What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD buds - are they worth it?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi aribud, they look like this and it says :

65w cool daylight
220-240v-50-60Hz
I bought this donkeys years ago but this is what I used back when I was still using my growing tent.

Can you run three? That would work. Back in the mid 80's in Reno, NV, we used a bank of shop fluoro tubes vertically (4 FT.) and 2 on top for 6 plants. 6 total in a basement. Worked great!! You need to supplement additives - at that time, it was MG and bat guano).

Maybe something like below you can get at hardware stores on line. Doesn't break the bank. Good for 2-3 containers, properly placed.

Attachments

• abe878fc-eecc-4559-96b7-6c3121ab76d4.e8fdaf1362adb0eaf00d81e83dc82742.jpeg
    abe878fc-eecc-4559-96b7-6c3121ab76d4.e8fdaf1362adb0eaf00d81e83dc82742.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 101
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 102

Cuddles

Can you run three? That would work. Back in the mid 80's in Reno, NV, we used a bank of shop fluoro tubes vertically (4 FT.) and 2 on top for 6 plants. 6 total in a basement. Worked great!! You need to supplement additives - at that time, it was MG and bat guano).

Maybe something like below you can get at hardware stores on line. Doesn't break the bank. Good for 2-3 containers, properly placed.
thanks. sadly I only have the possibility of using just he one. should that not be enough for 2-3 autos ? maybe i just have to wait till spring time after all and put them out on the balcony or by the door... :(

Cuddles

I've tried CBD flower purchased online and am convinced that besides tasting like hay, it gave me CHS. I was inundated with intense nausea which only went away went I ceased smoking/vaping it. God knows what they spray on that stuff. If you want to go down the CBD route, grow your own. I had good results with Dead Lights by TGA Subcool, but with his unfortunate passing, I'm not sure how available the seeds are.

in the past some of my weed has tasted like that too. But in my case it was just badly cured? I certainly never sprayed my plants with any crap.

Green Squall

in the past some of my weed has tasted like that too. But in my case it was just badly cured? I certainly never sprayed my plants with any crap.

That, or dried too fast. The chlorophyll can get locked up leading to harsh smoke and little smell. This happened a few winters back and I ended up using it all for hash.

Thomas Bradlly

To be honest, I've been using CBD buds for a while now. But I can already say with confidence that it is worth it. I have previously tried CBD oil, gummies, and other versions of products containing cannabis. But this option pleasantly surprised me. I spent a huge amount of time to find a really high-quality product. And now for 6 months I have been using My moms old tampons*

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuddles

thanks, what kind of an effect does smoking cbd bud have? I´m looking for something that relaxes me. I don´t want a couchlock though.
Did you notice a difference in strains, othe rthan the fact that some have a higher cbd content? I don´t want a couchlock though.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
They have 1/8ths of CBD buds in jars down at the corner store. Nobody buys it. Some people here swear by CBD buds...like it gives them the same effects that regular good buds are supposed to give you. CBD bud won't get you high. It can't give you couchlock I think. Some people probably say it does. Not sure what the story is. I smoke 3 smaller bowls of good cannabis every hour or two starting as soon as I get up until I go to bed. At night I smoke G13hashplant. At least for a few weeks. Glad CBD buds work for some people. :dance:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
They have 1/8ths of CBD buds in jars down at the corner store. Nobody buys it. Some people here swear by CBD buds...like it gives them the same effects that regular good buds are supposed to give you. CBD bud won't get you high. It can't give you couchlock I think. Some people probably say it does. Not sure what the story is. I smoke 3 smaller bowls of good cannabis every hour or two starting as soon as I get up until I go to bed. At night I smoke G13hashplant. At least for a few weeks. Glad CBD buds work for some people. :dance:
Trust me Doober, CBD "cannabis" strains will get you high. That being said CBD from hemp wont!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
are they worth it? depends on why you buy them. smoking a bowl of high-CBD helps me sleep, with less arthritic pain in shoulders. only got a buzz once; that bud out of a CBD purchase LOOKED different than the others, smelled different, & fucked me up.:) i suspect possibly a prank by someone where it was packaged, or "maybe" my youngest son. he has a sense of humor that could explain it...:tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
are they worth it? depends on why you buy them. smoking a bowl of high-CBD helps me sleep, with less arthritic pain in shoulders. only got a buzz once; that bud out of a CBD purchase LOOKED different than the others, smelled different, & fucked me up.:) i suspect possibly a prank by someone where it was packaged, or "maybe" my youngest son. he has a sense of humor that could explain it...:tiphat:
Get your hands on some Harlequin (great for pain), and a decent high.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Get your hands on some Harlequin (great for pain), and a decent high.

last good tasting high CBD i got came out of a friends field. cured in the sun on the stem. i mixed it with some good weed from out west as a salad & i loved it. i'll look Harlequin up, thanks!

Jcue81

Wow prices have come down on CBD flower. Diesel Hemp is a good brand. Their Abacus Diesel was great in the greenhouse- not sure how the full sun is. For $30/ounce I wouldn’t mind trying.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
CBD oil has been a massive help for me in many ways, and I am now growing a CBD plant (Charlottes Angel). I plan to make oil out of it but have vaped a bit as well. Mixing it with THC varieties makes the high much more relaxing. I use the CBD oil in the daytime and have less pain and anxiety. It has replaced a couple of meds. I especially like to mix it with strong sativa.
CBD buds are available here for medical use, currently going for around $150+ AU for 10 grams! So expensive.

AllStuff420

Customers frequently claim that CBD flower is beneficial. But it all relies on the CBD flower you smoke — terpene profiles and cannabinoid concentrations, for example, can have a significant impact on the effectiveness of CBD flower. Hemp flower is intrinsically more effective than other CBD delivery methods.

goingrey

Don't fucking smoke and destroy your lungs for fucking nothing, what the FUCK?? Is my opinion of CBD buds. And cigarettes.

Latest posts

Latest posts