Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBD buds - are they worth it?

So my first grow in coco only didn´t work out. All babies died on me :(

I´ve recently been looking into CBD only buds -no THC and the prices are f*cking insane!!! the lowst price is around 12 Eur or more for a single gram

Last time I bought real weed in my town it was 8 Eur per gram. (but that was total rubbish stuff...)

So my question to those who´ve tried them, be it smoking, eating etc, are they worth buying?

I would have it in the evening to help me relax and maybe go to sleep. I already have a prescrition med for this purpose but I´d like to use less of it.

what kind of effect in general can I expect from cbd buds?

IMO, not very good deal at that price. In the states I recently got a pound of trim and a QP of flower (total about 600 gr) of 20% CBD, 0.3% THC, was about $100 US, delivered by mail. I added the trim to cannabutter, and the CBD seems to have modulated the THC effect in the edible. Sleep seems to be a little sounder. I will make separate CBD and THC cookies next.
    ______________________________ __________________________
    Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
      IMO, not very good deal at that price. In the states I recently got a pound of trim and a QP of flower (total about 600 gr) of 20% CBD, 0.3% THC, was about $100 US, delivered by mail. I added the trim to cannabutter, and the CBD seems to have modulated the THC effect in the edible. Sleep seems to be a little sounder. I will make separate CBD and THC cookies next.
      thanks, that is a huge difference in price indeed! Trouble is, that´s what they cost over here. I have checked several places and they all charge a fortune :(

I think I´ll spend the little cash I have on restocking my supplements instead, at least for the time being.

Comment

Maybe look for a strong sleep inducing indica?

CBD flowers did not do anything for me. They didn't make me tired, or anything but un-high I guess is the best description. I grew cannatonic. Tasted like pink lemonade but the effect was zero of any kind.

A nice strong indica is great for sleep if that's the effect you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Beans View Post
          Maybe look for a strong sleep inducing indica?

CBD flowers did not do anything for me. They didn't make me tired, or anything but un-high I guess is the best description. I grew cannatonic. Tasted like pink lemonade but the effect was zero of any kind.

A nice strong indica is great for sleep if that's the effect you seek.
          thanks, did it relax you in any way? Some people say it does that but I´m wondering if it´s just a placebo effect because those people never tried the real stuff.

Comment

Straight CBD did diddly for me. That is why I use and grow CBD strains. OTOH a 0.5ml squirt under the tongue when you green out will bring you down, quite nicely.

Some people understand when you tell them,
            not to piss on an electric fence,
            others have to find out for themselves. ~ Im'one

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
            but be prepared for the worst.

Civilization is the history of conspiracy!
            What is civilization but, a conspiracy,
            for all of us to do better, working together!
            ~Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
            but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

sigpic

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
            the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
            may their arms be too short to scratch..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
              thanks, did it relax you in any way? Some people say it does that but I´m wondering if it´s just a placebo effect because those people never tried the real stuff.

most CBD varietals are Sativa lineages like that Cannatonic mentioned above ... there are now OG kush CBD only varietals available ETC... I mix CBD weed with nmy THC weed now about a 50 50 blend or even more CBD sometimes than THC ..
              ordered a QP from redwood reserves ... got the golden redwood
              what matters happens!!

Comment

Grow 2 kinds of strains with different THC/CBD profiles until you find something that works for you.
                Terpene Amplification

Comment

Originally posted by troutman View Post
                  Grow 2 kinds of strains with different THC/CBD profiles until you find something that works for you.
                  Yes, trout said exactly what I was going to suggest! And cuddles, grow a hemp strain and a photoperiod using 12 on, 12 off light regimen from the get go. Within margin of error, both will finish in about ~3+ months.

We have several 1:1 strains, mainly developed for myself (and others, managing pain, depression, etc.), yet not in your neck of the woods, across the pond.

Look for a photoperiod strain in UK that has ~equal thc/CBD.

The beauty of growing the CBD hemp strain and the photop, you can use them separately, using CBD alone, which has many benefits. Add to coffee or tea in the morning, a crushed bud. Make tincture, capsules, balms.

You can't go wrong with CBD. I think you need a terpene profile that has flavor. The nasty smoke hemp those mention- the fields were taken too early for harvest.

Something to consider, a winter project in a closet....
                  ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                  "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                  We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aridbud View Post

You can't go wrong with CBD. I think you need a terpene profile that has flavor. The nasty smoke hemp those mention- the fields were taken too early for harvest.

I had the same impression, especially in the flower. It doesn't vape well at all.

I keep thinking of the Lebanese landrace Dubi had in 2018, which the seeds ranged from 1:1 to 30:1, I think in the same run. People got high off of blonde Leb hash, didn't they?

There is an added component to the high when CBD is in the mix, that's for sure..
                    Last edited by flylowgethigh; 12-10-2020, 16:56.
                    ______________________________ __________________________
                    Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

Also, having 2 strains with different THC/CBD profiles allows you to mix them to make a custom product.
                      Terpene Amplification

Comment

Originally posted by aridbud View Post
                        Yes, trout said exactly what I was going to suggest! And cuddles, grow a hemp strain and a photoperiod using 12 on, 12 off light regimen from the get go. Within margin of error, both will finish in about ~3+ months.

We have several 1:1 strains, mainly developed for myself (and others, managing pain, depression, etc.), yet not in your neck of the woods, across the pond.

Look for a photoperiod strain in UK that has ~equal thc/CBD.

The beauty of growing the CBD hemp strain and the photop, you can use them separately, using CBD alone, which has many benefits. Add to coffee or tea in the morning, a crushed bud. Make tincture, capsules, balms.

thanks, trouble is I don´t have a proper indoor set up anymore. I did find my vegging lights and I´ve been keeping an eye out for nice autos.
                        For proper photoperiod ones, well I have to wait for the next summer :(

btw, one of the first strains ever for me was orange bud, a hybrid, and it worked very well for me at night and it also made a nice daytime smoke too.

the cbd buds I can buy legally here have no thc whatsover :(

being able to mixmex your meds sounds really good

Comment

btw, has anyone ever grown autos under vegging lights only?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles View Post
                            btw, has anyone ever grown autos under vegging lights only?
                            How much wattage? Lumens? Fluoro tubes? What do you mean by "vegging lights"?
                            ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                            "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                            We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 autoflowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                            sigpic

Comment

Have a friend with a daughter who deals with seizure issues. High CBD cannabis works as well as the meds for her with less concern for side effects.
                              That which matters most

Comment

Working...
                              X