, sweat so profusely my cloths were dripping wet and filled me with feelings of fear. so not everyone has a good experience i guess is my point.

for my anxiety i like to smoke mac1. been smoking for years and this cut is perfect. when i run out theres a big difference in my overall mood and people notice if i run out.
                              Just like cannabis, shrooms aren't created equal. There are many varieties and, just like cannabis, people react to strains differently.

Comment

I guess my biggest advice is explore things that encourage laughter and happiness if you go heroic. Your rational seems sound to me.....may the force be with you jedi

Comment

Working...
                                X